View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Georgial OLB Jarvis Jones 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Georgial OLB Jarvis Jones
This is from ProFootballTalk.com. Some teams are going to have to make a tough call on this young man. He made it through Georgia with no problems, but some teams still have major concerns.

Jarvis Jones’ neck causes red flag for multiple teams
Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2013, 12:06 PM EST
Jones AP

It’s a cocktail of injuries that will keep Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones from working out at the Scouting Combine. But it’s an injury that forced him out of Southern Cal that is getting NFL teams to yank him off their draft boards.

Per a league source, Jones’ neck has prompted multiple teams to shy away from considering him, especially in round one. He left USC due to concerns over his spinal stenosis. The fact that Georgia welcomed him with open arms shows that reasonable medical minds will differ on whether to take the risk associated with a narrowed spinal canal.

While some team surely will be willing to roll the dice on one of the top defensive players in the draft pool, multiple teams already have decided to avoid him.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Georgial OLB Jarvis Jones
DaQuan Bowers 2.0?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
League personnel are reportedly not surprised Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones is skipping Combine workouts because he's not expected to "test very well" in the 40-yard dash and vertical leap.
"Numerous sources" tell NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah that Jones needs extra time to improve his test numbers because his measurable athleticism is unimpressive. Jones is the only player sitting out the Combine despite being 100 percent. It's quite possible his "stock will drop" if he tests poorly at Pro Day.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:24 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

His situation is definitely taken a turn for the worst if you are Jarvis. With that being said, I look at what the kid did in the best conference in America, and he was dominant in his time with Georgia and missed very few games, and none because of his condition.

He may not test well and the condition is a concern, but when you put his film on, he is a playmaker and difference maker. And at the end of the day, I still see him going in the 1st round.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Bills and Jets could both use him.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

phinsfansc wrote:
His situation is definitely taken a turn for the worst if you are Jarvis. With that being said, I look at what the kid did in the best conference in America, and he was dominant in his time with Georgia and missed very few games, and none because of his condition.

He may not test well and the condition is a concern, but when you put his film on, he is a playmaker and difference maker. And at the end of the day, I still see him going in the 1st round.

If he slips to the 2nd round I would take him in an instant! That would be a steal in my opinion.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]