View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 pm



Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 With the first few days of FA behind us 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Tampa, FL
Post With the first few days of FA behind us
It now seems like Ireland and the fins have gone back to being more frugal and intentional with the contracts they hand out. Meaning that Wallace and to a lesser extent Ellerbe and Wheeler must have been part A of the plan.

With that part finished they are now looking to add who they can to fill holes, but at their price point or nothing. Probably with the thinking that they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft to complete filling the holes?

So whomever is brought in on a recruiting trip now will not necessarily be sticking around. That's what its looking like to me anyway.


Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3427
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: With the first few days of FA behind us
keebler_kahn wrote:
It now seems like Ireland and the fins have gone back to being more frugal and intentional with the contracts they hand out. Meaning that Wallace and to a lesser extent Ellerbe and Wheeler must have been part A of the plan.

With that part finished they are now looking to add who they can to fill holes, but at their price point or nothing. Probably with the thinking that they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft to complete filling the holes?

So whomever is brought in on a recruiting trip now will not necessarily be sticking around. That's what its looking like to me anyway.


I agree. Would have loved to sign Michael Bennett, but something seems very strange with that situation.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21633
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: With the first few days of FA behind us
phinsfansc wrote:
keebler_kahn wrote:
It now seems like Ireland and the fins have gone back to being more frugal and intentional with the contracts they hand out. Meaning that Wallace and to a lesser extent Ellerbe and Wheeler must have been part A of the plan.

With that part finished they are now looking to add who they can to fill holes, but at their price point or nothing. Probably with the thinking that they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft to complete filling the holes?

So whomever is brought in on a recruiting trip now will not necessarily be sticking around. That's what its looking like to me anyway.


I agree. Would have loved to sign Michael Bennett, but something seems very strange with that situation.


I'm thinking the Dolphins offered a multi-year deal with less money than Bennett wanted, citing that he's only had one really productive season, ran a 5.0 40 in his Pro Day and has never posted double digit sacks.

I'm sure Bennett decided it was better to sign a one year deal, prove himself by posting big numbers this coming season and then try again for the blockbuster contract next offseason.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: With the first few days of FA behind us
Sounds to me like Miami just wasn't prepared enough with their Plan B.

They executed well early, but then lost out on Cook. Things have gone South (seemingly) since.


Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: With the first few days of FA behind us
keebler_kahn wrote:
It now seems like Ireland and the fins have gone back to being more frugal and intentional with the contracts they hand out. Meaning that Wallace and to a lesser extent Ellerbe and Wheeler must have been part A of the plan.

With that part finished they are now looking to add who they can to fill holes, but at their price point or nothing. Probably with the thinking that they have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft to complete filling the holes?

So whomever is brought in on a recruiting trip now will not necessarily be sticking around. That's what its looking like to me anyway.


Ross has the shiney new weapon to boast about so I agree, he's probably off Ireland's back and letting him operate his own way now.

I love the linebacker moves the more I read about them.


Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:05 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5884
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: With the first few days of FA behind us
Phins Rock wrote:
Sounds to me like Miami just wasn't prepared enough with their Plan B.

They executed well early, but then lost out on Cook. Things have gone South (seemingly) since.


Saw some tweets suggesting that it might have been the split playing time with Vernon that Bennett didn't like and thought he could prove himself better with another team.


Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: swerve13 and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.