View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Walter Football Updated Mock 4/10 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Walter Football Updated Mock 4/10
Major changes to their mock.

They have the Jags selecting Geno Smith, the Chargers trading up to #6 to draft Lane Johnson, the Bills selecting Tavon Austin at #8, Dee Milliner dropping to Tenn at #10 and Xavier Rhodes going to Cleveland at #11.

That leaves the Dolphins drafting D.J. Fluker at #12 *waits for swerve to blow a gasket*.

In round 2, they have us selecting Robert Alford, CB from Southeastern Louisiana and Kawann Short, DT from Purdue.

In round 3, they have us taking Giovani Bernard, RB from UNC and Stedman Bailey WR from WV.

In Round 4, they have us taking Logan Ryan, CB from Rutgers.

In Round 5, they have us taking AJ Klein, ILB from Iowa State and Brandon Jenkins, DE from FSU.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:40 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Walter Football Updated Mock 4/10
No TE or DE? Ok....

Fluker is an option at 12, despite me not wanting to believe it. Wouldn't be surprised at all with the pick.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The one pick that would ruin my draft weekend, D.J. Fluker

But I don't think there's a chance we want him.
I'd rather take a safety than a oversized right tackle.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

Phins Rock wrote:
No TE or DE? Ok....

Fluker is an option at 12, despite me not wanting to believe it. Wouldn't be surprised at all with the pick.

I guess the DE from FSU is not a DE?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
M
In round 3, they have us taking Giovani Bernard, RB from UNC and Stedman Bailey WR from WV.

They have had Miami drafting Bailey in Rd. 3 almost since Jan. Would rather see a bigger back than Bernard.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
No TE or DE? Ok....

A 5th round pick at that position hardly counts.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 am

Here are the comments by Walter Football.

Quote:
It's no secret that the Dolphins need tackle help in the wake of losing Jake Long. There's heavy speculation that they'll move up for Lane Johnson, but as mentioned, the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero said that the team has questions about the Oklahoma product. Tony Pauline, meanwhile, reported that the Dolphins love D.J. Fluker and would consider him at No. 12.

Fluker, who is not a good scheme fit for Miami, would definitely be a reach at this juncture, but you can't put it past Jeff Ireland to pull a move like this. Ireland has irresponsibly overpaid so many overrated players this offseason. He's on tilt, as his transactions have lacked all logic.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
No TE or DE? Ok....

A 5th round pick at that position hardly counts.

Based on what?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:

Based on what?

Based on the fact no talent is found at key positions from round 5-7....duh

Jason Taylor was a 1st rounder, right?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Project86JLL13 wrote:
Based on the fact no talent is found at key positions from round 5-7....duh

Jason Taylor was a 1st rounder, right?
So was Jared Allen.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:35 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Dphins4me wrote:
So was Jared Allen.

Jared Allen....The guy KC drafted to be a long snapp
........what about the best at DE (Cam Wake), what round did he go in?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 am

7 of the top 15 4-3 defensive ends in the NFL according to PFF were drafted in the 4th round or later... or went undrafted.

Cameron Wake being the prime example as he was undrafted.

Greg Hardy was a 6th round pick.

Michael Bennett was undrafted.

Chris Clemons was undrafted.

Israel Idonije, undrafted.

Brian Robison, 4th round pick.

William Hayes, 4th round pick.

And to throw in some top pass rushers...

Elvis Dumervil, 4th round pick.

Jared Allen, 4th round pick.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
He's on tilt, as his transactions have lacked all logic.[/b]
[/quote]

So...upgrading a position that was a huge need for us "lacked all logic"? Grabbing a top-flight CB in free agency "lacked all logic"? Grabbing a very talented TE in a league where the position has become almost as important as WR "lacked all logic"?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Did we overpay for the guys that we brought in? Yeah, probably. But do the "lack all logic"? Absolutely not. Ireland has done a lot in this off-season to redeem himself in my eyes (and the eyes of a lot of fans). He is not "on tilt".

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am
Profile WWW

cspooner13 wrote:
So...upgrading a position that was a huge need for us "lacked all logic"? Grabbing a top-flight CB in free agency "lacked all logic"? Grabbing a very talented TE in a league where the position has become almost as important as WR "lacked all logic"?

Did we overpay for the guys that we brought in? Yeah, probably. But do the "lack all logic"? Absolutely not. Ireland has done a lot in this off-season to redeem himself in my eyes (and the eyes of a lot of fans). He is not "on tilt".

You would have thought by reading what Walter Football said that the Dolphins signed 3 kickers, 4 centers and 5 point guards in free agency.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 am

Sorry I didn't realize the expectation for 5th round picks were to be impact players....

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IMO most of this will not happen. I obviously have no evidence, just a hunch that you will see a different pick approach with the exception of maybe Alford.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Sorry I didn't realize the expectation for 5th round picks were to be impact players....

Way to change the goal posts...

You said picking a DE in the 5 round hardly counts.

Well there is plenty of evidence that at that position you can find good players later in the draft or in our case, not even drafted.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If I am in the GM seat & IF the trade value (AND money contract was doable) for Branden Albert was a 3rd or 4th (Next year's pick IF you can swing that or even conditional next year) I would snag him on draft day to solve the LT issue. I would then draft a play maker like Eifert with pick #12 OR even trade out and get him a few spots later. Then address the best available scheme fit corner back & pass rushing/offensive line need with the 2nd round picks and third round picks.

With another one of the 3rd's as a potential other option is snag Terrence Williams of Baylor as IF rumor prevails and he falls that far he would be a very good value OR if that doesn't work, consider going after slot receivers Swopes -A & M or Sam McGuffie of Rice with the 4th/5th round spot all potentially contingent with the rumor swirling around getting rid of Bess. The rest of the picks I would shoot for value at both sides of the line/safety and special teamers. Perhaps a kicker too late.

The only one I struggle to mix in earlier for a key pick would be safety. Overall, Miami needs to add offensive lineman, defensive lineman, TE, CB, Safety, possibly kicker.

Just curious to other's opinion to my above? Someone else can probably do a better job at identifying corners, lineman & safety that would fit my thoughts.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Way to change the goal posts...

You said picking a DE in the 5 round hardly counts.

Well there is plenty of evidence that at that position you can find good players later in the draft or in our case, not even drafted.

I didn't change the subject. You can say that about any position.

But most 5th round picks don't pan out. Those aren't premium picks where you expect impact players.

A 5th round pick is depth at best most of the time. I'd hope they attack DE much earlier than that.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Here are the comments by Walter Football.

Quote:
It's no secret that the Dolphins need tackle help in the wake of losing Jake Long. There's heavy speculation that they'll move up for Lane Johnson, but as mentioned, the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero said that the team has questions about the Oklahoma product. Tony Pauline, meanwhile, reported that the Dolphins love D.J. Fluker and would consider him at No. 12.

Fluker, who is not a good scheme fit for Miami, would definitely be a reach at this juncture, but you can't put it past Jeff Ireland to pull a move like this. Ireland has irresponsibly overpaid so many overrated players this offseason. He's on tilt, as his transactions have lacked all logic.

This disqualifies his mock. What an idiot. Getting very tired of people pretending to be experts but not even attempting to do a little homework on the moves made and why they were made.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
This disqualifies his mock. What an idiot. Getting very tired of people pretending to be experts but not even attempting to do a little homework on the moves made and why they were made.

I have to agree with you. Showing a blatant lack of understanding of the FA period means it's impossible to take this guys mock seriously.

How do people so stupid get paid jobs in this area? Do we have to dumb down in order to have a chance?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:

You would have thought by reading what Walter Football said that the Dolphins signed 3 kickers, 4 centers and 5 point guards in free agency.

Don't forget the 3 long snappers at $5m per

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:11 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Rich wrote:
Major changes to their mock.

They have the Jags selecting Geno Smith, the Chargers trading up to #6 to draft Lane Johnson, the Bills selecting Tavon Austin at #8, Dee Milliner dropping to Tenn at #10 and Xavier Rhodes going to Cleveland at #11.

That leaves the Dolphins drafting D.J. Fluker at #12 *waits for swerve to blow a gasket*.

In round 2, they have us selecting Robert Alford, CB from Southeastern Louisiana and Kawann Short, DT from Purdue.

In Round 4, they have us taking Logan Ryan, CB from Rutgers.

In Round 5, they have us taking AJ Klein, ILB from Iowa State and Brandon Jenkins, DE from FSU.

Fluker does not fit what Miami wants in a zone blocking OT. He would have been a perfect fit for the old regime in regards to a power pig.

To me, that is high for Alford and I don't think the Dolphins will take a DT that high, but you never know. Jamar Taylor of Boise State and D.J Hayden of Houston are kids I like in the 2nd round. Bleidi-Wrah Wilson, the CB for UConn is another CB I like in the 2nd round.

The Dolphins had Bernard in for a visit I believe, so there could be interest there. I know they had Andre Ellington in as well.

Logan Ryan is a good CB, and to get him in the 4th round would be solid. Brandon McGee is a guy I have the Dolphins looking at in the 4th round.

Of course WalterFootball had to take their cheap shot at the end.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

But most 5th round picks don't pan out.

Neither do a large number of players chosen #1 overall

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

for all you so call general managers, let see your drafting skills and go to this website http://www.first-pick.com, it allows you to do a draft with all kind of crazy trades.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
jammer wrote:

I have to agree with you. Showing a blatant lack of understanding of the FA period means it's impossible to take this guys mock seriously.

How do people so stupid get paid jobs in this area? Do we have to dumb down in order to have a chance?

all this guy did was see that our biggest need is offensive tackle and just gave us the next available tackle, even though he is not a zone blocking fit and is a major reach at 12.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
degs wrote:
jammer wrote:

all this guy did was see that our biggest need is offensive tackle and just gave us the next available tackle, even though he is not a zone blocking fit and is a major reach at 12.

Sad part is that they even commented that he isn't a good fit, yet still assigned him to the pick.

Credibility is lacking.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

True Degs, these Mock sites just get lazy. As long as they get the hits they don't care about accuracy.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:00 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
True Degs, these Mock sites just get lazy. As long as they get the hits they don't care about accuracy.

Which I find particularly frustrating, because I'm here barely getting any hits and I'm at least TRYING to be accurate and informative

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Which I find particularly frustrating, because I'm here barely getting any hits and I'm at least TRYING to be accurate and informative

LOL. Keep on truckin spoonman!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

All I can do man! I appreciate the views! (I assume, I don't know anyone else in PA)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I did check out your site. Very nice man. I will be sure to make more visits.
Did you go to school for Journalism?

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
I did check out your site. Very nice man. I will be sure to make more visits.
Did you go to school for Journalism?

In the interest of full disclosure: No, I didn't. I went to college right out of high school because I thought that's what you were supposed to do, partied too much and got myself kicked out. Then I took some time off to work on some personal issues and figure out what I want to do with my life (turns out it's this, talk about football...should have been pretty obvious. But hey, you live you learn), and now I'm looking to get myself back and actually make it happen.

The blog is mostly to get my name out there and actually have some writings that I can produce should I ever actually do anything with my ambitions. Oh, and so I don't have to annoy my fiancee' with my sports ramblings :grin:

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

LOL, that's cool man. I went through pretty much the same thing, got good grades in high school but had no idea how to handle college and the girls and the partying got out of hand. Had to come out for awhile before going back. Like you said, live and learn, But You're an interesting writer. Keep it up!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Walter Football has updated their mock. They now have the Dolphins trading up to #6, giving up the 12th and 54th pick in the process, and grabbing Lane Johnson.

The more this gets reported, the less likely it becomes.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Rich wrote:
Walter Football has updated their mock. They now have the Dolphins trading up to #6, giving up the 12th and 54th pick in the process, and grabbing Lane Johnson.

How do you figure?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

so now they're stealing my idea? LOL

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

How do you figure?

Because draft speculation on trades typically tends to not pan out (QB scenarios not included).

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

How do you figure?

Because draft speculation on trades typically tends to not pan out (QB scenarios not included).

I guess. But then you also have the strong rumors of Miami and SD trading picks in 2010, which came to fruition.

I still don't see them moving up. But at this point, as upset as I'd be, I guess I wouldn't be shocked.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
I guess. But then you also have the strong rumors of Miami and SD trading picks in 2010, which came to fruition.

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next