View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 OG Brandon Moore visits Miami 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post OG Brandon Moore visits Miami
This is from ProFootballtalk.com.

Brandon Moore heads south (punch line goes here)
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 20, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Brandon Moore AP

The man who was responsible for the funny part of the funniest play of last season may be on the move.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, Jets guard Brandon Moore visited the Dolphins Wednesday.

Moore, of course, put the butt in “Butt-fumble,” as he was the lineman Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez comically fell into against the Patriots.

He’d be the second Jets free agent to join the Dolphins if he signs, as tight end Dustin Keller has already made his way south.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:38 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: OG Brandon Moore visits Miami
He's been one of Pro Football Focus' top 6 rated RG's in football each of the last 5 seasons.

Very solid, extremely consistent; would be a huge upgrade over Jerry.

That said, it makes you think (between him and Incognito) about how serious Miami is running a zone blocking scheme.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He forced a fumble on Sanchez.

:)

He's #65.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
He's been one of Pro Football Focus' top 6 rated RG's in football each of the last 5 seasons.

Very solid, extremely consistent; would be a huge upgrade over Jerry.

That said, it makes you think (between him and Incognito) about how serious Miami is running a zone blocking scheme.

They must see something in his film to have the team believe he can. In the end, regardless of what blocking scheme you run, it about moving people off the line of scrimmage.

Those figures say he can.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd rather see us sign Winston. Winston is a solid veteran who has extensive experience in a zone blocking scheme and is a former U player. I think he's a better fit and fills an even bigger area of need. We could always draft competition for Jerry in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'd rather see us sign Winston. Winston is a solid veteran who has extensive experience in a zone blocking scheme and is a former U player. I think he's a better fit and fills an even bigger area of need. We could always draft competition for Jerry in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami signs both Winston and Moore. The Jets fans on the Gang Green forum seemed more upset about possibly losing Moore to Miami than Keller signing with Miami.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:40 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Moore left Miami without a deal signed and is headed to Dallas. Supposedly the visit was a good one and I hope it ends up like Dusin Keller, with him leaving without a deal, but eventually signing with Miami.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
Moore left Miami without a deal signed and is headed to Dallas. Supposedly the visit was a good one and I hope it ends up like Dusin Keller, with him leaving without a deal, but eventually signing with Miami.

Add him then the need at guard becomes gone, which means another need is off the radar for the draft so the best players with all of the picks

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

bobby0112 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami signs both Winston and Moore. The Jets fans on the Gang Green forum seemed more upset about possibly losing Moore to Miami than Keller signing with Miami.

I'd rather we focused on one (Winston is who I'd like to see) and Brent Grimes

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Grimes is money grubbing because his wife is a major gold digger... don't see that one happening.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ski_Money wrote:
Grimes is money grubbing because his wife is a major gold digger... don't see that one happening.
What FA isn't money grubbing? Why is it when players do not sign for what a team offers, its a bad thing on the player?

I do not know his wife to comment on that part of your post. How is she a gold digger?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We can't sign every free agent out there. There is no loyalty from the front office to the players, so, why shouldn't Grimes try to get the best offer available to him?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
We can't sign every free agent out there. There is no loyalty from the front office to the players, so, why shouldn't Grimes try to get the best offer available to him?

There's absolutely no reason why Grimes shouldn't try to get the best deal he possibly can for himself. But, at the same time, we're not in a position where we HAVE to have him. We should have a hard line "We're not going past this much", and if that isn't good enough for Grimes, then we should address the need in the draft. There are several really good prospects at the CB position and I would be nearly as happy with them as I would be with Grimes. Grimes is a proven veteran and I'd almost always rather have that, but if he wants something exorbitant...let him walk and find it elsewhere.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

From KFFL.com.

The Dallas Cowboys do not have plans to meet with free-agent OG Brandon Moore (Cowboys).

Comment | Source: ESPNDallas.com - Calvin Watkins | Share: Share on Facebook

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2OVwrd218

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:

I aint saying she a gold digger...but she aint messin' with no broke broke (radio edited version)
:)

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

cspooner13 wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I'd rather we focused on one (Winston is who I'd like to see) and Brent Grimes

I'm a big fan of signing Winston. I think he's a solid fit. Grimes I wouldn't mind if the price is right, but we'd have to be careful signing him. The injury he had used to be a career ender. I'd make sure the medical staff gave him the full monty and even then there would have to be a medical clause protecting the team.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm a big fan of signing Winston. I think he's a solid fit. Grimes I wouldn't mind if the price is right, but we'd have to be careful signing him. The injury he had used to be a career ender. I'd make sure the medical staff gave him the full monty and even then there would have to be a medical clause protecting the team.

A lot of injuries that used to be "career enders" are little more than season enders with the advances in medical technology and the way these guys train their bodies. Look at AP (not saying Grimes is that level, by any means). Blowing out your knee like that used to be a two-year recovery, and he fell 8 yards short of the rushing record the very next season. I'm not nearly as worried about Grimes as I would have been, say, five years ago.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]