View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Eagles like Sean Smith 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Eagles like Sean Smith
Quote:
CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher says the Eagles are interested in free agent CB Sean Smith, but at the right price.
Smith's price continues to rise, and latest reports are that he's seeking "at least" $24 million guaranteed. Philadelphia is bone dry in the secondary with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie a free agent and Nnamdi Asomugha looking at possibly getting released. After those two, there isn't much to work with.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Eagles like Sean Smith
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher says the Eagles are interested in free agent CB Sean Smith, but at the right price.
Smith's price continues to rise, and latest reports are that he's seeking "at least" $24 million guaranteed. Philadelphia is bone dry in the secondary with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie a free agent and Nnamdi Asomugha looking at possibly getting released. After those two, there isn't much to work with.

Philly said they want him at the right price. I don't think they want Sean at what he is asking for, and I would think Philly would have learned a lesson after paying big money for both Asomugha and Cromartie and both turn out to be big disappointments.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

They can have him!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Sean Smith is a good corner but he is not worth breaking the bank to keep.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "maybe the most coveted" name on the free-agent cornerback market is Sean Smith.
Rapoport lists the Eagles, 49ers, Buccaneers, and Lions as teams that "value" Smith. All are cornerback needy, and Philadelphia reportedly likes Smith "a ton." Rapoport suggests the Eagles may let free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie walk, sign Smith, and bring back Nnamdi Asomugha on a restructured contract.

I really don't understand what these teams like so much about him. Is it his great hands and playmaking ability? And willingness to sacrifice his body? LOL

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There are a number of teams looking at Sean Smith. He does have upside in that he improves every year, but when Dolphins coaches and their fans are willing to let him walk than pay his asking price speaks volumes about his inconsistent performance on the field.

I mean, does anyone here think we should pay his asking price ... even if free agency does inflate their price tags? I just can't do it.

Quote:
Sean Smith may break bank in free agency

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "maybe the most coveted" name on the free-agent cornerback market is Sean Smith.

Rapoport lists the Eagles, 49ers, Buccaneers, and Lions as teams that "value" Smith. All are cornerback needy, and Philadelphia reportedly likes Smith "a ton." Rapoport suggests the Eagles may let free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie walk, sign Smith, and bring back Nnamdi Asomugha on a restructured contract.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50946739/ ... ayer_news/

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
According to former teammate Vontae Davis, free agent Sean Smith is "talking" to the Chiefs.
"I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said (he's) talking to KC him & (Brandon) Flowers will make a good duo," was Davis' specific tweet. That, of course, is tampering, but such talks are rarely policed this time of year. The Chiefs had a big hole opposite Flowers after letting Brandon Carr walk last season, and have relatively few high picks in this year's draft. That could mean they'll be looking to fill some needs via free agency. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Smith is "maybe the most coveted" corner on the market.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I wonder if Vontae told his grandmother before he tweeted that

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'm sure Sean appreciates him publicly admitting to him being tampered with lol.

Vontae is so dumb.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:48 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
According to former teammate Vontae Davis, free agent Sean Smith is "talking" to the Chiefs.
"I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said (he's) talking to KC him & (Brandon) Flowers will make a good duo," was Davis' specific tweet. That, of course, is tampering, but such talks are rarely policed this time of year. The Chiefs had a big hole opposite Flowers after letting Brandon Carr walk last season, and have relatively few high picks in this year's draft. That could mean they'll be looking to fill some needs via free agency. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Smith is "maybe the most coveted" corner on the market.

That's why he's no longer with the team. He is a KID in a man's body...people like that don't get it and never will!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'll be glad when they're both finally gone.
Still sickens me that we passed on Clay Matthews and Hakeem Nicks for that guy. My 2 favorite players entering that draft.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]