View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Dee Milliner to fall to the Dolphins? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dee Milliner to fall to the Dolphins?
Quote:
Speaking on his pre-draft conference call, NFL Network's Mike Mayock said he doesn't think a cornerback will be picked in the top-ten.
Alabama's Dee Milliner has been the only name floated around as a top-ten pick, possibly as high as No. 2 to the Jaguars or No. 6 to the Browns. The Jets at No. 9 have also been linked to Milliner, and that could gain steam once Darrelle Revis is traded. The Dolphins hold the 12th pick, and they're said to be "very high" on Milliner. Mayock has vaulted Houston's D.J. Hayden ahead of Milliner as his No. 1 cornerback in the draft.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dee Milliner to fall to the Dolphins?
Quote:
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Dolphins are "very high" on Alabama CB Dee Milliner.
The Browns are also "looking hard" at Milliner. La Canfora says if the Dolphins can land Chiefs LT Branden Albert in a trade, then they're expected to target a cornerback with the No. 12 overall pick. Milliner may be long gone, but another option could be Florida State's Xavier Rhodes. Miami is also reportedly "very high" on West Virginia WR Tavon Austin.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think D.J. Hayden would also be an excellent pick at 12

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I worry about guys who just suddenly appear in the top 15... the names I've heard all along are Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant... now this Hayden guy is bouncing up?

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
I worry about guys who just suddenly appear in the top 15... the names I've heard all along are Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes and Marcus Trufant... now this Hayden guy is bouncing up?

it's because he almost died on the football field a year ago. There was a special on it last night on nfl network. But basically they were saying he would have been the number 1 corner easily if not for the serious injury that derailed him.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm

swerve13 wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
I worry about guys who just suddenly appear in the top 15... the names I've heard all along are Dee Milliner, Xavier Rhodes and Marcus Trufant... now this Hayden guy is bouncing up?

it's because he almost died on the football field a year ago. There was a special on it last night on nfl network. But basically they were saying he would have been the number 1 corner easily if not for the serious injury that derailed him.

Is there a replay anytime soon? I'd like to see that.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

it's probably online. Maybe nfl.com. everyone i read says he;s a stud. I think he's more gifted than Milliner.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I love Hayden...But at #12? That's a pretty big reach, in my opinion at least.

La Canfora doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Miami. So I'll take that report with a grain of salt. Mando says Miami only like Austin, doesn't love him. I'll go with Mando's word.

I still see Eifert as the guy, unless Milliner falls.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
I love Hayden...But at #12? That's a pretty big reach, in my opinion at least.

La Canfora doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Miami. So I'll take that report with a grain of salt. Mando says Miami only like Austin, doesn't love him. I'll go with Mando's word.

I still see Eifert as the guy, unless Milliner falls.

Mando says......WHATEVER.....I like Hayden a lot, but I like him in the 2nd round or late 1st round.

As much as Omar Kelly can get on my nerves sometimes, Salguero takes it to another level sometimes for me.

No question that if by someway Dee Milliner fell to Miami at #12, they would be tripping over themselves getting that card up to the podium.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Milliner would be a nice fit at 12. There he presents good value and he'd be able to start right away across from Grimes. If we were able to swing a deal for Albert, and then land Milliner at 12, WOW that would be one heck of an offseason and we wouldn't even be in the 2nd day of the draft.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It's already been said here, but I agree, Hayden is a late first rounder at best. Definitely a big reach for us at #12. If we want to trade down and grab him, that's one thing. But to take him where we are would be a mistake in my opinion

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
It's already been said here, but I agree, Hayden is a late first rounder at best. Definitely a big reach for us at #12. If we want to trade down and grab him, that's one thing. But to take him where we are would be a mistake in my opinion

I think taking any cornerback other than Milliner at 12 is a reach. He's truly a top ten talent. The rest of the batch are 2nd and 3rd round talents in my opinion. Let me put it this way, is anyone of these guys as good as Vontae Davis was coming out of college? With the exception of Milliner, I don't think so.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

I think taking any cornerback other than Milliner at 12 is a reach. He's truly a top ten talent. The rest of the batch are 2nd and 3rd round talents in my opinion. Let me put it this way, is anyone of these guys as good as Vontae Davis was coming out of college? With the exception of Milliner, I don't think so.

You don't think that Rhodes or Trufant are first round talents? You are the ONLY one that I have heard say that.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

You don't think that Rhodes or Trufant are first round talents? You are the ONLY one that I have heard say that.

Late first round, yes. But not early to middle. Personally I think Rhodes is a late first round talent that could be picked up in the middle first. Trufant is an early 2nd talent that could slide into the latter part of the 1st. If I had to guess, Milliner goes top ten, Rhodes goes top twenty, Trufant goes late 1st. Vacarro will be somewhere in the middle to later parts of the 1st round as well.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You're contradicting yourself there. You say in one post that everyone other than Milliner is a second or third round talent, and then say that Rhodes is a late first round talent. Which is it?

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:04 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... fts-top-cb

here's the story from nfl network PZ.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
After going back to the film to appreciate Hayden's toughness and tackling ability, Mayock has vaulted Hayden all the way to No. 1 among cornerbacks, ahead of consensus favorite Dee Milliner of Alabama. Hayden also is the top cornerback on NFL Films analyst Greg Cosell's board.

Mayock was particularly impressed with Hayden's performance against Louisiana Tech when he got in second-round wide receiver prospect Quinton Patton's jock and shut him down. "The kid couldn't get off the line," Mayock told the Rich Eisen podcast.

Mayock currently ranks Hayden as the No. 14 overall prospect in the draft.

Now that coaches have gotten involved in the grading, Mayock believes Hayden might go as early as No. 10 to the Tennessee Titans and no later than No. 21 to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm excited about the draft. I think a good quality player will fall to us at 12.

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
You're contradicting yourself there. You say in one post that everyone other than Milliner is a second or third round talent, and then say that Rhodes is a late first round talent. Which is it?

He's an early 2nd round talent that will go in the 1st round because of his elite size. Heck, even Milliner isn't the elite talent that most make him out to be. He's probably more of a late 1st round talent. I think this draft is loaded with 2nd and 3rd round talent at cornerback, but it lacks any truly elite talent. While a few of the players in this draft could become elite and I wouldn't be surprised, every one of these corners has some serious question marks. With Rhodes, it's his awareness, which makes me question whether or not he'll be able to play zone.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

there's better value for corners in the late 1st and early 2nd round. But there will be a big run on them.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have changed my opinion many times about what I think we should do as I have learned more about the prospects. (And I'm no draft guru to begin with.) Right now, here is how I think it could play out to help us the most.

IF we trade for Albert, we should wait to do so until after day 1, so we can see if any of the big 3 OTs fall to us.

*If Milliner or either of the big 3 OTs do fall to us, take him and don't look back. If not,
*Trade down 4 or 5 spots, pick up an extra 3rd rounder and draft Eifert
*Using one of our 3rds and our remaining 2nd, trade back up into the late 1st round and get the best remaining CB among Hayden or Trufant.
*Draft BPA for remaining draft, keying on pass rushers, DBs and OL

I'm still not sold on the Albert trade; I almost would rather try Martin at LT and sign Winston for a year, and pick up a couple 3rd-4th round linemen to develop. I'm just not convinced Albert is good enough for what we will likely have to invest in him. However, I haven't watched the tape.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Albert trade isn't going to get done until after the first day of the draft. Miami wants to see if any of the big 3 OT's will fall to them at 12 before pulling the trigger and bringing in Albert. Assuming that none of them do fall (I don't think Lane gets past #7), I expect us to make the trade for Albert and probably draft Tyler Eifert at the 12 spot. I'm not a huge fan of the Eifert pick, but I've heard way to much talk about it to blow it off.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]