View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Recklessly desperate" Ireland 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: "Recklessly desperate" Ireland
FINesse wrote:
its a win now league & all these moves say that. Had we not sucked for so long these moves would not be necessary nor would all that cap space be available. So much for being so close while having a losing record. At least management finally realized that even if the disillusion fans refused to.

The reason for so much change is that Philbin's system requires very different types of players than Sparano's system. All of the change couldn't be completed before the start of last season.

I guess it is sort of a rebuild, but rebuilding shouldn't take years. Many teams have been able to turn around very fast. We have seen other teams do it while the Dolphins were relatively stagnant.

I don't see anything wrong with expecting to do well. If you don't think you can accomplish something, then you probably won't.

Even though Ireland has been here a while, its essentially a new regime with Philbin. I believe his system is far superior to Sparano. I don't think this current regime should be based on the poor performance achieved under Sparano's system. Ireland shopped for the groceries, but Sparano didn't know how to cook. Philbin is making an entirely different meal, and he DOES know how to cook.

Irelands new shopping list looks much better as well!

GO DOLPHINS!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am cautiously optimistic going into the draft. Two of the free agents Ireland signed are coming off major injuries from last season. Hopefully Brent Grimes and Lance Louis will make complete recoveries and be able to play at close to 100%. And Dustin Keller missed most of last season due to injury. I like the moves Ireland has made and truthfully he has already done more in free agency than I expected. If he can put a great draft together and the free agents have success Miami should field a team with more talent than we have seen in a long time.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:15 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Ireland is tanking our franchise. He is the worse GM ever ever ever. I can't believe this!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
its a win now league & all these moves say that.

There was no massively urgent need to revamp the LB corps in 2013. The move was more intended for longer term improvement. For 2013 it introduces a significant chunk of risk.

Those moves signify a longer term vision. Not someone who needs to start 3-0 or will get fired as a few have prognosticated.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Degs , I see what you are saying but if this team starts 0'fer any significant amount there will be rumblings. if we end at something like 5-11 which i do not think is possible , Ireland will probably be shown the door.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Degs , I see what you are saying but if this team starts 0'fer any significant amount there will be rumblings. if we end at something like 5-11 which i do not think is possible , Ireland will probably be shown the door.

If we end at 5-11, yes someone will have to be the fall guy...deservedly or not.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2