All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
It's clear that Miami (regardless of moving Bess) isn't prioritizing WR early on. They'll also take care of OT in Free Agency.

That means they'll not only go Defense heavy, but they NEED an immediate starter at CB.

Jeff Darlington tweeted a couple of days ago that he's seen Miami's early draft plans and that they're just as "intriguing" as the first day of Free Agency was.

I think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it. CB is strong in this class, but Milliner is so further ahead of anybody else, and is honestly the only safe bet to come in and start Day 1.

With the load of Day 2 picks, I say go for it. It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
I wonder if the jets are thinking about K. Kolb?

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lakeland, FL
Phins Rock wrote:
II think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it.
It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.


Luv it! Question is where do we need to trade up to? He could go as high as 2nd to the Jags

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
Phins Rock wrote:
It's clear that Miami (regardless of moving Bess) isn't prioritizing WR early on. They'll also take care of OT in Free Agency.

That means they'll not only go Defense heavy, but they NEED an immediate starter at CB.

Jeff Darlington tweeted a couple of days ago that he's seen Miami's early draft plans and that they're just as "intriguing" as the first day of Free Agency was.

I think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it. CB is strong in this class, but Milliner is so further ahead of anybody else, and is honestly the only safe bet to come in and start Day 1.

With the load of Day 2 picks, I say go for it. It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.



Millner may be the #1 CB, but I don't think he FAR ahead. Would be more than happy with taking Xavier Rhodes at #12. Bigger with better ball skills. Millner is rated higher, but their is not a huge difference to me.

If I am trading up, it to get someone like a Jarvis Jones, and impact pass rusher.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3718
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. I don't recall Claibore being rated as highly as Milliner has, but was picked at 6 and I haven't heard any buzz about him last season. We'd definitely have to trade up all the way to the top 4 to get him due to Detroit. Risky, but definitely better than the conservative OT approach in the 1st.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. I don't recall Claibore being rated as highly as Milliner has, but was picked at 6 and I haven't heard any buzz about him last season. We'd definitely have to trade up all the way to the top 4 to get him due to Detroit. Risky, but definitely better than the conservative OT approach in the 1st.


Claiborne was very highly thought of coming out last year and was definitely a top 5-8 player coming out last year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 5071
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. ...


I thought it would be a good thing to shore up needs, what am I missing?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
AQNOR wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. ...


I thought it would be a good thing to shore up needs, what am I missing?


He means it like he's "down with the cause" ....

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I'm still skeptical a that Rhodes goes in the first round.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8504
Man, I hate drafting corners in the 1st and now you want to trade up for one? No thanks, go DE which would make our secondary better and then draft corners in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I wouldn't mind a gueard or OLin the 1st.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Makchell wrote:
Man, I hate drafting corners in the 1st and now you want to trade up for one? No thanks, go DE which would make our secondary better and then draft corners in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I wouldn't mind a gueard or OLin the 1st.

I'm with you....unless he's special. Milliner is.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
Phins Rock wrote:
Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I'm still skeptical a that Rhodes goes in the first round.


I know we tend to disagree on things form time to time, but I have to say there has not been an occasion were I disagree with you more strongly than on this occasion.

It would be a big surprise if Rhodes did not go in the 1st round.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
I said to take up for Milliner 2+ months ago. But I didn't think we'd have to go past Tennessee to get him. Right now CB is the biggest need on the team, with OT following it.

Withy he aggression shown in FA, I expect some aggression in the draft. That means trades. We shall see in 6 weeks


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
We are not in a position to trade up in my opinion... sure we added some nice pieces but we have no idea how they're going to work out. Stay put and use your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to add some solid starters.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
IamPZ wrote:
We are not in a position to trade up in my opinion... sure we added some nice pieces but we have no idea how they're going to work out. Stay put and use your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to add some solid starters.


I agree with your thinking on this PZ.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
It's clear that Miami (regardless of moving Bess) isn't prioritizing WR early on. They'll also take care of OT in Free Agency.

That means they'll not only go Defense heavy, but they NEED an immediate starter at CB.

Jeff Darlington tweeted a couple of days ago that he's seen Miami's early draft plans and that they're just as "intriguing" as the first day of Free Agency was.

I think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it. CB is strong in this class, but Milliner is so further ahead of anybody else, and is honestly the only safe bet to come in and start Day 1.

With the load of Day 2 picks, I say go for it. It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.



Millner may be the #1 CB, but I don't think he FAR ahead. Would be more than happy with taking Xavier Rhodes at #12. Bigger with better ball skills. Millner is rated higher, but their is not a huge difference to me.

If I am trading up, it to get someone like a Jarvis Jones, and impact pass rusher.


or Ansah


Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:50 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
Phins Rock wrote:
Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I'm still skeptical a that Rhodes goes in the first round.



Quote:
ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Alabama CB Dee Milliner doesn't match up with previous drafts' top CBs.
"He doesn't have Patrick Peterson’s skill set, or Mo Claiborne’s, or Deion Sanders’. We know that," Kiper said. "He doesn't have, necessarily, the overall talent, physically and athletically, of Dre Kirkpatrick, his former teammate But he is more fundamentally sound." Kiper went on to add that he expects Milliner to be selected in the top six picks.


Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted Tuesday that he does not view Alabama CB Dee Milliner as a top-ten talent in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Jeremiah also doesn't view West Virginia QB Geno Smith as a top-ten talent, but acknowledges that Milliner and Smith will likely get "pushed up the board" because they're the best quarterback and cornerback, respectively, available. "Happens every year," Jeremiah said. Milliner is closer to a top-ten talent than Smith. We'd be shocked if Milliner lasted beyond the top-ten picks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I'm still skeptical a that Rhodes goes in the first round.


I know we tend to disagree on things form time to time, but I have to say there has not been an occasion were I disagree with you more strongly than on this occasion.

It would be a big surprise if Rhodes did not go in the 1st round.


after the combine most have Rhodes and Trufant locked into the top 25


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Mel Kiper also said Tomoinson, despite going 2nd overall, was the 25th best player in the draft....

He also had Jimmy Clausen at #4 (ahead of Bradford) on his big board on April 7th.

And not as good a physical skillset as Dre Kirkpatrick?? That's a joke.

By the way, Kiper didn't have Revis on his big board at all the week of the draft. Why you quote him on player eval to support your point is a questionable decision to say the least.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
If the draft was scientific, it would be pretty easy to predict, and A. Foster wouldn't have went undrafted.

Even the best out there can't say for sure.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11924
Location: Lancaster, PA
Phins Rock wrote:
Mel Kiper also said Tomoinson, despite going 2nd overall, was the 25th best player in the draft....

He also had Jimmy Clausen at #4 (ahead of Bradford) on his big board on April 7th.

And not as good a physical skillset as Dre Kirkpatrick?? That's a joke.

By the way, Kiper didn't have Revis on his big board at all the week of the draft. Why you quote him on player eval to support your point is a questionable decision to say the least.


Jeremiah backed him up on that sport


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:35 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
swerve13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Mel Kiper also said Tomoinson, despite going 2nd overall, was the 25th best player in the draft....

He also had Jimmy Clausen at #4 (ahead of Bradford) on his big board on April 7th.

And not as good a physical skillset as Dre Kirkpatrick?? That's a joke.

By the way, Kiper didn't have Revis on his big board at all the week of the draft. Why you quote him on player eval to support your point is a questionable decision to say the least.


Jeremiah backed him up on that sport


Ok, sport.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 00xtremeninja, Bing [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r