View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dolphins talk contract with Reggie Bush's Agent 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins talk contract with Reggie Bush's Agent
Didnt see this posted any where. Nice to see they are at least making an attempt to resign him.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... -deal.html

Would love to see him back. Especially since my brother bought me an authentic Bush jersey for being the best man at his wedding! LOL

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins talk contract with Reggie Bush's Agent
Honestly as much as I'd like him back, we're never going to utilize him like he should be. Sad, he could be so dangerous out there in the passing game.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:19 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Honestly as much as I'd like him back, we're never going to utilize him like he should be. Sad, he could be so dangerous out there in the passing game.

It sounds like Ireland wants Miller to be the guy. So Bush should be looking to go somewhere where he will be utilised better, and therefore willing to pay him more.

Bush is a talented guy and a good clubhouse guy. But I don't think the fit is right for him and Miami.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree with you Rock & why they won't plan to use his strengths as a third down back, he could definitely be like a Daren Sproles and be used on swing passes; screens and out of the slot for many mismatches against tight ends.

If they use him that way & bring him back for a good price, in my opinion you definitely do that as he is still young, he is a professional with his attitude and he is still fast and talented.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The article is stating that Miami wants Bush back as a 3rd down back. Its all going to come down to price. What can Bush sign for elsewhere?

"As I have reported and is apparently confirmed by Miami's approach, the Dolphins have a price set for Bush. The team wants Bush. But the Dolphins want Bush at their price.

What does that mean?

It means the Dolphins are comfortable with the idea of having Lamar Miller take the reins as the lead back. Bush, according to general manager Jeff Ireland, is seemingly more suited to a third-down spot or some role slotted as a receiver.

"You’d love to have his skill set on the football team," Ireland said. "I mean Reggie has a unique set of skill sets. He’s been a receiver, he’s been a primary running back. So I definitely see a role for that type of skill set."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:07 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Exactly! He wants the both of them on the field at the same time!

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]