All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5635
Location: Houston, Texas
Okay, I am obviously looking for something to talk about during this wait til the draft period, but knowing where we are at today if you had YOUR choice given the roster today, tell me your first round pick and why? If you want to add a back up pick to your first preference do that too.

Mine is still Tyler Eifert. I believe Miami needs a tall red zone threat at tight end and someone that is a capable blocker and he gives Miami both. He is a strong bet to be a day one starter and further improve the offense and yet another Tannehill weapon. The two tight end threat would be awesome with him and Keller.

My second choice would be Lane Johnson from Oklahoma for the left tackle spot, mean, strong & nasty (Not Incognito Nasty either, just tough dude).

I don't believe Jonathan Martin is the answer at all ( at least that is how I feel) much better suited for the right side even with the grading he got while filling in at left tackle. I personally think he needs to get much stronger.

The Brandon Alberts idea? Well, if you KNEW his back would be healthy it would be worth a second or third to get him as he would be a day one starter.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Finhead34 wrote:
Okay, I am obviously looking for something to talk about during this wait til the draft period, but knowing where we are at today if you had YOUR choice given the roster today, tell me your first round pick and why? If you want to add a back up pick to your first preference do that too.

Mine is still Tyler Eifert. I believe Miami needs a tall red zone threat at tight end and someone that is a capable blocker and he gives Miami both. He is a strong bet to be a day one starter and further improve the offense and yet another Tannehill weapon. The two tight end threat would be awesome with him and Keller.

My second choice would be Lane Johnson from Oklahoma for the left tackle spot, mean, strong & nasty (Not Incognito Nasty either, just tough dude).

I don't believe Jonathan Martin is the answer at all ( at least that is how I feel) much better suited for the right side even with the grading he got while filling in at left tackle. I personally think he needs to get much stronger.

The Brandon Alberts idea? Well, if you KNEW his back would be healthy it would be worth a second or third to get him as he would be a day one starter.


Even with the questions about his health, my dream scenario is that we make the trade for Albert, sign Brent Grimes, then hopefully someone like Jarvis Jones or Bjoern Werner slip to us at 12 and we pick up our pass rusher. Later on in the draft, grab another CB (in the 3rd or 4th), one or two more linemen, and filler.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: MA
With the roster as is today I'd have to go with Lane Johnson hoping he can be an effective left tackle. Miami has invested a lot in Tannehill and his weapons so you have to protect that investment. However Fin, I do like your thought process with Eifert. I'm not so sure Keller is here for the long haul and TE is a tough position to develop. Getting Eifert in here and letting him take a back seat to Keller in his rookie year could be a wise move.

My gut tells me the pick will end up being Jonathan Cooper as he is a good zone scheme fit and the pulling guard Miami has been lacking. He might also be the BPA at 12.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:12 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
They'll deal Bess and grab Tavon Austin.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5635
Location: Houston, Texas
Tavon Austin I personally like too. If you listen to Omar Kelly, he thinks Austin will have a rude awakening in the NFL and that coverages won't always allow him to mismatch against linebackers as he has gotten away with throughout college and the corners and nickel slots of the NFL will slow him down. I say the opposite, he is like DeSean Jackson only probably maybe side to side super quick along with the down field speed Jackson possess.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: MA
Phins Rock wrote:
They'll deal Bess and grab Tavon Austin.


What do you think Miami gets for Bess?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
jammer wrote:
With the roster as is today I'd have to go with Lane Johnson hoping he can be an effective left tackle. Miami has invested a lot in Tannehill and his weapons so you have to protect that investment. However Fin, I do like your thought process with Eifert. I'm not so sure Keller is here for the long haul and TE is a tough position to develop. Getting Eifert in here and letting him take a back seat to Keller in his rookie year could be a wise move.

My gut tells me the pick will end up being Jonathan Cooper as he is a good zone scheme fit and the pulling guard Miami has been lacking. He might also be the BPA at 12.


I think that, assuming Keller has recovered fully from his injuries and performs for us, he'll be around for more than the one year contract that we gave him. I'm sure they're re-up with him if he's productive.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
cspooner13 wrote:
I think that, assuming Keller has recovered fully from his injuries and performs for us, he'll be around for more than the one year contract that we gave him. I'm sure they're re-up with him if he's productive.


Depends upon the price. If he outperforms, he will want more money. Which is why I'm surpised they only gave him a 1 year deal.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
degs wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
I think that, assuming Keller has recovered fully from his injuries and performs for us, he'll be around for more than the one year contract that we gave him. I'm sure they're re-up with him if he's productive.


Depends upon the price. If he outperforms, he will want more money. Which is why I'm surpised they only gave him a 1 year deal.


True, but I expect they'll make it work if he's the player he can be

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:46 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
They'll deal Bess and grab Tavon Austin.


What do you think Miami gets for Bess?


A conditional pick in 2014. Maybe a 3rd/4th.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
They'll deal Bess and grab Tavon Austin.


What do you think Miami gets for Bess?


A conditional pick in 2014. Maybe a 3rd/4th.


I'd guess a late round pick in this year's draft, probably 6th. But that's just my guess

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 5308
Location: MA.
No way do i want an offensive lineman in round 1

NO NO NO!

We need a passrusher or corner on defense or playmaker on offense...


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
Kev1321 wrote:
No way do i want an offensive lineman in round 1

NO NO NO!

We need a passrusher or corner on defense or playmaker on offense...


We need an OLineman more than a pass rusher, IMO


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:02 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: MA
degs wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
I think that, assuming Keller has recovered fully from his injuries and performs for us, he'll be around for more than the one year contract that we gave him. I'm sure they're re-up with him if he's productive.


Depends upon the price. If he outperforms, he will want more money. Which is why I'm surpised they only gave him a 1 year deal.


According to Keller Miami gave him a multi year offer and a one year offer. He chose the one year offer in hopes of getting a larger multi year deal next offseason. This is why I'm not sure he is part of the long term plan and its not because Miami doesn't want him, its that he might cash in elsewhere.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:54 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
I would love to see Tavon Austin be the pick here.

He's the most explosive player in this draft, bar none, and we haven't had a guy like that in awhile... maybe since Ricky first came here. Bush was explosive but wasn't utilized enough in the passing game.

If they're willing to use Tavon everywhere, like in college, or like Minnesota did with Percy... we can't lose on that pick.

The actual pick, I think, will be Xavier Rhodes.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 5308
Location: MA.
degs wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
No way do i want an offensive lineman in round 1

NO NO NO!

We need a passrusher or corner on defense or playmaker on offense...


We need an OLineman more than a pass rusher, IMO



Sign a Winston and draft a 2nd or even better 3rd round guy...i just don't think the line is that desperate

All the new weapons improved qb are going to help the line and another year of developement in this system.....The line is still young and getting better.


There is going to be too much talent on the board at 12 to take an olineman...It would be like taking Jake Long number 1 all over again


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8789
Location: MA
IamPZ wrote:
I would love to see Tavon Austin be the pick here.

He's the most explosive player in this draft, bar none, and we haven't had a guy like that in awhile... maybe since Ricky first came here. Bush was explosive but wasn't utilized enough in the passing game.

If they're willing to use Tavon everywhere, like in college, or like Minnesota did with Percy... we can't lose on that pick.

The actual pick, I think, will be Xavier Rhodes.


I see some people saying Trufant is a better scheme fit so he should be the pick and others saying that is dumb logic and you take the better talent in Rhodes. I honestly don't know enough about either guy to give an opinion.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25407
Location: Miami, FL
The measurables are comparable.

Trufant ran a 4.38, Rhodes a 4.41. So speed is not a concern.

Rhodes has a better vertical, but both are good at going up for the ball.

Size is not a concern either as both are at or over 6 feet tall.

What does appear to be a concern for both is the ability to tackle in the run game and maintain the sideline on outside runs.

The big difference is that Rhodes is more of a press man corner, while Trufant is a better fit in a zone scheme. Also, Rhodes is more of a boundary corner while Trufant can play the boundary and the slot. Trufant is very quick in smaller spaces and can keep up with speed receivers, while Rhodes is a little less consistent at that. But Rhodes plays a more physical game while Trufant prefers to back up a little more.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
I'd like either Austin or Corradelle Patterson. With either one of them and Wallace, Keller, Lamar we will have some serious speed on offense.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
Trufant is a more fluid corner than Rhodes, he can flip his hips and keep his hand in the pocket of a receiver.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
I'm still hoping we sign Winston and a pass rusher like Umenyora, Freeney, or Abraham to a short deal. Then load up on defensive backs and offensive line depth in the draft.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25407
Location: Miami, FL
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm still hoping we sign Winston and a pass rusher like Umenyora, Freeney, or Abraham to a short deal. Then load up on defensive backs and offensive line depth in the draft.


The Dolphins do not consider Abraham a fit and are not interested in him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm still hoping we sign Winston and a pass rusher like Umenyora, Freeney, or Abraham to a short deal. Then load up on defensive backs and offensive line depth in the draft.


The Dolphins do not consider Abraham a fit and are not interested in him.


Fair enough, then it would be down to Umenyora and Freeney, or likely Freeney if reports that Umenyora is leaning towards signing with Atlanta are true.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm still hoping we sign Winston and a pass rusher like Umenyora, Freeney, or Abraham to a short deal. Then load up on defensive backs and offensive line depth in the draft.


The Dolphins do not consider Abraham a fit and are not interested in him.


Fair enough, then it would be down to Umenyora and Freeney, or likely Freeney if reports that Umenyora is leaning towards signing with Atlanta are true.


I'm pretty sure that the Umenyioura deal is official, but I could be wrong about that. I'd rather see us draft a pass rusher than to bring in a Freeney.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: Charlotte, NC
IamPZ wrote:
I would love to see Tavon Austin be the pick here.

He's the most explosive player in this draft, bar none, and we haven't had a guy like that in awhile... maybe since Ricky first came here. Bush was explosive but wasn't utilized enough in the passing game.

If they're willing to use Tavon everywhere, like in college, or like Minnesota did with Percy... we can't lose on that pick.

The actual pick, I think, will be Xavier Rhodes.


If we don't move up to get Lane Johnson, then Rhodes seems to be the logical pick at 12. I realize there's been talk about his effectiveness in zone, but I'll pass this off to Ireland trying not to tip his hand prior to the draft.

Austin is a dynamic player, but you have to design plays to fit his skill set. Considering the Phins really didn't do this with Bush, I got to think they're targetting players that best fit their scheme.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Could they can trade down, acquire another pick, and still draft CB Desmond Trufant later in the first round?

He fits the Dolphins type of coverage, and I think CB is the top priority right now, unless you want Nolan Carroll starting.

If not, then maybe OT Lane Johnson. I think the OL is the next highest priority after CB, way ahead of WR or DL.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Desmond Trufant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPhlW8srI8

They have a lot to say about how talented he is, and we they start listing his qualities, they mention first he is a high-character guy. That is what Philbin likes.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Going off of the roster right now, I'd say the pick would be Lane Johnson (OT Oklahoma). If we're able to sign Eric Winston, then the pick would be Xavier Rhodes (CB FSU). If we are able to sign Eric Winston and Brent Grimes, then the pick would be Jonathan Cooper (OG North Carolina) or Xavier Rhodes (CB FSU). If we sign Winston and Grimes, and Bess is dealt on draft day, then the pick becomes Xavier Rhodes, Jonathan Cooper, Bjoern Werner (DE FSU), Kenny Vacarro (FS Texas), or Coradell Patterson (WR Tennessee), in that order.

So in my opinion our options are Johnson, Rhodes, Cooper, Werner, Vacarro, and Patterson. Obviously if Joeckel, Milliner, Jordan, Warmack, etc. were to fall then they would be in play as well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
There is no way that Joeckel falls all the way to us at 12. If he's who we want, we're going to have to trade up to get him

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
Kev1321 wrote:
There is going to be too much talent on the board at 12 to take an olineman...It would be like taking Jake Long number 1 all over again


General consensus is that at least 3 OL will be taken before #12.
Your logic doesn't hold.

Personally I do not see how we can take anything but a CB right now. We are far too desperate at the position. This gaping hole is the only part of what Ireland has done this offseason that I do not like.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
anyone who thinks any of the top 3 tackles will be there when we pick is dreaming. They could all be gone by 7. And definitely gone by 10.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:53 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
swerve13 wrote:
anyone who thinks any of the top 3 tackles will be there when we pick is dreaming. They could all be gone by 7. And definitely gone by 10.


If by top 3 you mean Joeckel, Fisher, and Lane Johnson then I think there is a chance that Lane slips out of the top ten. The other two aren't, but Johnson could.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 80
Location: South Miami Heights
Draft Austin.
Don't trade Bess. More Weapons will give the offense more opportunities to connect on big plays.

If another team trades up for Austin go after CB Rhodes or CB Trufant

_________________
"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Twitter: @ToneOzMIA


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
rodneyfaile wrote:
Desmond Trufant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lPhlW8srI8

They have a lot to say about how talented he is, and we they start listing his qualities, they mention first he is a high-character guy. That is what Philbin likes.



Xavier Rhodes

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000152821/First-Draft-Xavier-Rhodes

Very talented and athletic. Seems like a great guy. I just don't think he will fit the zone coverage system any better than Sean Smith did.

I still prefer Desmond Trufant.

I'm no draft guru. Would it be possible to trade BACK, still get Trufant later in the first and acquire an additional pick in the process?

Instead of getting Lane Johnson early, they could pick up another OT like DJ Fluker later.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6691
ToneOz wrote:
Draft Austin.
Don't trade Bess. More Weapons will give the offense more opportunities to connect on big plays.

If another team trades up for Austin go after CB Rhodes or CB Trufant

Not saying it will not happen, since it is the NFL draft & one never knows what a team is thinking. I do not see Austin going that high in the draft considering his size.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 80
Location: South Miami Heights
Dphins4me wrote:
ToneOz wrote:
Draft Austin.
Don't trade Bess. More Weapons will give the offense more opportunities to connect on big plays.

If another team trades up for Austin go after CB Rhodes or CB Trufant

Not saying it will not happen, since it is the NFL draft & one never knows what a team is thinking. I do not see Austin going that high in the draft considering his size.


Going 12th overall or anywhere ahead of 12th?

Certain athletes contain skill sets that disregards the common measurements ranking in NFL. I hope Austin is that specimen.

_________________
"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Twitter: @ToneOzMIA


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6691
ToneOz wrote:
Going 12th overall or anywhere ahead of 12th?

Certain athletes contain skill sets that disregards the common measurements ranking in NFL. I hope Austin is that specimen.

I see a team going after Austin in the 20-32 range. I think teams will see a 5'8" 175 Lb slot Wr and not believe he is worth such a high pick. Percy Harvin did not get picked until 22 is what I'm basing this off of.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5635
Location: Houston, Texas
Tyler Eifert still might be in the equation at the 12th pick, so I wouldn't leave him off the list.

I personally don't believe drafting Eifert or Austin earlier at the 12th pick is not a waste if the intention is day one starter material. With the rookie contracts much more favorable these days, you can afford to do that plus in reality if they draft a guy that will be productive right away from a need position, to me it is worth drafting whichever guy that is etc.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6691
Finhead34 wrote:
Tyler Eifert still might be in the equation at the 12th pick, so I wouldn't leave him off the list.

I personally don't believe drafting Eifert or Austin earlier at the 12th pick is not a waste if the intention is day one starter material. With the rookie contracts much more favorable these days, you can afford to do that plus in reality if they draft a guy that will be productive right away from a need position, to me it is worth drafting whichever guy that is etc.

I believe the Keller signing is for Egnew's development. If he develops then he will be the 2014 starting TE & Keller walks. If he doesn't then they can re-up Keller or sign or draft a new TE for 2014.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5635
Location: Houston, Texas
I can see the strategy for the Egnew development for sure, but on the other hand, you get a chance at a blue chip day one red zone threat with a guy like Eifert, I just think he is still on the Dolphin's mind to draft at number 12th. This is a two tight end league and again, my opinion, but I think Eifert is that good and would be an impact for Miami's offense from day one.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r