View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Dustin Keller visiting Miami 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Dustin Keller visiting Miami
ArmandoSalguero TE Dustin Keller Is now getting a physical and if all checks out afterwords the club and his agent will talk terms.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Roto world just put up
Talks between TE Keller, Dolphins heating up

The Dolphins are giving free agent TE Dustin Keller a physical and will then proceed with contract negotiations.
It sounds like there's mutual interest in getting a deal done as soon as possible. Keller is likely asking for Jared Cook money, but will have to settle for something more like the four-year, $21 million deal Martellus Bennett got. The Dolphins have already spent a combined $42 million in guarantees alone on Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Seems out of order, aren't the contract terms generally negotiated and agreed upon first (with the assumption the player will pass the physical)..........then the player gets the physical.

Anyway, I think that's the way it goes............so it sounds like Keller's a Dolphin.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

Sweet. I think he'll be an upgrade.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:02 pm

When we talked about tight ends on Phinfever Live!, I stated that Keller was the guy I want the Dolphins to look at.

From a passing game perspective, he has been the most productive of all the free agent tight ends. His blocking might leave something to be desired, but with the signing of Mike Wallace, there will be less players in the box to block.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
When we talked about tight ends on Phinfever Live!, I stated that Keller was the guy I want the Dolphins to look at.

From a passing game perspective, he has been the most productive of all the free agent tight ends. His blocking might leave something to be desired, but with the signing of Mike Wallace, there will be less players in the box to block.

Cook, Finley, Keller ............ all of their blocking abilities are lackluster.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So if we sign Keller we're still left with no in-line blockers. In my opinion we still need to draft another tightend. I like Toilolo from Stanford. The guy is built like a OT but has soft hands. He's a great blocker and an absolute terror in the redzone. I think he'd complement Keller very well.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:19 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
So if we sign Keller we're still left with no in-line blockers. In my opinion we still need to draft another tightend. I like Toilolo from Stanford. The guy is built like a OT but has soft hands. He's a great blocker and an absolute terror in the redzone. I think he'd complement Keller very well.

Or we can convert Yeatman back to tight end.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Or we can convert Yeatman back to tight end.

Good idea plus the tight end spot can wait in the draft till the 5th round or something and we get the bpa early

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2