View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Cal WR Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Cal WR Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
Quote:
Cal WR Keenan Allen was red-flagged for a drug test at February's Combine.
Allen's rocky run-up to the draft continues. Concerns about a slow recovery stemming from an October knee injury coupled with forty times of 4.71 and 4.75 have his first-round status on shaky ground. Allen took another drug test this month, the results of which are unknown. For what it's worth, his agent is denying that Allen ever failed a drug test -- he says his client was retested for ankle and knee injuries.

-Rotoworld

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Cal WR Keenan Allen red-flagged for drug test
Kid just cost himself millions. He'll probably fall to the 2nd round now. Maybe we'll go after him if he's still there when we pick in the 2nd.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I like what I heard Tim Hasselback say earlier today that a failed test for marijuana doesn't matter much. A slow 40 time matters much more to GM's than a failed pot test

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
Kid just cost himself millions. He'll probably fall to the 2nd round now. Maybe we'll go after him if he's still there when we pick in the 2nd.

I can't see Miami targeting a WR in the draft, even if they trade Bess. They invested a lot of money in Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Keller as receiving targets. Binns and Matthews are more than adequate 4th and 5th options at WR.

As for Allen, I agree that his stock may be falling but I'm not sure these allegations will fuel it too much. With Miami it would as it seems Philbin doesn't take kindly to red flags, but I think his injury issue will make him "that guy" who people predicted as a 1st rounder but slips into the middle of the 2nd round. Wouldn't surprise me at all if guys like Woods, Patton and Hunter are drafted before him.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The last 2 weeks have not certainly be good ones for Keenan.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I can't see Miami targeting a WR in the draft, even if they trade Bess. They invested a lot of money in Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Keller as receiving targets. Binns and Matthews are more than adequate 4th and 5th options at WR.

As for Allen, I agree that his stock may be falling but I'm not sure these allegations will fuel it too much. With Miami it would as it seems Philbin doesn't take kindly to red flags, but I think his injury issue will make him "that guy" who people predicted as a 1st rounder but slips into the middle of the 2nd round. Wouldn't surprise me at all if guys like Woods, Patton and Hunter are drafted before him.

So if a potentially elite receiver is still on the board in the 2nd round, you wouldn't go after him? I think he's the kind of player that could take our already very good receiver group and move it into the elite category. If he's there in the latter part of the 2nd round, I'd love to see the Dolphins take him.

But personally, Coradelle Patterson is the guy I'm hoping slips. I'm hoping his rockstar impersonation on the combine hotel room makes him fall to us in the middle second round. I think he'd be absolutely explosive in our offense with the weapons we already have in place.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
The last 2 weeks have not certainly be good ones for Keenan.

Tony it's funny, all along in this process the past 3 or 4 months i could never get excited about him. He's a good solid player but there just was no glowing endorsements for him like the ones Tavon and Patterson got from scouts.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I will not be shocked if we don't draft a WR or a TE in the first 3 rounds.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Maybe its prescribed by his Dr in California....

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]