View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Dolphins 'remain hopeful' they'll keep Long 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins 'remain hopeful' they'll keep Long
I think today is the day that he takes the Rams offer or comes back to talk things through with Miami.

Quote:
NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reported on Total Access Wednesday that the Dolphins still haven't ruled out re-signing free agent Jake Long.

Tweeted Long less than an hour ago, "Got the tour of STL today and was pleasantly surprised. Not selling our house in MIA though!" Reported Darlington, "I'm told that the Dolphins still do really like Long. They do still want him back." If the Rams were going to bowl Long over with a contract, we suspect it would have happened by now. Long's decision is clearly down to St. Louis and Miami.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/51169753/ ... ayer_news/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Dolphins 'remain hopeful' they'll keep Long
I think he goes to the Rams but their offer must not be so great since its taking this long

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'd hate to see him go, but I am on the fence with him. If he can get close to what he used to be, I would be excited to get him back, but I also don't know how he is physically. That physical at St Louis took a long time to complete. They are wary of his injury history as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to take a 1 year contract with us and try to hit the FA market again next year to show that he is healthy. We could use another year to work a draft pick into the position.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I would still draft OL even if he returns.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Does anyone know what's going on with Long? He went to St. Louis yesterday, took what I can only describe as the world's longest physical, and now he's returning back to Miami without a contract?

Is it me or do you guys think the Rams weren't willing to give him that monster deal he was looking for?

Maybe Long found out that the grass isn't greener in St. Louis? Maybe now he settles for a lesser contract and returns?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:48 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wkloiber13 wrote:
Does anyone know what's going on with Long? He went to St. Louis yesterday, took what I can only describe as the world's longest physical, and now he's returning back to Miami without a contract?

Is it me or do you guys think the Rams weren't willing to give him that monster deal he was looking for?

Maybe Long found out that the grass isn't greener in St. Louis? Maybe now he settles for a lesser contract and returns?

The Herald said the Dolphins are waiting for the market to be set on Long. They made sure to dispel the rumor that McKinnie had a scheduled visit so Long wouldn't be upset and move on. Long is still the Dolphins' Plan A.

His physical in St. Louis took seven hours.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Mindtornado wrote:
The Herald said the Dolphins are waiting for the market to be set on Long. They made sure to dispel the rumor that McKinnie had a scheduled visit so Long wouldn't be upset and move on. Long is still the Dolphins' Plan A.

His physical in St. Louis took seven hours.

I dont think Jake wants to leave unless another team makes an offer he just cant turn down. It would appear the numbers we are offering are not that offensive, so I think he may just stay...

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know this is just a side note but Ryan and Jake's wives are pretty close. Something tells me that plays a little bit of a factor as well. The Rams will have to be offering an amazing deal for Jake to leave. Just my opinion.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:28 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

cboy72 wrote:
I know this is just a side note but Ryan and Jake's wives are pretty close. Something tells me that plays a little bit of a factor as well. The Rams will have to be offering an amazing deal for Jake to leave. Just my opinion.

I was actually thinking about that as well. They formed quite a bond on Hard Knocks.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Sounds like #Rams & OT Jake Long are hammering out a deal. Could have a resolution soon, barring any snags. They are OK with him medically

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:07 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

IamPZ wrote:
cboy72 wrote:

I was actually thinking about that as well. They formed quite a bond on Hard Knocks.

Don't you mean Hard Knockers?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I hate feeling so dependent on one guy. Sparano was an OL coach and we never managed a decent OL. I want depth at this position so we are not an injury away from trouble. Draft OL even if Long does return.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]