View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
 2-round Mock Draft with Trades 
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post 2-round Mock Draft with Trades
This is a very tough draft to forecast. So this is my best guess at what will happen
with the first 62 picks of the 2013 draft. It includes 4 trades in these 2 rounds.

Everyone knows by now that I think the Dolphins will trade up for a franchise offensive tackle, so that’s why I’m predicting that outcome.... even though I’d also be extremely happy with Tavon Austin, Cordarelle Patterson, Tyler Eifert or Bjoern Werner. Again this is just what I think will happen.

Round 1

1. Chiefs - Eric Fisher-LT
2. Jaguars - Dion Jordan-DE/OLB
3. Raiders - Shariff Floyd-DT
4. Eagles - Luke Joeckel-LT
5. Lions - Ziggy Ansah-DE
TRADE! Browns trade the 6th pick to Miami for picks 12, 54 and 146
6. Dolphins - Lane Johnson-LT

7. Cardinals - Jarvis Jones-OLB
8. Bills - Geno Smith-QB
9. Jets - Dee Milliner-CB
10. Titans - Jonathan Cooper-G
11. Chargers - Barkevious Mingo-OLB
12. Browns - Desmond Trufant - CB
TRADE! Bucs trade the 13th pick to New York for CB-Darrelle Revis
13. Jets - Tavon Austin - WR
14. Panthers - Sheldon Richardson-DT
TRADE! Saints trade the 15th pick to the Bengals for picks 21 and 53
15. Bengals - Kenny Vaccaro -S
16. Rams - Chance Warmack-G
17. Steelers - Tank Carradine-OLB
18. Cowboys - Star Lotuleli-DT
19. Giants - Bjoern Werner-DE
20. Bears - Alec Ogletree-LB
21. Saints - D.J. Fluker-RT
22. Rams - Keenan Allen-WR
23. Vikings - Cordarelle Patterson-WR
24. Colts - Datone Jones-DE
25. Vikings - D.J. Hayden-CB
26. Packers - Tyler Eifert-TE
27. Texans - Deandre Hopkins-WR
28. Broncos - Sylvester Williams-DT
TRADE! Patriots trade the 29th pick to the Eagles for picks 35 and 101
29. Eagles - E.J. Manuel-QB
30. Falcons - Xavier Rhodes-CB
31. 49ers - Jonathan Cyprien-S
32. Ravens - Manti Teo-MLB

Round 2

33. Jaguars - Jamar Taylor-CB
34. 49ers - Margus Hunt-DE
35. Patriots - Blidi Wreh Wilson-CB
36. Lions - Menelik Watson-OT
37. Bengals - Terron Armstead-OT
38. Cardinals - Justin Pugh-OT/G
39. Jets - Matt Barkley-QB
40. Titans - Robert Alford-CB
41. Bills - Kevin Minter-MLB
42. Dolphins - Johnthan Banks-CB
43. Bucs - Kawann Short-DT
44. Panthers - Justin Hunter-WR
45. Chargers - Kyle Long-OT/G
46. Rams - Matt Elam-SS
47. Cowboys - Eric Reid-FS
48. Steelers - Eddie Lacy-RB
49. Giants - Arthur Brown-OLB
50. Bears - John Jenkins-DT
51. Redskins - Darius Slay-CB
52. Vikings - Jesse Williams-DT
53. Saints - Jaime Collins-OLB
54. Browns - Zach Ertz-TE
55. Packers - Travis Frederick-C/G
56. Seahawks - Gavin Escobar-TE
57. Texans - Kiko Alonso-MLB
58. Broncos - Damontre Moore-DE
59. Patriots - Quinton Patton-WR
60. Falcons - Alex Okafor-DE
61. 49ers - Markus Wheaton-WR
62. Ravens - Robert Woods-WR

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: 2-round Mock Draft with Trades
Trade up for Johnson to not only pass on Millner but to let the Jets have him knowing Revis is gone..

I would not be happy.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:02 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I like the aggressive thought, but I would rather see Miami trade out of pick#12 perhaps move around between pick #20-#22 and gain potentially another 3rd rounder and snag Eifert.

I don't believe Miami should trade picks away as they have the ability to still get a blue chip starting talent and gain another nice pick. IF of course someone will trade with them, otherwise stay put and get the best pick at 12.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Good effort, but trading up would be a bad idea.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

We should trade down all of our picks so that we nearly own the entire 7th round. Then we will have lots of draft picks!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 am

We should trade down all of our picks so that we nearly own the entire 7th round. Then we will have lots of draft picks!

Welcome back Debbie.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

Terrible.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 am
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Geez guys. A mock reflects what he thinks WILL happen. Not what he wants to happen.

Then again he's a fan of this scenario....so....You suck swerve! Just terrible!;)

Some guys that I think will go a lot higher than you projected: Patton, Hunter, Escobar, Eifert, and I tend to think Barkley still goes in the first round. I love that you have Rhodes at the bottom of the first; I feel like I'm the only one who isn't convinced he's a first round CB.

I think that's pretty high for Trufant, Mingo and Keenan Allen.

That's it for my not picking. I wouldn't be happy with the draft because I don't like Banks and I'd hate a trade up. But unfortunately that's a distinct possibility.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Geez guys. A mock reflects what he thinks WILL happen. Not what he wants to happen.

Ok? And my post reflects what I think of what he thinks will happen. What's the problem?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

If Miami traded away that much to go to the 6th spot, the ONLY player I would be content with is Dee Milliner. I am still drooling at the thought of pairing him up with Brent Grimes, that duo could potentially reach to be the league's elite just by year 2-3 if Grimes stays. Not to mention Jones in the back as well...LETHAL. I'm done.

:hithead:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:39 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The O-Line is never sexy.........what's sexy is giving your QB the time to hit Wallace on a deep post.

Several of the Mock drafts have Joekel, Fisher and Johnson being taken by the 7th pick.........with the next OT being taken around the 20th pick. Seems to represent quite a separation between the top 3 LTs ad the rest of the field. O Line remains our most glaring need, if we can get Johnson with our late 2nd and a 5th or lower........I'm all for it.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 am
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

shularino wrote:
The O-Line is never sexy.........what's sexy is giving your QB the time to hit Wallace on a deep post.

Several of the Mock drafts have Joekel, Fisher and Johnson being taken by the 7th pick.........with the next OT being taken around the 20th pick. Seems to represent quite a separation between the top 3 LTs ad the rest of the field. O Line remains our most glaring need, if we can get Johnson with our late 2nd and a 5th or lower........I'm all for it.

You have to look at Detroit as a team that will very seriously consider an OL as well, as they lost both OT.

I think Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Kyle Long can be just as effective as the so called Big 3. We will see how it pans out, but that is a lot to give up to get to #6. I was thinking about that to get to the Raiders #3 pick to look at Fisher or Joeckel.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:36 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
I was thinking about that to get to the Raiders #3 pick to look at Fisher or Joeckel.

Hey I proposed that thought a while back and people thought I was bonkers for doing so. I don't think this is your typical draft where it will cost a lot to move up. I forget who it was but I saw someone talking about sending picks and Davone Bess to the Raiders to get Fisher.

Good job on the mock Swerve. Its never easy to put together and rest assured at least a few people will tell you it couldn't be more wrong. I personally don't want to see them trade up for Johnson (I'd rather them get more aggressive to land Fisher) but its not an unlikely scenario. I've seen a lot of mocks recently predicting that trade.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Quote:
The National Football Post passes along "buzz building in league circles" that the draft's top-three offensive tackles are in "high demand" and will "go fast" on the first day of the draft.
The tackle-needy Chargers, sitting at 11, can no longer count on one of the tackles falling to them. They may have to reach for D.J. Fluker, and we could also see Terron Armstead going in the first round. Per NFP, "some" would not be surprised if a team like the Dolphins traded up for a left tackle. We expect Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, and Lane Johnson all to be top-seven picks.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
Trade up for Johnson to not only pass on Millner but to let the Jets have him knowing Revis is gone..

I would not be happy.

LOL. I figured some would be unhappy seeing the Jets get Milliner and Austin. Fan favorites here.
But they need those players even more than we do.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

shularino wrote:

pretty much the way i've been seeing it to man. Everyone wants the big 3. We're lucky enough to have so many picks that we can give a 2nd rounder and still have plenty of quality picks to fill holes.

NFL AM just did a feature on the Dolphins this morning and they love what the Dolphins have gotten for Tannehill to work with but they all agreed that now he needs protection after signing all the weapons. i feel the same way.

Last edited by swerve13 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
shularino wrote:

You have to look at Detroit as a team that will very seriously consider an OL as well, as they lost both OT.

I think Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Kyle Long can be just as effective as the so called Big 3. We will see how it pans out, but that is a lot to give up to get to #6. I was thinking about that to get to the Raiders #3 pick to look at Fisher or Joeckel.

It's really just giving up a low 2nd round pick. That's it. I could care less about the 5th rounder.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:04 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

jammer wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
I was thinking about that to get to the Raiders #3 pick to look at Fisher or Joeckel.

Hey I proposed that thought a while back and people thought I was bonkers for doing so. I don't think this is your typical draft where it will cost a lot to move up. I forget who it was but I saw someone talking about sending picks and Davone Bess to the Raiders to get Fisher.

Good job on the mock Swerve. Its never easy to put together and rest assured at least a few people will tell you it couldn't be more wrong. I personally don't want to see them trade up for Johnson (I'd rather them get more aggressive to land Fisher) but its not an unlikely scenario. I've seen a lot of mocks recently predicting that trade.

The Sirius XM mock draft sent picks and Bess to the Raiders.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:42 pm

jammer wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Jam, at the time when you came out with yours, I was not really putting a whole lot into Miami trading up. So much buzz out there now, that it is hard to ignore.

It is also hard to ignore that teams need to be aware of the fact that Detroit is wanting a OLT and supposedly have been talking with the Jaguars to look to trade up to make sure the land one.

I think trading up for Miami could be costly. I was possibly looking at what swerve put together to get to #3, but it may cost more than that. Adding Davone Bess to the equation makes sense in regards to how expensive this could be, in regards to the trade scenario that PZ put out there.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm still not convinced that Miami isn't going to trade down rather than up. Unlike many, I think that this draft is rather deep at the O-line position, and if there's a way that we can trade down, then trade back into the first round and maximize the efficacy of our picks, I would love to see it!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Thank you for posting your thoughts, and the work that went into a two round mock. Agree or disagree, well done sir.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
I'm still not convinced that Miami isn't going to trade down rather than up. Unlike many, I think that this draft is rather deep at the O-line position, and if there's a way that we can trade down, then trade back into the first round and maximize the efficacy of our picks, I would love to see it!

One thing to keep in mind is that just because there are good prospects available, does not mean the Dolphins, or any other team, does not fall in love with a single player.

If a guy goes out and impresses Philbin or Ireland, they may be willing to do whatever it necessary to get that guy believing he could stand out above the others available.

Actually I hope that is the case. I'd rather they go for they guy they want and believe in, rather than sit around and wait for whomever gets left behind and say "he'll do."

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I hope that's the case too, that one player stands out to them and they decide that they have to have him. I just don't want to see them overpay to get that player and have him not pan out, as I have seen happen so many times in this league.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
. We're lucky enough to have so many picks that we can give a 2nd rounder and still have plenty of quality picks to fill holes.

So many quality picks? If you trade a 2nd Rder that leaves you with 2. No way is anything below a 2nd consider quality. Player has been passed over at least twice.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 pm

jammer wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Thanks jammer, you're right, very hard to predict this draft and very hard to please the fan base. I wasnt really trying to please them anyway. LOL

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 am

Phin wrote:
Thank you for posting your thoughts, and the work that went into a two round mock. Agree or disagree, well done sir.

Much appreciated Phin

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 am

degs wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that just because there are good prospects available, does not mean the Dolphins, or any other team, does not fall in love with a single player.

If a guy goes out and impresses Philbin or Ireland, they may be willing to do whatever it necessary to get that guy believing he could stand out above the others available.

Actually I hope that is the case. I'd rather they go for they guy they want and believe in, rather than sit around and wait for whomever gets left behind and say "he'll do."

Amen brother! show some stones and get the elite lineman instead of settling for Fluker.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 am

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
. We're lucky enough to have so many picks that we can give a 2nd rounder and still have plenty of quality picks to fill holes.

So many quality picks? If you trade a 2nd Rder that leaves you with 2. No way is anything below a 2nd consider quality. Player has been passed over at least twice.

this is a strong draft through 4 rounds.
I especially think our two 3rd rounders are going to bring in early contributers in 2013.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Raiders need a DT............what about trading Odrick in order to swap first round picks. In addition, we get their 3rd (#66). They don't have a 2nd. That would put us into play for Joekel or Fisher.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Jam, at the time when you came out with yours, I was not really putting a whole lot into Miami trading up. So much buzz out there now, that it is hard to ignore.

Understood. When I did it I was just trying to think outside the box and connect dots with needs - Miami needing a LT and the Raiders needing picks.

I don't think Miami is trading up. I've seen a few mocks this morning, Omar Kelly included, having Miami stay at 12 and taking Tyler Eifert. I know that has been discussed a lot already here and I'm okay with the pick.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:01 am

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter tweeted the top three OTs will be selected within the top seven picks, and possibly sooner.
This is not surprising, and even though no such thing as a "can't miss" prospects, these tackles are likely viewed as more proven commodities compared to others. The likeliest landing spots include the Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Lions, and Cardinals, with the Jaguars likely to show interest as well. Teams trading into the top 5 is also a realistic option.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm

and even though no such thing as a "can't miss" prospects

Scary, lots of risk involved and not mention we would have to trade up.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Makchell wrote:
and even though no such thing as a "can't miss" prospects

Scary, lots of risk involved and not mention we would have to trade up.

They'd have to really fall in love with one of the tackles Mak

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

I would be thrilled if Miami stayed at 12 and took Eifert. It would be nice to see the Dolphins with real weapons at TE. Eifert will make a great red zone target, as well as being a security blanket for Tannehill.

I am leery of the price Miami might have to pay to bring in Albert at OT, but it seems like the best way to fill a need at LT. I still don't think Jonathan Martin isn't the answer though....

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]