View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 PFW: Fins likely to try to trade Tyler Thigpen but .... 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post PFW: Fins likely to try to trade Tyler Thigpen but ....
PFW wrote:
Sources don't expect the Dolphins to head into the regular season with four quarterbacks on the roster, and with Chad Henne firmly entrenched as the starter, Tyler Thigpen, Chad Pennington and Pat White are the candidates to be moved. It's been said that Thigpen is the signalcaller most likely to be traded, and we're told Miami would like to move him before the draft. However, teams in need of a backup could wait until closer to training camp to make a swap to fill that hole, and there's a good chance the Dolphins will have to wait a bit longer to find a suitor for Thigpen.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/0 ... nsive-pick

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: PFW: Fins likely to try to trade Tyler Thigpen but ....
I don't buy it. Just like I don't buy JT going to the Jets or Smiley getting dealt.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:31 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

No comment. Just stupid.

My 3 QB's: Henne, Thigpen , Penny.

Why would Pat White deserve to stay? because he might be good at who knows what?

Nah sorry... if at least he would be trying to show his skills in another position then I would consider... but him as a dropback QB is just not gonna happen.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: PFW: Fins likely to try to trade Tyler Thigpen but ....
Yeah with Whites qb skills still up in the air cant c us trading Thigpen away unless it is for something we really now that we might not get in the draft

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:34 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Devil's Advocate here:
Tyler has the most value in a trade outside of Henne (who obviously is going nowhere). Penny is our backup and White is (well should be a our Wildcat qb) what he is. I think they COULD possibly land a 2nd or 3rd for Thigpen. From that standpoint, you probably move the guy if your going to trade someone.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Devil's Advocate here:
Tyler has the most value in a trade outside of Henne (who obviously is going nowhere). Penny is our backup and White is (well should be a our Wildcat qb) what he is. I think they COULD possibly land a 2nd or 3rd for Thigpen. From that standpoint, you probably move the guy if your going to trade someone.

The only guy willing to trade a 2nd (or 3rd for that matter) for a career backup like Thigpen is Rick Spielman, and he already did his teamly duty of doing just that with Sage Rosenfels.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Phin wrote:
Devil's Advocate here:

The only guy willing to trade a 2nd (or 3rd for that matter) for a career backup like Thigpen is Rick Spielman, and he already did his teamly duty of doing just that with Sage Rosenfels.

:) :yay: good one lol

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

mcnabb brought in a second rounder this year, and either a third or fourth next year...sooo im thinking thigpen could get us a 4th MAYBE, more like a 5th.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phin wrote:
Devil's Advocate here:

:) :yay: good one lol

+1 ,how can the guy be worth a 2nd or a 3rd ,after we gave up a 5th for him

and after his play of last year 4 of 8 83yards 1td and 2 ints

for me we would be lucky to get back what we gave for him

the resigning of penn has put the cat amongst the basket for our 4 qbs

according to pat whites twitter page he wont be playing qb next year
so we may have the 3 qbs set?????????????

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

moley wrote:

Interesting...

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 am
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

IamPZ wrote:
moley wrote:

Interesting...

He never said that.

He did say that he would rather go back to baseball than play WR though. Lol.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
moley wrote:

Interesting...

He never said that.

He did say that he would rather go back to baseball than play WR though. Lol.

:war: Well batter up........lol

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'd trade PENNINGTON as soon as I could after his rehab--hopefully successful. He would have the most value, if his rehab is successful. And later on, SOMEONE will either determine that there's a need for a solid back-up QB, or their #1 QB gets injured. At that time, a player-for-player swap might get MIAMI a very solid player.

I wouldn't trade THIGPEN. As a legit NFL QB, he's experienced and apparently can lead a team. And I'm sure everyone remembers that "SIBERIA BOWL" that MIAMI played in KC in '08. In case you've forgotten, THIGPEN carried a really crappy KC "O" on his back, and put up A LOT of points against us, and almost ruined our record-setting "turnaround season". If it weren't for the fact that KC's "D" was at least as crappy as its "O", MIAMI would have LOST! As it was, only a late score saved MIAMI's a$$. On top of that, THIGPEN also possesses ALL of the skills that PIS hopes that WHITE will have SOME DAY. Only with THIGPEN, "some day" is NOW. And THIGPEN's bigger than WHITE, who, i/m/o is a pipsqueak. Nor would THIGPEN have to change his throwing motion.

No, sir! I would NOT trade THIGPEN...UNLESS,...

The only players who are un-tradeable, i/m/o, are HENNE and LONG. So THIGPEN could be moved. But I HOPE that if MIAMI does trade him, they at least get VALUE for him. A 5th won't cut it: nor will a 4th. An upper 1/3 Third Rounder and you're in the proverbial "ballpark", but I'd really want a 2nd. Any lower offer gets a "no thanks". Why should MIAMI give away the benefit of a very good deal it made to get THIGPEN? Do we owe someone a living?

One last thought. THIGPEN's young and healthy, and has ALL of the skills that MIAMI is looking for. PENNINGTON's old, coming off a 3rd major surgery of his right shoulder, and his lack of velocity and mediocre deep ball is like a millstone around the neck of MIAMI's "O". Anytime MIAMI has PENNINGTON in there, "8 in the Box" can't be far behind.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Trading Thigpen and keeping Pat White would be utter madness. It would be proof positive our front office doesn't have a shred of common sense. Pennington is old and has a noodle arm....he is a mentor and that is about it. Pat White was awful as a rookie and showed absolutely not a single reason to keep him on our team as a QB.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:38 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'd trade Pennington then White. In that order. I think Pennington brings a lot of value to a team who might have a young QB who would need to learn the ropes. I think the Rams, Lions, and Bucs could use Pennington because he is a very good teacher of the game. To those teams he would be invaluable.

Wouldn't trade Thigpen because he brings another dimension that Pat White can't. Thigpen can actually throw the ball. Although not blazing fast, he has shown that he can run the ball. Just thinking out loud but, Thigpen in the Wildcat may actually be a good thing.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]