View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Dolphins visiting my boy Vaccaro 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins visiting my boy Vaccaro
Quote:
Texas S Kenny Vaccaro is scheduled to visit the Dolphins at an undisclosed time.
This will count as one of the Dolphins' official visits. The team is locked in with Reshad Jones as one safety, but they might be looking to upgrade on Chris Clemons. The alternative is that the Dolphins staff is looking to get ahead of the curve and find talent for a 4-2-5 defensive scheme, since Vaccaro is very good at matching up against slot receivers.

-Rotoworld

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Dolphins visiting my boy Vaccaro
I figured we will load up on DB's again, however I would prefer Rhodes at 12 if we go that route

Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

10acjed wrote:
I figured we will load up on DB's again, however I would prefer Rhodes at 12 if we go that route

Miami is bringing Rhodes in as well.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
Texas S Kenny Vaccaro is scheduled to visit the Dolphins at an undisclosed time.
This will count as one of the Dolphins' official visits. The team is locked in with Reshad Jones as one safety, but they might be looking to upgrade on Chris Clemons. The alternative is that the Dolphins staff is looking to get ahead of the curve and find talent for a 4-2-5 defensive scheme, since Vaccaro is very good at matching up against slot receivers.

-Rotoworld

I've been saying for years that more teams should run a 4-2-5 scheme. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Miami is bringing Rhodes in as well.

Both players would be an upgrade.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm hoping we take Xavier Rhodes in the 1st, Johnthan Banks in the 2nd, and Bacarri Rambo or David Amerson in the 3rd. If the Honey Badger falls far enough in the draft (5th round or later), I hope we look at him as well.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm hoping we take Xavier Rhodes in the 1st, Johnthan Banks in the 2nd, and Bacarri Rambo or David Amerson in the 3rd. If the Honey Badger falls far enough in the draft (5th round or later), I hope we look at him as well.

Jonathon Cyprien better be on everybodys radar hes 6'1 230 and can run big time at FIU at safety and trust if you are a big time prospect out of FIU getting drafted in the 2nd he is a beast remember TY

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ag_fin_90 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Jonathon Cyprien better be on everybodys radar hes 6'1 230 and can run big time at FIU at safety and trust if you are a big time prospect out of FIU getting drafted in the 2nd he is a beast remember TY

Isn't 230 lbs a little big for a FS? Wouldn't he be a little better suited for the SS position at that size?

I personally like the idea of drafting someone like David Amerson in the 3rd round and converting him to a FS. I think he has the perfect size and ball skills to play FS. Clemons could start the season and when the kid is ready to go he replaces Clemons.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Grade

6'0" Height
31 3/4" Arm Length
217LBS. Weight
10 1/4" Hands

Analysis
Strengths
Looks and plays like a strong in-the-box safety with solid thickness throughout his build. Holds his ground against blocks from bigger opponents, and also runs through traffic to wrap up ballcarriers inside (sometimes as a fast edge blitzer). Possesses enough speed and athleticism to cover ground as a zone defender in the back half and line up against slot receivers inside. Closes on stretch runs and quick throws to outside receivers even when playing well back from the line. Beats receiver blocks with quickness or strength. His secure tackling in those situations is also notable, as he brings some attitude into his attempts unlike other defensive backs in this class. Used as a blitzer on run and pass plays, can overpower running back blocks.
Weaknesses
Doesn’t have elite range or the height/length combination to play as a single-deep safety. Quick enough to make a hit after the catch when deep, but is often a step slow to recognize the pass coming into his area. Aggressive in coverage, he can be sucked up by play action and will jump underneath routes, allowing plays over the top. Lacks elite change of direction and quickness in man coverage, and does not recover like a corner if beaten by a quick move off the line or in space.
NFL Comparison
Jordan Babineaux
Bottom Line
One of the hardest-hitting safeties in the 2013 draft class, Cyprien offers enough range to be reliable in box coverage while displaying an aggressive mentality againt ball carriers and receivers. He plays smart, and that might be the most improtant trait when looking at safeties. However, despite it being unique, Cyprien doesn't have a very well known name ... yet.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539223

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Grade

6'0" Height
31 3/4" Arm Length
217LBS. Weight
10 1/4" Hands

Analysis
Strengths
Looks and plays like a strong in-the-box safety with solid thickness throughout his build. Holds his ground against blocks from bigger opponents, and also runs through traffic to wrap up ballcarriers inside (sometimes as a fast edge blitzer). Possesses enough speed and athleticism to cover ground as a zone defender in the back half and line up against slot receivers inside. Closes on stretch runs and quick throws to outside receivers even when playing well back from the line. Beats receiver blocks with quickness or strength. His secure tackling in those situations is also notable, as he brings some attitude into his attempts unlike other defensive backs in this class. Used as a blitzer on run and pass plays, can overpower running back blocks.
Weaknesses
Doesn’t have elite range or the height/length combination to play as a single-deep safety. Quick enough to make a hit after the catch when deep, but is often a step slow to recognize the pass coming into his area. Aggressive in coverage, he can be sucked up by play action and will jump underneath routes, allowing plays over the top. Lacks elite change of direction and quickness in man coverage, and does not recover like a corner if beaten by a quick move off the line or in space.
NFL Comparison
Jordan Babineaux
Bottom Line
One of the hardest-hitting safeties in the 2013 draft class, Cyprien offers enough range to be reliable in box coverage while displaying an aggressive mentality againt ball carriers and receivers. He plays smart, and that might be the most improtant trait when looking at safeties. However, despite it being unique, Cyprien doesn't have a very well known name ... yet.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539223

We've already got a guy that can hit, but can't cover. His name is Jimmy Wilson.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:

Am I the only one not sold on Tyrann Mathieu? A large majority of the "mock drafts" I've seen from fans of pretty much every team have their team taking him in the 3rd to 5th round. I'm just not that high on him, I wouldn't draft him period. If they guy couldn't handle himself in college, when he had everything to lose and didn't have a high paying contract, why should I think he's suddenly got his head on straight now?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

He is awesome, I have him cracking round 1 to either New England or San Fran.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]