View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 How much is too much for Wallace??? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post How much is too much for Wallace???
I wonder if Wallace is going to fetch more than Miami is willing to pay? There are reports this morning of him landing a 15 million dollar a year multi year contract. Ireland has to have a figure in mind that he will not exceed. Breaking the bank on Wallace may leave Miami in a position where they can't fill other needs. There will be a breaking point where Wallace is deemed to expensive. What if Miami can sign Jennings and Cook for the same money it takes to land Wallace?

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: How much is too much for Wallace???
Its all about the guaranteed money.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

bobby0112 wrote:
I wonder if Wallace is going to fetch more than Miami is willing to pay? There are reports this morning of him landing a 15 million dollar a year multi year contract. Ireland has to have a figure in mind that he will not exceed. Breaking the bank on Wallace may leave Miami in a position where they can't fill other needs. There will be a breaking point where Wallace is deemed to expensive. What if Miami can sign Jennings and Cook for the same money it takes to land Wallace?

If it came down to Jennings and Cook being the same price as Wallace alone, no doubt in my mind I'd go for the duo. However, both are probably going to demand near $10m per so that scenario is highly unlikely.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:25 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

If I was to guess right now, I would say somewhere in the range 12 - 14 annual for Wallace. And maybe 6 years... Would work out better now as the initial hit would be small and his contract going up in year 2 & 3..

Seems the same with everyone, thats why guys like Dansby are starting to wear thin he was a big hit last year, this year he is actually lower. However without a restructure he will probably be gone after this season. He is a 11.5 mil hit in 2014....

And Jennings is going to be in the 7+ range I assume, depends on the amount of interest.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Still holding my original thought which is if we do not sign him I will not lose any sleep.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:00 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

FINesse wrote:
Still holding my original thought which is if we do not sign him I will not lose any sleep.

:yay:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I want Wallace in a Dolphins uniform as a first choice, but only if makes sense, otherwise, let's hope they get Jennings instead.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 pm

FINesse wrote:

YUP. :yay:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:02 pm

And if we do sign him I also will not do any jumping jacks just yet. things can get pretty sour in a hurry with a guy like him if losses pile up or Hartline is getting more throws.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
If I was to guess right now, I would say somewhere in the range 12 - 14 annual for Wallace. And maybe 6 years... Would work out better now as the initial hit would be small and his contract going up in year 2 & 3..

Seems the same with everyone, thats why guys like Dansby are starting to wear thin he was a big hit last year, this year he is actually lower. However without a restructure he will probably be gone after this season. He is a 11.5 mil hit in 2014....

And Jennings is going to be in the 7+ range I assume, depends on the amount of interest.

Hartline getting $6m a season makes it hard for me to believe that Jennings will be happy with $7m a season

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]