View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... se-history

It's nice to see Miami with so many picks while New England has very little.
How things have changed. Maybe this is the first sign of a changing of the guard in the AFC East


Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
And they would have had one less had Pittsburgh not decided to keep Emmanuel Sanders

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
the Patriots may be coming to an end, trying to trade all of their picks for quick veteran fixes.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:08 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4504
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
swerve13 wrote:
the Patriots may be coming to an end, trying to trade all of their picks for quick veteran fixes.

Sanders was a smart move for NE. Young & good for a 3rd, not a bad price. Actually thought Miami should have done it & got rid of Bess.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:34 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
the Patriots may be coming to an end, trying to trade all of their picks for quick veteran fixes.

Sanders was a smart move for NE. Young & good for a 3rd, not a bad price. Actually thought Miami should have done it & got rid of Bess.


The Steelers matched it so he won't be a Patriot.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:48 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 3117
Location: MA.
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
swerve13 wrote:
the Patriots may be coming to an end, trying to trade all of their picks for quick veteran fixes.


Bad drafting with all those picks is their biggest problem...They have tried to address the secondary,D-line and wr. time and time again and failed....


Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3840
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.
But honestly they have no where to go but down. Dominating the division like they did for a dozen seasons in this era is unheard of & while I am glad we are now the team to beat in the AFC I think we should just move on instead of gloat. While we have 2008 & the Jets have those AFC championship games , having one team own a division for so long only shows the ineptness of the others. But just as the past is just that we can have just as long as reign with what we have built here.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:46 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4785
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.

FINesse, Although I want to see this happen, but until Miami actually goes out and beats New England twice on the field, then we can celebrate. Year in and year out this is a very well coached team and has been a thorn in our side. I also wouldn't say "easy" either, nothing has been easy playing division rivals and especially the dreaded Pats.

Miami still has improvements to make as well in order to get to the next level & let's hope they finally take it.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1326
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.


I wouldn't write off the Patriots just yet. As long as Brady is playing the Patriots will be a playoff contender.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4785
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.

Exactly Bobby, that is a more realistic approach as much as I hate to say it. Miami has got to finally get over the hump and PROVE they can knock the Pats off.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:12 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse, I love your optimism, but perhaps we should slow down a little. Let's look at it this way; roster to roster:

QB: advantage NE
WR: advantage Miami
RB: advantage NE (until Miller proves otherwise)
TE: advantage NE
OL: advantage NE

DL: advantage Miami
LB: advantage NE (until our new guys prove otherwise)
DB: slight advantage Miami, maybe
P/K: advantage Miami
Coaching: advantage NE (until we prove otherwise)

Of course this is just my opinion, but I don't see how this adds up to an easy sweep. We will be competitive. But all these disparate parts on offense must learn to function well within our system, and that's not even considering the parts we haven't added yet (OL, possible TE and/or WR rookies.)

Yes, I see our arrow pointing up and their's down, but I don't know that we've intersected just yet.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.
But honestly they have no where to go but down. Dominating the division like they did for a dozen seasons in this era is unheard of & while I am glad we are now the team to beat in the AFC I think we should just move on instead of gloat. While we have 2008 & the Jets have those AFC championship games , having one team own a division for so long only shows the ineptness of the others. But just as the past is just that we can have just as long as reign with what we have built here.


:yay: We will make a Super Bowl run in 2014. We could easily dominate the division this year. We need a very good draft though.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
They love Finesse's optimism.... oh boy...

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1299
Location: Charlotte, NC
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Lets start by sweeping the Jets and Bills. You have to go back to 2003, since we did that.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
The Pats will always be good until Brady retires. It all starts with him. They really haven't hit on picks and they release vets like there;s no tomorrow. If it wasn't for Brady, the Pats would be a sorry team like us. They would run thier organizarion into the ground without him.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:40 am
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am
Posts: 11
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
The Patriots will be an easy sweep this season. There reign is over and they are smart enough to realize that they are playing for a wild card spot this season.
But honestly they have no where to go but down. Dominating the division like they did for a dozen seasons in this era is unheard of & while I am glad we are now the team to beat in the AFC I think we should just move on instead of gloat. While we have 2008 & the Jets have those AFC championship games , having one team own a division for so long only shows the ineptness of the others. But just as the past is just that we can have just as long as reign with what we have built here.

It smells like sarcasm in here.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 am
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6633
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
You go Mitch!!!

lol


Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
I can't believe you guys are reading into this as the demise of NE.

You guys do realize this was by design right? Those years of trading down, going for quantity didn't work. They now prioritize quality over quantity. That's what this is.

Hopefully Miami does the same. I'd rather come out of the first three rounds turning those 5 picks into 3 picks than into 7.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
The New England Patriots are on the downslide. Brady is on the decline. It is not just the number of picks they have this year. The Dolphins should be much better than last year based on the recent personnel moves. Throw in a good 2013 draft and the two teams are closer than you think.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1861
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Dolfanrar wrote:
Bradys is on the declines.


We all know he is at the latter portion of his career and must show signs of decline soon, but regardless, he has yet to show really any at all. You can't physically point out an example of it, it just hasn't happened yet. Hopefully the trend will begin this season. It's definitely true that they're as weak as they have been since the dawn of the Brady era though, and for that I'm excited.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
shularino wrote:
Lets start by sweeping the Jets and Bills. You have to go back to 2003, since we did that.


I agree Shularino, and I thijk this is the year to do that. Both those teams look awful and we got alot better. I like our chances to go 4-0 in those games.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Phins Rock wrote:
I can't believe you guys are reading into this as the demise of NE.

You guys do realize this was by design right? Those years of trading down, going for quantity didn't work. They now prioritize quality over quantity. That's what this is.

Hopefully Miami does the same. I'd rather come out of the first three rounds turning those 5 picks into 3 picks than into 7.


that's exactly why I want Lane Johnson. Sometimes you trade all year for picks just to use them as ammo to trade up. We have too many picks not to move up. It's not as if 11 rookies will make our team. Especially since the overall talent has gotten alot better.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
swerve, how many picks are you willing to give up? I know you think this team has filled some holes with free agency, and they indeed have. But this still is a 7-9 team that is still building a nice, young talent base. This is not the Atlanta Falcons were the team is just a few players away.

No question that we disagree on the talent in this class in regards to OL, as I would be more than willing to look to trade back into the 1st round to grab a kid or trade up into the 2nd round to get Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Kyle Long.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3840
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
You cant praise all these moves & not think we are at least a playoff team. The title of this thread although in a subtle way suggests that we have at least pulled within striking distance of the Patriots. Funny how year after year we predict and give reasons for their demise but when it is suggested we are now the better team many doubters arise. Why are we not the better team. Better defense , and all the until we prove other wises have started to be proven last season & will be ratified this season. And the future will tell us that from a great QB class last season , we have the best in that class.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
You cant praise all these moves & not think we are at least a playoff team. The title of this thread although in a subtle way suggests that we have at least pulled within striking distance of the Patriots. Funny how year after year we predict and give reasons for their demise but when it is suggested we are now the better team many doubters arise. Why are we not the better team. Better defense , and all the until we prove other wises have started to be proven last season & will be ratified this season. And the future will tell us that from a great QB class last season , we have the best in that class.


I realize Dolfans are a pessimistic bunch and rightly so, but this time is different. Tannehill has "it" and will take giant steps this year if our O-line gives him a chance. From watching Brady just about every week, I will tell you he is starting to decline. He misses throws he use to make. His numbers have not shown it but you will see it more this year. Plus NE's defense is not that good.

We had a very good FA period and now we need a good draft. Hang on its going to be a fun ride.


Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
You cant praise all these moves & not think we are at least a playoff team. The title of this thread although in a subtle way suggests that we have at least pulled within striking distance of the Patriots. Funny how year after year we predict and give reasons for their demise but when it is suggested we are now the better team many doubters arise. Why are we not the better team. Better defense , and all the until we prove other wises have started to be proven last season & will be ratified this season. And the future will tell us that from a great QB class last season , we have the best in that class.


FINesse, I don't mind saying I take a lot of what you state with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to positives on the Dolphins and New England. Most of your comments drip with sarcasm, or at least it does to me.

I love the moves that the Dolphins have made and I think they will be able to contend for a playoff spot. It got to be done on the field and we have to see Coach Philbin and his staff meld this into a cohesive unit.

With that said, I don't mind saying I hope the Dolphins stand pat and take all of their picks. But there is to much buzz for the Dolphins trading up to not acknowledge there a chance it could happen.

I just like the thought of adding talent, and I have heard it said on numerous occasion that there is not a TRULY Elite players in this draft.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3840
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Tony , if the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs the season is a disappointment and a failure. Admittedly after Wallace and Keller I dont know a whole lot about these guys (twins have a way of keeping you away from the sports sections) but as you know I am one who has seen nothing good about the last decade of Dolphin football. finally it has been realized & recent activity has proven that. Predicting playoffs is no sarcasm but honestly when I come on here & read that a team failing to sniff the playoffs for so long is going in the right direction , yeah , I will throw the sarcasm in there. Its like gloating that after 12 years Brady is in decline when he has done all that he has done in his career just like the misinformed Patriot fan will gloat about Marino not winning a super bowl.
Anyway , you dont do all this turning over thinking 7-9 will suffice. This team is being built for success this season. Ireland is looking to renew , Ross is looking for money , Paul Dee is looking for super bowl 50 and the team is looking to do away with the stench of seasons past and be recognized as relevant. Winning has proven that it will not bring the fans back to the stadium (this is South Florida) but is all this team can do to get out of the joke status.
Im saying 11 wins this year , no sarcasm.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
To get to 11-5 (per FIINesse), here's how I see the Dolphins season happening...

Buffalo 2-0
New England 1-1
N.Y. Jets 2-0
Baltimore 0-1
Cincinnati 1-0
Atlanta 0-1
Carolina 1-0
San Diego 1-0
Cleveland 1-0
Pittsburgh 1-0
New Orleans 0-1
Tampa Bay 1-0
Indianapolis 0-1

I have us losing at New Orleans and Indianapolis on the road, though they seem winnable. Countering that, I have us sweeping the Jets and Bills and splitting with the Pats, which is always a dicey proposition. Seems a little more do-able, now that I look at it this way...


Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
Tony , if the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs the season is a disappointment and a failure. Admittedly after Wallace and Keller I dont know a whole lot about these guys (twins have a way of keeping you away from the sports sections) but as you know I am one who has seen nothing good about the last decade of Dolphin football. finally it has been realized & recent activity has proven that. Predicting playoffs is no sarcasm but honestly when I come on here & read that a team failing to sniff the playoffs for so long is going in the right direction , yeah , I will throw the sarcasm in there. Its like gloating that after 12 years Brady is in decline when he has done all that he has done in his career just like the misinformed Patriot fan will gloat about Marino not winning a super bowl.
Anyway , you dont do all this turning over thinking 7-9 will suffice. This team is being built for success this season. Ireland is looking to renew , Ross is looking for money , Paul Dee is looking for super bowl 50 and the team is looking to do away with the stench of seasons past and be recognized as relevant. Winning has proven that it will not bring the fans back to the stadium (this is South Florida) but is all this team can do to get out of the joke status.
Im saying 11 wins this year , no sarcasm.




Have to say I am surprised to read that FINesse. I do believe the Phins can win 9-10 games this year with the upgrades. Ryan has to take the next step with the weapons he now has and Miami needs to fortify the OL among a few other things.

I certainly agree that the Dolphins are all in this year.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
phinsfansc wrote:
swerve, how many picks are you willing to give up? I know you think this team has filled some holes with free agency, and they indeed have. But this still is a 7-9 team that is still building a nice, young talent base. This is not the Atlanta Falcons were the team is just a few players away.

No question that we disagree on the talent in this class in regards to OL, as I would be more than willing to look to trade back into the 1st round to grab a kid or trade up into the 2nd round to get Menelik Watson, Terron Armstead or Kyle Long.


a 2nd rounder and a late pick is what I would be willing to trade. The Dolphins did way more in free agency than I was expecting them to do. No team is "complete" everywhere on their depth chart. But if you can field 10 to 13 excellent starters between the offense and defense you can compete at a high level in the NFL.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:40 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
FINesse wrote:
You cant praise all these moves & not think we are at least a playoff team. The title of this thread although in a subtle way suggests that we have at least pulled within striking distance of the Patriots. Funny how year after year we predict and give reasons for their demise but when it is suggested we are now the better team many doubters arise. Why are we not the better team. Better defense , and all the until we prove other wises have started to be proven last season & will be ratified this season. And the future will tell us that from a great QB class last season , we have the best in that class.


We've never had an offseason like this since Marino retired. Hence all the optimism.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:42 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
phinsfansc wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Tony , if the Dolphins fail to make the playoffs the season is a disappointment and a failure. Admittedly after Wallace and Keller I dont know a whole lot about these guys (twins have a way of keeping you away from the sports sections) but as you know I am one who has seen nothing good about the last decade of Dolphin football. finally it has been realized & recent activity has proven that. Predicting playoffs is no sarcasm but honestly when I come on here & read that a team failing to sniff the playoffs for so long is going in the right direction , yeah , I will throw the sarcasm in there. Its like gloating that after 12 years Brady is in decline when he has done all that he has done in his career just like the misinformed Patriot fan will gloat about Marino not winning a super bowl.
Anyway , you dont do all this turning over thinking 7-9 will suffice. This team is being built for success this season. Ireland is looking to renew , Ross is looking for money , Paul Dee is looking for super bowl 50 and the team is looking to do away with the stench of seasons past and be recognized as relevant. Winning has proven that it will not bring the fans back to the stadium (this is South Florida) but is all this team can do to get out of the joke status.
Im saying 11 wins this year , no sarcasm.




Have to say I am surprised to read that FINesse. I do believe the Phins can win 9-10 games this year with the upgrades. Ryan has to take the next step with the weapons he now has and Miami needs to fortify the OL among a few other things.

I certainly agree that the Dolphins are all in this year.


I have the Patriots winning 11 this year and us winning 9.
I believe those are very realistic expectations.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:45 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4504
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
swerve13 wrote:

The Steelers matched it so he won't be a Patriot.

Yes, but still a smart attempt.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3840
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Plus in the era now of 1 year contracts it seems teams are playing for the present & dealing with the future as it happens. After all these moves plus the upcoming draft that I am sure we will all love , winning 7 again is unacceptable & Ireland will be done.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4785
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
To get to 11-5 (per FIINesse), here's how I see the Dolphins season happening...

Buffalo 2-0
New England 1-1
N.Y. Jets 2-0
Baltimore 0-1
Cincinnati 1-0
Atlanta 0-1
Carolina 1-0
San Diego 1-0
Cleveland 1-0
Pittsburgh 1-0
New Orleans 0-1
Tampa Bay 1-0
Indianapolis 0-1

I have us losing at New Orleans and Indianapolis on the road, though they seem winnable. Countering that, I have us sweeping the Jets and Bills and splitting with the Pats, which is always a dicey proposition. Seems a little more do-able, now that I look at it this way...


This is certainly a nice "preseason" prediction, but realistically we all know teams that look like they can be beat entering into a new season end up becoming the surprise team of the NFL turning their program around and the challenge is you never know who that team is going to be.

Hopefully, Miami is one of them, inevitably, some of those teams above could very well turn into a much tougher opponent as you cannot always base predictions on the season before. Just my thoughts, but I definitely love the 11-5 idea.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:39 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Looking at the schedule...while I don't think it will happen, I could see us potentially going 13-3. I agree that we'll sweep the Bills and Jets and split with New England. I also think that we can beat the Ravens (yes, I know they are the Super Bowl champs, but they are beatable) and the Saints.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6323
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
that looks like a 9-7 schedule for a team with alot of new parts and a 2nd year quarterback.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:37 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3840
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
A second year QB in the system is an asset. Honeymoon periods are over. This had better be more than a 9 win team. If not and all these one year contracts end , do we go into the following season predicting single digit wins because of new parts and a 3rd year QB?
We have seen posts here loving every move & even some on how a team can win immediately via being active in free agency. I think we predict sub par seasons on purpose so we can be falsely shocked at a better season. Once again , this team is being assembled to make a major run this season.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:21 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4785
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Every year it seems some of us Dolphin fans get overly optimistic with predicting 11-5, 12-4 and now someone mentioning they could go 13-3. I mean until Miami actually puts a season together it is so hard for me to see this as a realistic jump in record. Don't get me wrong I HOPE Miami becomes one of the top NFL teams, so by suggesting these stellar records you are saying they are and unless they draft very smart and get key players to still plug into their holes for me personally, I cannot put my prediction that high.

If Miami comes out 9-7 or at best 10-6 this season, Philbin will still have this team heading in the right direction. The Dolphins need to start out of the gate strong this season as that will certainly help their confidence, so I am very interested to see who their first 6 games are against.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1326
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Pats have few picks.......Dolphins have many
Finhead34 wrote:
If Miami comes out 9-7 or at best 10-6 this season, Philbin will still have this team heading in the right direction. The Dolphins need to start out of the gate strong this season as that will certainly help their confidence, so I am very interested to see who their first 6 games are against.


I am with you Finhead. 9-7 or 10-6 is a realistic goal. Miami needs to sure up the O-line, add a CB and probably a FA RB for depth behind Miller. Miami has added a lot of offensive weapons but they still have to put it together and perform. Tannehill needs to progress with more 1st downs & TD's and less interceptions. And Miami is putting a lot of confidence in Lamar Miller being the #1 RB. Lots of things have to come together for all of this to translate into wins. And it has to translate into wins to count.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TrojanMAAAAN and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.