View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ] 
 OT: Dez Bryant in Demand 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post OT: Dez Bryant in Demand
I know there are a lot of threads on someone who probably won't be a Dolphin, but teams are interested in him and want to get to know him on a personal basis.

Peter King wrote:
And Dez Bryant's in demand. That was going to be my story of the day. "In my 24 years in the business,'' his agent, Eugene Parker, said Saturday, "I've never seen so many teams so interested in finding out everything about a player.'' Look at Bryant's two-week tour, culminating in Colorado on Wednesday night, the last day players can visit teams at their facilities before the draft:

Thur., April 1: Dallas (Irving, Texas)
Fri., April 2: Miami (Davie, Fla.)
Sun-Mon., April 4-5: Cincinnati
Tue-Wed., April 6-7: Pittsburgh
Thur., April 8: New England (Foxboro, Mass.)
Fri.-Sat., April 9-10: Baltimore (Owings Mills, Md.)
Sun., April 11: Tampa Bay
Mon., Today: San Francisco (Santa Clara, Calif.)
Tue., April 13: St. Louis (Earth City, Mo.)
*Wed., April 14: Denver (Englewood, Colo.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ant/1.html

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: OT: Dez Bryant in Demand
Good. Let them have him.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

The only real threat is Denver at 11. They could either take Dez, or trade down with NE or Dallas.

If he does fall to Miami at 12 it will be a gift from God.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: OT: Dez Bryant in Demand
Iowafin wrote:
Good. Let them have him.

Really u dont even want to c him last to the 12pick and let us chose if we want him or not......the guy does produce on the field

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:43 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He definitely produces on the field. He's also never had any legal issues. With the right mentoring. I think he could be a fine pro.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Re: OT: Dez Bryant in Demand
hypocritex wrote:
He definitely produces on the field. He's also never had any legal issues. With the right mentoring. I think he could be a fine pro.

same thing I was thinking plays like TO and Baby TO but with out the off the field stuff and the ego

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
The only real threat is Denver at 11. They could either take Dez, or trade down with NE or Dallas.

Only Denver could take Bryant, but yet if Denver passes on him it'd be a gift from God? Right.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Only Denver could take Bryant, but yet if Denver passes on him it'd be a gift from God? Right.

Don't know what exactly you mean by that, but yes.

He's one of the most talented WR's to come out this decade, and would complete this offense, IMO. He is going to be very hard to pass up at 11.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Iowafin wrote:

Some mocks have Denver going defense with ILB Rolando McClain. That team has a lot of holes.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phins Rock wrote:

:) man that's funny...

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Yeah, the Dolphins have produced only 5 touchdowns per season the last 2 years out of the wide receiver position, but the Phins don't need a Dez Braynt. Talk about a ridiculous statement.

I would say Jacksonville is a team to look out for as well. They let go Torry Holt and Mike Sims-Walker is there best WR. I think the Jags will go DE because they also only had 14 sacks last year.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
Yeah, the Dolphins have produced only 5 touchdowns per season the last 2 years out of the wide receiver position, but the Phins don't need a Dez Braynt. Talk about a ridiculous statement.

I would say Jacksonville is a team to look out for as well. They let go Torry Holt and Mike Sims-Walker is there best WR. I think the Jags will go DE because they also only had 14 sacks last year.

Don't forget that they signed 2 DE's this past off season, one of them being Aaron Kampman. They also have Groves and a former top 10 pick in Harvey developing. I think they go with Joe Haden, assuming he is there.

As far as Dez, I just cannot see Jack Del Rio taking a guy like that. If I were them I would be all over it as they really lack playmaking ability offensively, but again, Del Rio doesn't go for questionable characters. Add to that, that they have not had a private workout with the guy, and I just do not see it happening.

I agree though, SC. People can sit back and pretend it is not a need because we have all these young guys developing, just like we (including myself) all did last year. But while this team does have some good young core talent at the position, it vitally needs that number 1 guy on the outside to open things up and to give Chad the big time weapon he needs.

Dez has the best jump-ball ability of any WR to come out since Larry Fitzgerald, IMO, and I think that could be a HUGE asset to this offense, especially in the redzone where Dez will likely see a ton of 1v1 match-ups with our running game being as good as it is.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Don't know what exactly you mean by that, but yes.

He's one of the most talented WR's to come out this decade, and would complete this offense, IMO. He is going to be very hard to pass up at 11.

It makes no sense...if he's so good that he is considered a gift from God, why is it so easy for 10 teams to pass on him?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Iowafin wrote:
It makes no sense...if he's so good that he is considered a gift from God, why is it so easy for 10 teams to pass on him?

Who else in the top 10 is going to take him?

KC - Nope. Way too many needs on defense, and they just resigned Chambers to a 3 year deal.
Seattle - Possibly, but doubtful. One of their first round picks needs to be devoted to finding a LT, and they have some serious holes elsewhere on the field.
Cleveland - No reason for them to take him. WR might be the only position that they actaully have good young talent at.
Oakland - He didn't run a good enough 40 time to even be a consideration for Davis, although he would be the smart choice.
Buffalo - WAY too many needs along both lines and....well everywhere else. To be honest, I see them having the #1 pick in next year's draft.
Jacksonville - (Read post above)

And then there's Denver.....

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:54 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

PR, you are a glutton for punishment. If you say it, Iowa isn't gonna agree.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:55 pm

hallphin wrote:

Haha.

Too bad I always win. :ann0y:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
hallphin wrote:

Haha.

Too bad I always win. :ann0y:

In your mind
:ann0y:
:)

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:06 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Ouch Phins........... :grin:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 pm

That was cold Phin;).

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock fails to recognize his lack of factual basing and constant use of contradictory statements.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
I know there are a lot of threads on someone who probably won't be a Dolphin, but teams are interested in him and want to get to know him on a personal basis.

Peter King wrote:
And Dez Bryant's in demand. That was going to be my story of the day. "In my 24 years in the business,'' his agent, Eugene Parker, said Saturday, "I've never seen so many teams so interested in finding out everything about a player.'' Look at Bryant's two-week tour, culminating in Colorado on Wednesday night, the last day players can visit teams at their facilities before the draft:

Thur., April 1: Dallas (Irving, Texas)
Fri., April 2: Miami (Davie, Fla.)
Sun-Mon., April 4-5: Cincinnati
Tue-Wed., April 6-7: Pittsburgh
Thur., April 8: New England (Foxboro, Mass.)
Fri.-Sat., April 9-10: Baltimore (Owings Mills, Md.)
Sun., April 11: Tampa Bay
Mon., Today: San Francisco (Santa Clara, Calif.)
Tue., April 13: St. Louis (Earth City, Mo.)
*Wed., April 14: Denver (Englewood, Colo.)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ant/1.html

Dez has that Mike Tyson "I want to rip out his heart and feed it to him. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children." kinda look to him.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:24 pm
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

I only saw Bryant play in a few games during his college career. The video highlights I've seen and all the write-ups I've read lead me to believe that Bryant was an excellent playmaker in college and has the opportunity to be the same in the NFL because he plays with strength, speed, and vision. He has great hands and he's not afraid to come across the middle. He has the speed to beat defenders deep, the vision and agility to make opponents miss as an open field runner, and the strength to catch the football with his hands and break tackles. He plays with good balance. He seems to have the ability to get his pads low and make the first defender miss with both good footwork and decent stiff-arm, doesn't duck out of bounds to avoid contact like Ginn Jr. Bryant has the skills to become an instant starter in the NFL . Any draftee can turn out to be a bust. Bryant can succeed if he proves that he can work hard, stay out of trouble and mature. Its been along time since Miami had a playmaker at WR. Henne is young and it would be great to see him develop a repoir with a talent like Bryant. Regardless if we get him or not, this guy will be a beast at the next level, IMO.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

TennFinFan13 wrote:
I only saw Bryant play in a few games during his college career. The video highlights I've seen and all the write-ups I've read lead me to believe that Bryant was an excellent playmaker in college and has the opportunity to be the same in the NFL because he plays with strength, speed, and vision. He has great hands and he's not afraid to come across the middle. He has the speed to beat defenders deep, the vision and agility to make opponents miss as an open field runner, and the strength to catch the football with his hands and break tackles. He plays with good balance. He seems to have the ability to get his pads low and make the first defender miss with both good footwork and decent stiff-arm, doesn't duck out of bounds to avoid contact like Ginn Jr. Bryant has the skills to become an instant starter in the NFL . Any draftee can turn out to be a bust. Bryant can succeed if he proves that he can work hard, stay out of trouble and mature. Its been along time since Miami had a playmaker at WR. Henne is young and it would be great to see him develop a repoir with a talent like Bryant. Regardless if we get him or not, this guy will be a beast at the next level, IMO.

:yay:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock fails to recognize his lack of factual basing and constant use of contradictory statements.

No offense Iowa, but I enjoy PRs posts because they typically blend facts with his personal insight into the game and his team, The Dolphins. The man obviously is a die-hard Dolphin fan. I get tired of the constant, negative, meaningless attacks by you against him which typically turn off topic. I thought we were all on the same team here.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TennFinFan13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

No offense Iowa, but I enjoy PRs posts because they typically blend facts .

And that's when I stopped reading.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:25 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Iowafin wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

My son is the same age as Phins Rock. I wish he had this much interest and insight into the game.

This is a forum that has news mixed with opinions.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Big Dave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

My son is the same age as Phins Rock. I wish he had this much interest and insight into the game.

AKA... Dave's old...

:ann0y:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Mike Williams, Reggie WIlliams, Roy WIlliams, charlie Rogers, Rashad Woods, and more that I can't remember were all highly rated. While Simms, Colstin and others were late rd picks. WR is almost a bigger gamble than a QB in the 1st rd. You must look at stats and trends while looking at a certain position and drafting a WR in the 1st rd is too risky when there are standup DEs that can play in a 3-4.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I'm quite sure you can find DE that have had to convert to OLB in a 3-4 defense that have struggled as well. It is not a easy move to make, but when you are talking about the type of size that Parcells wants, more times than not you are talking about DE converting to 3-4 OLB.

I'm not sure the Saints knew what they were getting in the 7th round when they got Marques Colston, but he has turned into a gem. You can find OLB personnel in the later rounds as well.

I don't know when Miami will take a WR, but they darn sure better find one that is a difference maker. 5 TD per season out of the position is just not cutting it.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yep, I believe anything that teams say this time of year pertaining to the draft;)

PFT wrote:
Report: Dez Bryant off Jaguars' board over "character concerns"
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 13, 2010 9:49 AM ET

Keyshawn Johnson may not like it, but there's a perception in some circles that former Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant will create so many off-field headaches for any NFL team that drafts him that his on-field talent doesn't justify the risk.

In Jacksonville, that perception is apparently enough to have removed Bryant from the Jaguars' draft board.

Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union reports, citing multiple NFL sources, that the Jaguars eliminated Bryant from their draft board because of concerns about his character.

As Wright notes, the Jaguars are particularly concerned about off-field concerns regarding wide receivers because in the last decade they wasted first-round picks on wide receivers R. Jay Soward, Reggie Williams and Matt Jones.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said he'd like to add a wide receiver in the draft, but he doesn't see it happening in the first round.

"It's not a great year for wide receiver," Del Rio said, "but there will be some guys in the mid rounds that have a shot."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -concerns/

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
TennFinFan13 wrote:

Certainly. No problem with opinions...it's when you start fabricating things to make your opinion a fact that I feel the need to call him out.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I pretty much figure Dez Bryant will be a Seahawk or a Bronco. I would be ecstatic if we finally drafted a bona fide #1 WR type of guy.....I had hopes that Ginn would be that guy, but three years is enough.

I still think Miami will draft a big and fat DT in round #1.....and take a chance on a 3rd or 4th round WR pick.....and we will still stink as a passing offense.

I see the Jets got Santonio Holmes....he is already better than any receiver we have had in recent memory. We could have drafted him too.....but I think that was the year we just had to pick Jason Allen :hithead: The Jets are going to be a formidable opponent this year. I sure hope those rookie cornerbacks improve markedly for us this year....oh....who will be our free safety? The reality is, we probably will be better with almost anyone other than Gibril Wilson in that spot!!! :)

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]