View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 draft quotes from Mike Mayock a week before the draft 
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post draft quotes from Mike Mayock a week before the draft
MMayock: "I have trouble seeing Lane Johnson getting to Arizona clearly."

-----------------------------------

Mayock just said he doesn't see a corner going in the Top 10. Which means he thinks Dee Milliner could conceivably fall to Miami at 12.

-------------------------------------

Mayock says Tyler Eifert is the best tight end of the bunch; not only is he the fastest, he said he's a better blocker than Ertz and Escobar

---------------------------------------

Mayock on Lane Johnson: "This guy's ceiling is unlimited." Says he could be a 10-year Pro Bowler.

----------------------------------------

Mayock: "There's probably 25 to 35 more draftable players this year than last year. Most depth I've seen in a while."

--------------------------------------------

Mayock: "Fluker is a starting right tackle. He's not a left tackle." Says he might be a stretch at 15 (let alone 12).

---------------------------------------------

Mayock likes D.J. Hayden as his No. 1 corner in the draft -- ahead of Milliner. Dolphins are high on Hayden.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Post Re: draft quotes from Mike Mayock a week before the draft
The more time goes by, the more I'm buying into the Eifert pick.

It just makes a lot of sense for the Dolphins.

But if Milliner falls out of the top 10, that's definitely a player that fits a need and is an elite talent.

As far as Hayden, he is an elite athlete as well. I think his near death experience is driving his value down more than it should. I'm not sure I would put him ahead of Milliner, though.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I'd be ecstatic if Milliner fell to us at 12... I'd give you all a kiss.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Am I the only one who is a little troubled by what I saw from Milliner at the combine?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:

Teams will be blowing up Miami's phone to trade if Milliner is still on the board at 12.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:

No need to post threats :fart:

Seriously, though... have we seen a more unpredictable top 10 in recent history? (Much less top 12.) Even without the trade possibilities, the lack of elite talent has the top of this draft very hard to anticipate. The good thing about that is that it makes it more likely that somebody falls to us that we wouldn't have guessed. Milliner, or one of the top 3 OTs, or Eifert at 12... any of that would be a win if we stay put there.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:48 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Daniel Jeremiah has Eifert at #10 on his big board.

Quote:
10) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame: Eifert has excellent speed, strong hands and a huge catching radius. The Notre Dame product must continue to improve as a blocker, but he should be able to make an immediate impact as a high-volume pass catcher.

I think he's gotten much better at his blocking as his career as developed at Notre Dame. He has the body and the willingness to continue to improve to the point where he'll be an above average blocker in pass protection and the run game. He'd be a perfect compliment to what we have as a pass catcher as well. It makes a lot of sense to me at this point.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Daniel Jeremiah has Eifert at #10 on his big board.

Quote:
10) Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame: Eifert has excellent speed, strong hands and a huge catching radius. The Notre Dame product must continue to improve as a blocker, but he should be able to make an immediate impact as a high-volume pass catcher.

I think he's gotten much better at his blocking as his career as developed at Notre Dame. He has the body and the willingness to continue to improve to the point where he'll be an above average blocker in pass protection and the run game. He'd be a perfect compliment to what we have as a pass catcher as well. It makes a lot of sense to me at this point.

I've watched a lot of Irish games, I cannot remember a time when Eifert was asked for any considerable amount of time to be an inline blocker. That kid was almost exclusively lined up outside as the season wore on was used almost like a wideout. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him playing for Miami. Pairing him up with Keller in the redzone would be a matchup nightmare for defenses. But if we're going to look at adding Eifert, I seriously hope we trade back, because he's a big reach at 12 in terms of his overall skillset.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]