View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 The way Free Agency has gone... 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post The way Free Agency has gone...
It's clear that Miami (regardless of moving Bess) isn't prioritizing WR early on. They'll also take care of OT in Free Agency.

That means they'll not only go Defense heavy, but they NEED an immediate starter at CB.

Jeff Darlington tweeted a couple of days ago that he's seen Miami's early draft plans and that they're just as "intriguing" as the first day of Free Agency was.

I think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it. CB is strong in this class, but Milliner is so further ahead of anybody else, and is honestly the only safe bet to come in and start Day 1.

With the load of Day 2 picks, I say go for it. It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: The way Free Agency has gone...
I wonder if the jets are thinking about K. Kolb?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phins Rock wrote:
II think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it.
It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.

Luv it! Question is where do we need to trade up to? He could go as high as 2nd to the Jags

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:02 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
It's clear that Miami (regardless of moving Bess) isn't prioritizing WR early on. They'll also take care of OT in Free Agency.

That means they'll not only go Defense heavy, but they NEED an immediate starter at CB.

Jeff Darlington tweeted a couple of days ago that he's seen Miami's early draft plans and that they're just as "intriguing" as the first day of Free Agency was.

I think they will, and SHOULD, trade up for Milliner. Dallas was able to do it for Claiborne with just a 2nd. Even if it takes a little more, I'm doing it. CB is strong in this class, but Milliner is so further ahead of anybody else, and is honestly the only safe bet to come in and start Day 1.

With the load of Day 2 picks, I say go for it. It's going to be your only big "need" in the draft, and you need to get it done. Go get Milliner.

Millner may be the #1 CB, but I don't think he FAR ahead. Would be more than happy with taking Xavier Rhodes at #12. Bigger with better ball skills. Millner is rated higher, but their is not a huge difference to me.

If I am trading up, it to get someone like a Jarvis Jones, and impact pass rusher.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. I don't recall Claibore being rated as highly as Milliner has, but was picked at 6 and I haven't heard any buzz about him last season. We'd definitely have to trade up all the way to the top 4 to get him due to Detroit. Risky, but definitely better than the conservative OT approach in the 1st.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. I don't recall Claibore being rated as highly as Milliner has, but was picked at 6 and I haven't heard any buzz about him last season. We'd definitely have to trade up all the way to the top 4 to get him due to Detroit. Risky, but definitely better than the conservative OT approach in the 1st.

Claiborne was very highly thought of coming out last year and was definitely a top 5-8 player coming out last year.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. ...

I thought it would be a good thing to shore up needs, what am I missing?

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I am definitely down since we have shored up so many needs the past few days. ...

I thought it would be a good thing to shore up needs, what am I missing?

He means it like he's "down with the cause" ....

Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I'm still skeptical a that Rhodes goes in the first round.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Man, I hate drafting corners in the 1st and now you want to trade up for one? No thanks, go DE which would make our secondary better and then draft corners in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I wouldn't mind a gueard or OLin the 1st.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Makchell wrote:
Man, I hate drafting corners in the 1st and now you want to trade up for one? No thanks, go DE which would make our secondary better and then draft corners in the 2nd and/or 3rd. I wouldn't mind a gueard or OLin the 1st.

I'm with you....unless he's special. Milliner is.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
Tony I can't say I agree with you. I think Milliner is the top CB in the draft and it's not even close. I think he's a lockdown corner from Day 1.

I know we tend to disagree on things form time to time, but I have to say there has not been an occasion were I disagree with you more strongly than on this occasion.

It would be a big surprise if Rhodes did not go in the 1st round.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I said to take up for Milliner 2+ months ago. But I didn't think we'd have to go past Tennessee to get him. Right now CB is the biggest need on the team, with OT following it.

Withy he aggression shown in FA, I expect some aggression in the draft. That means trades. We shall see in 6 weeks

Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

We are not in a position to trade up in my opinion... sure we added some nice pieces but we have no idea how they're going to work out. Stay put and use your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to add some solid starters.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:04 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

IamPZ wrote:
We are not in a position to trade up in my opinion... sure we added some nice pieces but we have no idea how they're going to work out. Stay put and use your 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to add some solid starters.

I agree with your thinking on this PZ.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Millner may be the #1 CB, but I don't think he FAR ahead. Would be more than happy with taking Xavier Rhodes at #12. Bigger with better ball skills. Millner is rated higher, but their is not a huge difference to me.

If I am trading up, it to get someone like a Jarvis Jones, and impact pass rusher.

or Ansah

Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

Quote:
ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Alabama CB Dee Milliner doesn't match up with previous drafts' top CBs.
"He doesn't have Patrick Peterson’s skill set, or Mo Claiborne’s, or Deion Sanders’. We know that," Kiper said. "He doesn't have, necessarily, the overall talent, physically and athletically, of Dre Kirkpatrick, his former teammate But he is more fundamentally sound." Kiper went on to add that he expects Milliner to be selected in the top six picks.

Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted Tuesday that he does not view Alabama CB Dee Milliner as a top-ten talent in the 2013 NFL Draft.
Jeremiah also doesn't view West Virginia QB Geno Smith as a top-ten talent, but acknowledges that Milliner and Smith will likely get "pushed up the board" because they're the best quarterback and cornerback, respectively, available. "Happens every year," Jeremiah said. Milliner is closer to a top-ten talent than Smith. We'd be shocked if Milliner lasted beyond the top-ten picks.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I know we tend to disagree on things form time to time, but I have to say there has not been an occasion were I disagree with you more strongly than on this occasion.

It would be a big surprise if Rhodes did not go in the 1st round.

after the combine most have Rhodes and Trufant locked into the top 25

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:52 am

Mel Kiper also said Tomoinson, despite going 2nd overall, was the 25th best player in the draft....

He also had Jimmy Clausen at #4 (ahead of Bradford) on his big board on April 7th.

And not as good a physical skillset as Dre Kirkpatrick?? That's a joke.

By the way, Kiper didn't have Revis on his big board at all the week of the draft. Why you quote him on player eval to support your point is a questionable decision to say the least.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If the draft was scientific, it would be pretty easy to predict, and A. Foster wouldn't have went undrafted.

Even the best out there can't say for sure.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
Mel Kiper also said Tomoinson, despite going 2nd overall, was the 25th best player in the draft....

He also had Jimmy Clausen at #4 (ahead of Bradford) on his big board on April 7th.

By the way, Kiper didn't have Revis on his big board at all the week of the draft. Why you quote him on player eval to support your point is a questionable decision to say the least.

Jeremiah backed him up on that sport

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:22 pm

swerve13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Jeremiah backed him up on that sport

Ok, sport.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]