View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:55 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Terence Williams stock dipping? 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 5954
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Terence Williams stock dipping?
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.


Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5542
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.


Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
A lot of teams have third-round grades on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.
Mayock believes Williams followed up a less than average Senior Bowl with a poor COmbine performance, showing little explosiveness in lower body tests. Apparently, teams see him as a glider or smooth athlete who lacks a quick twitch or second gear.



I heard Mayock when he made that statement. All of these players have weaknesses that need to be improved.

At the end of the day, I think he still goes in the 2nd round and is very good value.

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
If he's still there in the 3rd....... :grin:
We have to pick him! But Ireland is picking so who the hell knows.... :cry:


Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:55 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
jammer wrote:
He would be a great pick if he's still there in the 3rd Rd. I think he'd be a good pick at the end of the 2nd as well.


If he's still there in the late 2nd to mid 3rd, we need to pounce. This kid is a good football player.


Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
Phins Rock wrote:
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!


Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3382
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Terence Williams stock dipping?
MdDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
That's what I've been trying to say on Williams. I like him, but he's a little stiff.

I still think he goes in the 2nd round. He just have good vertical speed, nice hands, uses his body well both short and deep, and plays tough over the middle.


I rather Hopkins or Bailey over him in the 2nd. He catches the ball waaaay to much with his body and he has little to no wiggle and falls after first contact!


DeAndre Hopkins is a kid I love, but I am not sure if he makes it to the 2nd round. He ran a 4.57 40 at the combine and 4.52 40 at Clemson Pro Day today.

He plays at that speed and his ball skills are very good. He was good in the drills at the combine and he was good in the drills today.

I did not mock him to Miami because I did not think he would be there, so we will see how things develop these next few weeks.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.