All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:03 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Due to a scheduling conflict with the Orioles, the Ravens will play their opening Thursday Night game on the road....Pretty ridiculous, but PFT makes a decent case for Miami.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... but-where/

Quote:
The most intriguing matchup comes in Denver, where the Ravens stunned the Broncos in the playoffs. But why should the Ravens have to roll into the lion’s den for their first game of the season? An argument could be made that the Ravens should be given the ability to choose their opponent for the Week One road opener — or at a minimum to veto the possibility of games at Denver or Pittsburgh.

Our preference would be Miami, which would guarantee a sellout for the Dolphins, a high-profile team (at least for now) via their free-agency moves — which included the pilfering of Ravens linebacker Dannell Ellerbe. Also, having the NFL season start in South Florida could help when the time comes to finagle votes for the Sun Life Stadium renovation referendum.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
That's B.S. (not for the Dolphins), but the Ravens shouldn't have to deal with any scheduling conflict. They should go tell the Orioles, "Look, we're the world champs. YOU need to reschedule"

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
TommyNoleFin wrote:
That's B.S. (not for the Dolphins), but the Ravens shouldn't have to deal with any scheduling conflict. They should go tell the Orioles, "Look, we're the world champs. YOU need to reschedule"


Why should the Orioles agree?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
degs wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:
That's B.S. (not for the Dolphins), but the Ravens shouldn't have to deal with any scheduling conflict. They should go tell the Orioles, "Look, we're the world champs. YOU need to reschedule"


Why should the Orioles agree?


Because nobody cares about a low market baseball team that can easily play a double header the next day.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:08 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Phins Rock wrote:
Because nobody cares about a low market baseball team that can easily play a double header the next day.


The Orioles probably care. And moving the game will cost them time effort and money


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
degs wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Because nobody cares about a low market baseball team that can easily play a double header the next day.


The Orioles probably care. And moving the game will cost them time effort and money


So reimburse them. It's the NFL. They have the resources/power to make it happen easily.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7023
Location: ELP, TX.
:war:

The NFL will adjust.....

But there will be a day of reckoning.

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
This is the Ravens making a case for a football only stadium... relax lol


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
Ski_Money wrote:
This is the Ravens making a case for a football only stadium... relax lol




They already have that in place. The problem is the stadiums are so close to one another, it would cause a major traffic problem.

Hate it for the Ravens that the Super Bowl Champs have to start the season on the road. If it Miami, bring it on.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Ski_Money wrote:
This is the Ravens making a case for a football only stadium... relax lol


The issue isn't the stadium, the Ravens already have their own stadium, they don't share with the Orioles. The issue is that they DO share a parking lot. Traffic and parking would make the Ravens having a home game not feasible.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:23 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2575
Location: NSW, Australia
Phins Rock wrote:
degs wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Because nobody cares about a low market baseball team that can easily play a double header the next day.


The Orioles probably care. And moving the game will cost them time effort and money


So reimburse them. It's the NFL. They have the resources/power to make it happen easily.


When they offer reimbursement, I'll say they should agree. But until they do..


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r