View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Final Fantasy 13 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Final Fantasy 13
Anyone else pumped up for this?

I reserved it, comes out March 9th!!

Might take off work just so I can play it all day!!!!!!!

Though, I'd still like to try and beat the arsenal of games I already have / newly got for Xmas.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Post Re: Final Fantasy 13
Wife got me a PS3 for christmas... first thing I did, reserve FF13 LOL!

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Coots wrote:

Now there is a woman that either loves you dearly or doesn't want you near her...

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:43 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Dolfanrar wrote:
Coots wrote:

Now there is a woman that either loves you dearly or doesn't want you near her...

I think it's a mixture of both LOL

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Lmao!!!!

Word Coots, you gonna get FF14 (online version) when it comes out?

Or maybe Final Fantasy Versus 13, which is the same cast as 13, but a different story and it's PS3 exclusive... FF13 is both 360 and PS3

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I've seen several trailers etc for Versus... haven't even looked at 14 to be honest with you.... but I'm sure they'll all make their way home lol

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Yea not much out on 14 yet, if we both get it we'll have to kick some hardcore evil butt together

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:04 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

IamPZ wrote:
Yea not much out on 14 yet, if we both get it we'll have to kick some hardcore evil butt together

I'm in ....

13 isn't turn based is it?

My favorite type of RPG's is the way Final Fantasy X played... run around the worlds, but when it's enemy fight time, it's turn based... that has always appealed to me for some reaosn.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:06 pm

I think it might be Active Turn Based like FF12

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I quit FF with 3 (snes). I still play the original every now and then with wierd parties. Like 4 blackbelts ect.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm looking forward to FF13, but I haven't decided which system I will pick it up for yet. I'm leaning toward the 360 even though having it on 1 BluRay on the PS3 would be nice. If it doesn't get enough support on the 360 though, Square Enix will probably keep spending time on PS3 products instead.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:10 pm

360 always seems to be more laggy for me... I'd like to see my awesome cutscenes on a lag free system :)

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:55 pm

18 days people, 18 days!!!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow, I didn't realize that it was that close. I'm knee deep into Everquest 2 atm.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Tomorrow! :grin:

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 pm

gonna have to get mine tomorrow!

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet, thanks to many different factors. That being said, I'm not very far into it, but I have to say that running around as Vanille is annoying. I can't stand the way that she prances. Hope is annoying.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm only a couple of hours into it at this point though.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Lokki wrote:
I haven't had a whole lot of time to play it yet, thanks to many different factors. That being said, I'm not very far into it, but I have to say that running around as Vanille is annoying. I can't stand the way that she prances. Hope is annoying.

Other than that, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm only a couple of hours into it at this point though.

I agree Hope and Vanille make me want to deck them in the face.

Why is there always a whiney little brat in the party??? Leave him out... i dont wanna hear him... he makes me want to shoot the game.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:32 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I've finally been able to put some time into this game and I'm really enjoying it. Vanille doesn't annoy me as much any more and Hope has calmed down now too. My party pretty much stays as Lightning, Hope, and Fang. I can cover every role with that trio and be effective.

I LOVE the combat system. Paradigm Shifts are a nice addition. I'm kind of torn by how linear the game is up to this point. Part of me hates that it is linear, yet a part of me likes that I can just stay focused on moving forward. I'm in Chapter 11 now though, so it is open now and not linear any more.

I find myself debating on continuing the story line or working on the side quests. I'll probably do a few of the side quests as I come across them and keep progressing the story. I've read that some of the side quests are tough to do unless you beat the story and then revisit them after the credits.

I'm guessing that everyone here has finished it already. I'm MMO free at the moment, so now I have time for it. :grin:

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 pm

I have not come anywhere close to beating it lol... actually you're ahead of me hahahah

I gotta get back into it!

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Guys. I was just selected to Beta test the new Final Fantasy Online. I am currently installing. I'm not allowed to give away any real information. But, I will let you guys know if it's worth getting after I've done some testing!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 am

hypocritex wrote:
Guys. I was just selected to Beta test the new Final Fantasy Online. I am currently installing. I'm not allowed to give away any real information. But, I will let you guys know if it's worth getting after I've done some testing!

Woot let us know!!

I was actually picked for the Medal of Honor Online Multiplayer Beta.

It's not too shabby... a lot like CoD actually.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Woot let us know!!

I was actually picked for the Medal of Honor Online Multiplayer Beta.

It's not too shabby... a lot like CoD actually.

Testing goes live tomorrow. So I will let you know if it's awesome or not.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Cool. I played FFXI online for about 2 months when it was released here, but I just couldn't take it anymore. The interface didn't bug me, but the 7-8 models of mobs did. There was little to no variation in what you fought each day.

I'm kind of burned out on all MMOs at the moment though. However FF14 and Star Wars Old Republic interest me.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

So how is it Hypo? I know that there is a NDA, but you can give a thumbs up or poop on Jets to let us know. :)

Also, I picked up FF13 again last night after not touching it for a month. I had just completed Chapter 10 when I last played it. I did 2 of the side missions, then went on to Chapter 11. Holy crap. Chapter 11 is a giant kick in the teeth. I may have to run around and gain more CP to ramp up my stats/skills in the Crystarium.

My main 3 (Lightning, Hope, & Fang) are all at Role Level 3 on their 3 main roles. I'm working Lightning toward Level 4 in Ravager, Hope to Level 4 in Medic and Fang to RL 4 in Commando. That trio is the best that I have found. You can cover every role with them and have many options with your Paradigms.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:09 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I finished up Chapter 11 last night. That was the longest and hardest chapter so far. There are several tough fights in it. I started Chapter 12, but I'm not very far into it yet. The story has taken an interesting twist. I'm hoping to finish up the game tomorrow, since I will be off. The wife and kids will be gone and I can have time to focus on the game.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I finally beat the game earlier today. I still have some side missions to finish up later, but I wanted to beat the story mode while it was a challenge. If you complete all of the side missions before finishing the story, you'll be insanely powerful and it won't be much of a challenge.

Anyway, the ending cinematic was pretty cool. As expected, they did a good job on it. I won't spoil it though. I'm glad to have finished it though. I've gotten to the end on a few FF games in the past and didn't finish them off for one reason or another.

I'm going to turn my attention to some other games now, then come back to the side missions.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Lokki wrote:
So how is it Hypo? I know that there is a NDA, but you can give a thumbs up or poop on Jets to let us know. :)

Also, I picked up FF13 again last night after not touching it for a month. I had just completed Chapter 10 when I last played it. I did 2 of the side missions, then went on to Chapter 11. Holy crap. Chapter 11 is a giant kick in the teeth. I may have to run around and gain more CP to ramp up my stats/skills in the Crystarium.

My main 3 (Lightning, Hope, & Fang) are all at Role Level 3 on their 3 main roles. I'm working Lightning toward Level 4 in Ravager, Hope to Level 4 in Medic and Fang to RL 4 in Commando. That trio is the best that I have found. You can cover every role with them and have many options with your Paradigms.

I feel like if my computer was TOP of the line and I could handle running it better I would have enjoyed it more. I think the concentrated to much on graphics instead of gameplay. They overshot their mark with this one. A VERY generous 6 out of 10.

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]