View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Johnathan Martin 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Johnathan Martin
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/3/19/4 ... han-martin

Joe Philbin talking about our options at LT. Doesn't sound like a "glowing" endorsement of Martin but maybe he is just motivating him!

What do you guys think?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Johnathan Martin
MdDolfan wrote:
http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/3/19/4125322/joe-philbin-talks-development-of-jonathan-martin

Joe Philbin talking about our options at LT. Doesn't sound like a "glowing" endorsement of Martin but maybe he is just motivating him!

What do you guys think?

I don't think there any question that there is concerns in regards to what Miami saw out of Jonathan Martin last year. He got overpowered alot, regardless of whether he was lined up at ORT or OLT.

I don't think the Dolphins will look to trade for Brandon Albert, although Ireland has said they would consider a trade. I most certainly think a OT will be bought in via the draft.

Terron Armstead of Arkansas-Pine Bluff could be a option in the 2nd round, or possibly trade back into the late first round to grab Menelik Watson of Florida State. Watson has the ability to play both ORT, which he played at FSU or OLT.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I feel like the Albert trade would make a lot of sense for the Dolphins. We all know that we need linemen, and if he can be had for a second round pick as reported, it just makes sense. We have two second round picks and instead of using one of them for a rookie who potentially won't pan out, why wouldn't you use it on someone who is already proven? That would also free us up to use our picks to sure up our CB position, either with Desmond Trufant, Xavier Rhodes (who doesn't fit our system as well as Trufant does) or putting a package together to move up a few slots and grab Dee Milliner.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Supposedly KC wants a 2nd round pick and an additional pick. Not sure what Miami will do, as they have legitimate concerns about Jonathan.

I keep reading that Rhodes does not fit what the Dolphins want, but the kid played bump and zone, especially with Mark Stoops the last few years.

I would not have a problem with trading for Albert, so we will see were this goes.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Supposedly KC wants a 2nd round pick and an additional pick. Not sure what Miami will do, as they have legitimate concerns about Jonathan.

I keep reading that Rhodes does not fit what the Dolphins want, but the kid played bump and zone, especially with Mark Stoops the last few years.

I would not have a problem with trading for Albert, so we will see were this goes.

They want a second this year and another pick in next years draft to off-set the trade they made to get Alex Smith. I would have no qualms about giving up a pick next year and one of our two 2nd round picks this year to get ourselves a quality, proven LT instead of moving Martin over there where everyone has questions about his development.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

They want a second this year and another pick in next years draft to off-set the trade they made to get Alex Smith. I would have no qualms about giving up a pick next year and one of our two 2nd round picks this year to get ourselves a quality, proven LT instead of moving Martin over there where everyone has questions about his development.

I don't know. Giving up a 2nd round pick this year and another one next year and then giving this guy a 3 or 4 year deal at $8 million + per year is a lot to give up to fill this need.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

bobby0112 wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I don't know. Giving up a 2nd round pick this year and another one next year and then giving this guy a 3 or 4 year deal at $8 million + per year is a lot to give up to fill this need.

I really think it's a modest price to pay to have a stud LT to keep Tannehill off his back for the next 3 or 4 years. Whether we can make it work salary-cap wise I don't know (I don't follow the cap as closely as I should, I must admit), but baring injury, Albert is a stud and will be for the foreseeable future, which is something you can't guarantee through the draft

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]