View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Randy Starks a no-show for offseason program 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Randy Starks a no-show for offseason program
Apples to oranges. You don't risk a career threatening in jury at a community service project...

About as much risk as working out. I was painting, caulking, and climbing ladders. Hell, I've heard NFL players tearing an ACL changing a lightbulb.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Apples to oranges. You don't risk a career threatening in jury at a community service project...

About as much risk as working out. I was painting, caulking, and climbing ladders. Hell, I've heard NFL players tearing an ACL changing a lightbulb.

Yes, squeezing a white creamy liquid from a tube is as likely to cause injury as squatting 365 lbs and doing wind sprints. :hithead:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Yes, squeezing a white creamy liquid from a tube is as likely to cause injury as squatting 365 lbs and doing wind sprints. :hithead:

Garrard tore up his knee playing with his kid at the pool..

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:16 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Starks can also get into a car accident while cashing his 8.5 mil check at the bank. BTW, love your sig.

Yes, squeezing a white creamy liquid from a tube is as likely to cause injury as squatting 365 lbs and doing wind sprints.

I love how you left out climbing ladders and painting. You know as well as I do that there are ways to work out and stay in shape without getting hurt. He can go low weight, high reps and "gel" with his teammates after being off. Anyway, cool, you have your opinion of Starks and I have mine. Have a good day.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

Makchell wrote:
I love how you left out climbing ladders and painting.

Yes, because going up and down with a brush is substantially more dangerous than squeezing a caulk gun.

Really dude?

Quote:
You know as well as I do that there are ways to work out and stay in shape without getting hurt.

It is a STRENGTH and conditioning program.

You don't build strength by benching 45 lbs 30 times.

You build it by benching 225 lbs 12 times.

You don't build cardio by walking around. You build it by running.

Conversely, running is also one of the worst exercises for your knees, especially when you weigh 300 lbs.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:55 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

8.5 milion is showing some loyalty. While I hate to be going back to the money , in the end that what it is ultimately about.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 pm

FINesse wrote:
8.5 milion is showing some loyalty. While I hate to be going back to the money , in the end that what it is ultimately about.

$8.5 million is hedging your bets.

You don't let a guy walk out the door in the event you can get something of value in return.

And at the very least, they get to keep him for one more year before dumping him next year.

That's what you call loyalty?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 pm

10acjed wrote:

Yeah, not so much...
Quote:
Garrard had been experiencing pain in the joint for three days, but decided enough was enough when he turned to look at his son in his backyard Thursday night and felt something in his knee pop, according to a source.

After learning that MassLive.com was pursuing this story, Garrard contacted us to clarify that the incident with his son wasn't the cause of his injury, though it was the last thing that happened before he went to see the Dolphins' training staff.

"I wasn't out playing basketball or football with my son," Garrard said. "I saw him running for the pool and I turned and felt some popping and clicking. I went in and told (the trainers) that, but that wasn't the cause. It had been swelling up on me throughout camp.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/ ... l_str.html

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
Yeah, not so much...

lol hence the caveat in my sig indicating I may use sarcasm

I was unaware you were in serious discussion of caulking, painting and NFL football......

:grin:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:04 pm

10acjed wrote:
I was unaware you were in serious discussion of caulking, painting and NFL football......

Someone else actually seriously tried to make that comparison. Not me.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:32 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Someone else actually seriously tried to make that comparison. Not me.

I climb ladders regularly and will tell you first hand, they are pretty safe so long as you use some common sense...

But caulking is serious work, I think you should have some respect for the caulkers here and the dangers of the job...
:fart:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: March 4, 2013 at 11:29 a.m.
Updated: March 4, 2013 at 04:38 p.m.

Starks would have made a lot of coin on the free-agent market as the best potential interior lineman. He can play in any scheme and is a solid performer against the run and the pass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... nchise-tag

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
By Adam H. Beasley
abeasley@MiamiHerald.com

Brian Hartline’s back was in pain and Randy Starks was mourning the death of his mom, but both played Sunday against the Bills.

It was last Thursday morning, and Brian Hartline’s back was a mess. He injured it against the Jaguars and was unable to practice.

Randy Starks, meanwhile, wasn’t even in the state. A family tragedy had him up north all week.

For the Dolphins, the news could hardly have been worse.

They were already down three starters — Davone Bess, Koa Misi and Nolan Carroll — and could ill afford to lose another one, let alone two.

But considering their circumstances — one hurting physically, the other emotionally — few would have blamed either Hartline or Starks for taking the week off.

Neither would stand for it. ...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/26/3 ... rylink=cpy

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Players Hit The Go-Cart Track With Foster Kids

Posted 20 hours ago

Andy Kent Dolphins.com @Andy_Kent

Judging by the looks on the players’ faces, it meant just as much to them. The chance to have a little fun on a go-kart track was too much for this large group to pass up, which is why there was such an incredible turnout led by two of the three quarterbacks currently on the roster – Tannehill and Matt Moore.

Chas Alecxih, Chandler Burden, Dan Carpenter, Nolan Carroll, John Denney, Dannell Ellerbe, Brandon Fields, Nate Garner, Jonas Gray, Brian Hartline, John Jerry, Reshad Jones, Josh Kaddu, Jorvorskie Lane, Lamar Miller and Richard Marshall joined Jonathan Martin, Andrew McDonald, Koa Misi, Moore, Jared Odrick, Julian Posey, Mike Pouncey, Kheeston Randall, Josh Samuda, Derrick Shelby, Austin Spitler, Randy Starks, Tannehill, Marcus Thigpen, Olivier Vernon, Cameron Wake and Philip Wheeler on the track. They all were thrilled to be there for the cause.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... a0525bb9c3

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2