View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Terence Williams stock dipping? 
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Post Terence Williams stock dipping?
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.

I heard Mayock when he made that statement. All of these players have weaknesses that need to be improved.

At the end of the day, I think he still goes in the 2nd round and is very good value.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If he's still there in the 3rd....... :grin:
We have to pick him! But Ireland is picking so who the hell knows.... :cry:

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.

If he's still there in the late 2nd to mid 3rd, we need to pounce. This kid is a good football player.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.

I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm

MdDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!

DeAndre Hopkins is a kid I love, but I am not sure if he makes it to the 2nd round. He ran a 4.57 40 at the combine and 4.52 40 at Clemson Pro Day today.

He plays at that speed and his ball skills are very good. He was good in the drills at the combine and he was good in the drills today.

I did not mock him to Miami because I did not think he would be there, so we will see how things develop these next few weeks.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]