View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 what fans of other teams are saying on message boards 
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post what fans of other teams are saying on message boards
At this point the Dolphins should at MINIMUM beat the crap out of the Jets and Bills. Saying this as a Patriots fan, it looks like Miami is actually stepping up their game. Kudos. BTW Gibson torched the Pats for their only touchdown at the end of last season. The kid has potential. Miami should make a hard push for Dumervil to work with Wake and they would be legit bigtime.

---------------------------------

All these weapons they’ve signed…Tannehill better be the quarterback they apparently think he is…

-----------------------------------

Im a ravens fan but deff have to give props to the fins! Right players at reasonable cap #’s hats off

-----------------------------------

Gotta admit, I like the moves and the willingness to spend in Miami. It was sad to see such a proud franchise fall to mediocrity the past few years. However, I have big question marks regarding Tannehill. But not really following the team, I’ll ask you Dolphin fans. Is he good enough to support the talent they have brought in? And since they are willing to shell out the money, is it possible they try to acquire Matt Flynn from Seattle to reunite with Philbin?

===========================

This team is starting to look like the teams from the Shula era.

------------------------------------------------------

Tannehill actually finished last season ranked the 13th most efficient QB overall according tomPFF. Having only 19 career starts at the position prior to his first NFL season, and only average weapons at his disposal last year in Miami, I think Tannehill is poised to have a pretty big year in 2013… If Miami can retain Jake Long somehow, they could be a 9, maybe 10-win team.

------------------------------------------------------

Might be hard for Ellerbe to take Ray’s spot now in a Dolphins uniform. Miami fans should be excited. Ellerbe is a nice player, and the one player that would really weaken the Ravens defense if he left.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: what fans of other teams are saying on message boards
All these weapons they’ve signed…Tannehill better be the quarterback they apparently think he is

This is true.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:31 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
All these weapons they’ve signed…Tannehill better be the quarterback they apparently think he is

This is true.

It is, but its not really a concerning issue at this point, have to give the kid some weapons and some time.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:51 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly RT @Alw1971A: how good is th17 deep ball, its gonna get tested next season!» Its not good. But people who don't watch film will tell u it is

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=OmarKelly

I hope his evaluation is wrong.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 am

IS Omar talking about Tanny's deep ball? Too me, it looks like he overthrows, but that could be lack of speed at the WR position. Time will tell.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Plenty of video to look at... Im not saying he is HOF material, but also not going to say his game is "not good" he could use some work, but we knew that before week one last year.

As for "Film"
Here is a nice piece, shows his goods and bads last season.

3:45 mark see him getting chased backwards and throw from the 10 yard line on one foot for a completion at the 43...
3:50 he throws a nice one, maybe 40 - 50 yards....

4:18 mark is another nice one.... When the protection holds, he can get it... When it does not he can make throws running either direction, and can make plays with his legs...

Watch "the film" and judge for yourself, there are plenty of other moments I could point out, including the batted balls, INT's and sacks

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Last edited by 10acjed on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
IS Omar talking about Tanny's deep ball? Too me, it looks like he overthrows, but that could be lack of speed at the WR position. Time will tell.

Omar also redundantly insisted Garrard was the Miami Dolphins QB last preseason.

I just keep reminding myself that this is Tannehill's upcoming "Senior" year at the Quarterback position & we can't even estimate the ceiling right now. He gets it mentally & is still developing physically.

Nice to hear some outside observers tho. Cool post Swerve. Thanks

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I would also like to add that the term "watches film" is not very accurate...

John Gruden watches film, Homar Kelley watches youtube.. Its a huge difference..

Team film reels are shot from goal to goal, and at the 50 on both sides giving a spread view of the field, the camera is not focused on the ball but on the field so that coaches can isolate every position and watch assignments. See who missed a block, who ran the wrong route, how the defense is lining up and what they are giving you in each formation....

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If only half of these FA signings work out, it will still be a success.

Can't knock a home run if you don't ever swing. I was so dissapointed last year that we didn't get someone to replace Brandon Marshall. FAs were flying everywhere and we didn't look to be participating. We are definitely in the game this year, and making solid decisions. Not like the Eagles last year.

Go Dolphins!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

This is what I would say to Kelly about T-hill's deep ball.

From PFF

Quote:
Miami Dolphins

Ryan Tannehill, QB
Draft: First round, 8th overall
Snaps/Usage: Started all 16 games at quarterback

Notes: Tannehill showed flashes at times this season, though he was certainly overshadowed by top performances from the other rookie quarterbacks around the league. Among his positives, he showed well under pressure as his 72.9 percent Accuracy Percentage ranked second in the league and he threw an accurate deep ball ranking seventh in the league at 43.1 percent. He graded at +11.5 on the year, good for 13th among all quarterbacks.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
I would also like to add that the term "watches film" is not very accurate...

John Gruden watches film, Homar Kelley watches youtube.. Its a huge difference..

Team film reels are shot from goal to goal, and at the 50 on both sides giving a spread view of the field, the camera is not focused on the ball but on the field so that coaches can isolate every position and watch assignments. See who missed a block, who ran the wrong route, how the defense is lining up and what they are giving you in each formation....

I think anyone can watch coaches film now if they want to spend the money and get NFL game rewind. Don't know if he does that or not. Still does not mean he is evaluating correctly even if he does have access to film.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Watching the Tannehill highlights makes me even more glad they resigned Hartline and now most importantly, they better keep Davone Bess in their offense as his highlights mixed in gives you a reminder to how valuable he is and will be even more with the addition of Wallace and Keller.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:18 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
If Miami can retain Jake Long somehow, they could be a 9, maybe 10-win team.

I know this isn't what a lot of people want to hear, but this is the same thing my gut is telling me. I think with all of the new pieces it's going to take time to gel. While I expect Tannehill to take a step forward, how big of a step remains to be seen. If he takes an average step forward this year (what I expect), I expect 9 to 10 wins. But if the kid grows by leaps and bounds because we added Wallace, Keller, and Gibson, then perhaps this team is primed for a run.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
Watching the Tannehill highlights makes me even more glad they resigned Hartline and now most importantly, they better keep Davone Bess in their offense as his highlights mixed in gives you a reminder to how valuable he is and will be even more with the addition of Wallace and Keller.

They certainly made some tough catches to keep plays alive. I am excited to see what the addition of Wallace and Keller do.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who cares what other boards think?

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:

Just read the thread... They are all in it.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Just read the thread... They are all in it.

If you care so little RS, you don't have to bother posting in the thread. Its awesome to have some variety here & I personally found it refreshing to hear some positive buzz from the outside

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:50 am

Steve Zissou wrote:
If you care so little RS, you don't have to bother posting in the thread.

He cared enough to read the title of the thread and go in it...

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 am

Rock Sexton wrote:

you cared about what Rams fans were saying about Gibson

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know there are more than a few critics about all the moves we are making; people are saying we are on a spending spree. Well, DUH!! When you go into the offseason 43mil under the cap and your team finished the season 7-9, what else should you do?? I mean seriously, are we just supposed to save that money and not try to improve our team? I think Ireland is a better Finance guy than he is at drafting, and it shows with the contracts he has been offering. He has a price in mind for guys and he doesn't spend more than he think they are worth. He was very smart with the Wallace deal, which was our biggest splurge. I like the moves we are making, but I'm not kidding myself into thinking we are anywhere near the Patriots already. It takes time to develop chemistry (if it ever does), and what things look like on paper can be drastically different then what you see on the field. On paper though, things are looking up. I can hardly wait to see how the draft goes now.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Don't teams have to spend their money now with the new rules? Can't just put it in savings.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:05 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Steve Zissou wrote:
I just keep reminding myself that this is Tannehill's upcoming "Senior" year at the Quarterback position & we can't even estimate the ceiling right now. He gets it mentally & is still developing physically.

Your comment reminds me of this:

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:22 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

After watching that vid I'm so pumped now! A few things are obvious just from that video alone:

1. Tannehill throws a pretty ball... I'm so excited to see what this kid can do with his new tools
2. Hartline was worth every single penny we gave him... he made some tough catches last year and is an obvious security blanket for Ryan
3. Somebody teach Tanny how to slide please.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
OmarKelly profile

OmarKelly RT @Alw1971A: how good is th17 deep ball, its gonna get tested next season!» Its not good. But people who don't watch film will tell u it is

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=OmarKelly

I hope his evaluation is wrong.
Omar has the brains of a retarded goat, but even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes, and this is Omar's sometime. Coming out of college one of the many things RT had to improve on was his deep ball. He has very good footwork on most throws but for some reason he looked out of rhythm some times when throwing deep. This is one of the easier things to fix and he fixed SO many things last year that I really don't see this being a problem.

Last year we didn't really have anyone that could get deep so it wasn't a high priority, this year it will be. Last year if you remember, RT wasn't even expected to start until the end of the season if at all, so he didn't get a lot of the early reps with the ones. This year that will be different. He and the coaching staff know he is going to be the starter and so he will be getting most of the reps with the one's and will have plenty of time to polish his deep throws and getting his timing down with the new acquisitions.

Ryan will certainly not be a finished product at the end of next year either, but we will have a lot better idea of what we have with him. DCs from all the other teams in our division will have a whole offseason to try and figure out the best ways to attack Ryan, so he will see a few different looks that he didn't see last year. They will find his weaknesses and he will have to fix them, but he learns VERY fast and I think with the proper weapons, and thick skin, he will be able to learn from his mistakes and be a much better QB by the end of 2013. I think you will see a lot of well thrown deep balls. Which BTW is NOT something Wallace will be used to. Ben missed Wallace by several yards on almost every deep throw he made last year. Wallace is just usually open by more yards than Ben underthrew him and was able to still make the catch. Ryan's deep balls may not be perfect but I don't see how they could be worse than Ben threw last year.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

swerve13 wrote:
Don't teams have to spend their money now with the new rules? Can't just put it in savings.

Actually you can pay ahead. It is true that you have to use at least 90% of your cap space, but if you haven't used all of it you can use a % of it to pay off your cap for the following year, which allows you stay out of cap trouble. It is a much more efficient way to do it, and it allows teams to be smarter with their money.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 am

Hey newbie, what K-town we talkin about?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 am

BTW welcome KTOWN.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have to admit I was enjoying myself last night reading several Jets forums. They are pissed about losing Keller but spend most of their time asking each other how they are going to endure the next 3 years of rebuilding while being swept by the Patriots and Dolphins.

Here are some classic responses to a thread titled "How will we cope with watching the Jets next season?"

"The off season has been so bad,I have no preconceived notions that the Jets will win any more than three games."

"I won't need to cope, the Jets will only be relevant when the draft clocks start over the next 3 off seasons."

"if we go QB early then its a transition season, if not then its a throw away season

Draft Geno Smith similar to how Miami did Tannehill and let him play"

"Alcohol. Lots of it. "

"This team is headed for a 4-12 season. Which means you can't watch a
single game sober."

:fart: I'd feel bad for them if they weren't Jets fans.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]