View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Who do you want and why? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Who do you want and why?
If the Dolphins select 2 WR in this draft considering they pick up a FA WR....who do you want and why? This is in no particular order by the way.....

1) Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennesse)
2) Keenan Allen (California)
3) Justin Hunter (Tennesse)
4) DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson)
5) Quinton Patton (Lousiana Tech)
6) Robert Woods (USC)
7) Terrence Williams (Baylor)
8) Tavon Austin (West Virgina)
9) Marquise Goodwin (Texas)
10) Markus Wheaton (Oregon State)
11) Stedman Bailey (West Virginia)
12) Da'rick Rogers (Tennesse Tech)

Personally....I can't pick just two but I will try....

Patterson and Patton....I think

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Who do you want and why?
MdDolfan wrote:
If the Dolphins select 2 WR in this draft considering they pick up a FA WR....who do you want and why? This is in no particular order by the way.....

1) Cordarrelle Patterson (Tennesse)
2) Keenan Allen (California)
3) Justin Hunter (Tennesse)
4) DeAndre Hopkins (Clemson)
5) Quinton Patton (Lousiana Tech)
6) Robert Woods (USC)
7) Terrence Williams (Baylor)
8) Tavon Austin (West Virgina)
9) Marquise Goodwin (Texas)
10) Markus Wheaton (Oregon State)
11) Stedman Bailey (West Virginia)
12) Da'rick Rogers (Tennesse Tech)

Personally....I can't pick just two but I will try....

Patterson and Patton....I think

It's highly unlikely that we draft him but my favorite WR on this list because he has size, speed, catches with his hands and not afraid to go over the middle is Da'rick Rogers! But he has character issues so we may pass but I'd love to take a chance on him. IMO he's just as good as Julio Jones and AJ Green!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Is it pronounced Da Rick, or Darick? lol Cause I would want people to call me Da Rick....

For round one I like Allen, if paired with Wallace. And I like Patterson if paired with Jennings. However without Wallace we will still lack speed at the position.

So I like Austin's speed if we do not land a fast FA, hes rated as the fastest in the draft at 4.38 40 time but is a reach at 12 and probably will be gone in the second. Not sure how that could be solved tho, I dont want to move up for him either...
So second round would be Dobsin or Patton depending on availability.

I know you said pick two, but its hard being I feel we need a lot of help at that position. Retaining Hartline would make things easier as we have the sure handed hot read for RT while he builds chemistry with the rest.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

They're not drafting 2 WR's high if they re-sign Hartline and bring in a FA.

My 2 favorite WR's, just considering potential value where we can get them, and their scheme fit: Terrance Williams, Markus Wheaton.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It all depends on who we get in Free Agency. If we get Wallace, then we look for someone like Bowe........If we get Bowe, then we look for someone like Wallace. Just saying, it all depends on what we do in FA.

By the way, I put the odds of us re-signing Hartline at < 20%. He should get a pretty good deal in FA, say $3-$4 mil/yr..........I doubt the Dolphins will go there.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

shularino wrote:
It all depends on who we get in Free Agency. If we get Wallace, then we look for someone like Bowe........If we get Bowe, then we look for someone like Wallace. Just saying, it all depends on what we do in FA.

By the way, I put the odds of us re-signing Hartline at < 20%. He should get a pretty good deal in FA, say $3-$4 mil/yr..........I doubt the Dolphins will go there.

I think Miami would be happy to pay Hartline 4 mil/yr.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm

jammer wrote:
shularino wrote:

I think Miami would be happy to pay Hartline 4 mil/yr.

Yeah, 4 million a year is a pretty reasonable deal I think. I'd be very hesitant to pay over 5, but 4 is good.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I love how this turns into a "well it depends on what we do in free agency" when the guy is clearly asking for an opinion of what two receivers you like....

I'd have to say Tavon Austin above all... I don't care about his size one bit... this kid is a gamer and can and will be just as effective as Percy Harvin, without the migraines.

I haven't really looked at the other guys too much yet.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:
Is it pronounced Da Rick, or Darick? lol Cause I would want people to call me Da Rick....

For round one I like Allen, if paired with Wallace. And I like Patterson if paired with Jennings. However without Wallace we will still lack speed at the position.

So I like Austin's speed if we do not land a fast FA, hes rated as the fastest in the draft at 4.38 40 time but is a reach at 12 and probably will be gone in the second. Not sure how that could be solved tho, I dont want to move up for him either...
So second round would be Dobsin or Patton depending on availability.

I know you said pick two, but its hard being I feel we need a lot of help at that position. Retaining Hartline would make things easier as we have the sure handed hot read for RT while he builds chemistry with the rest.

I think It's pronounced Darick like Derrick but with an A....let me be the first to say that I think this kid is the best WR in the draft. He would be a top 5 pick ala AJ Green and Julio Jones if it weren't for his off the field issues.
He failed drug tests like Tyronne Mathui but unlike the Badger Rogers went to another school and stayed clean while being on his best behavior. No he's no saint but if you weigh the good and bad and also the fact we can get this kid in the 2nd round....IT'S A WIN FOR US!
I'm on the Da'rick Rogers Bandwagon full speed ahead...I just hope Ireland and Philbin are too!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Have to share this mock from Drafttek (I read there stuff every now and then).

They have Miami taking the following:

12. Keenan Allen
42. Ezekiel Anash
54. Zach Ertz
77. Leon McFadden
82. Montee Ball

Just to put it into perspective, they are mocking Mike Glennon and Ryan Nassib in the 5th round.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 am

jammer wrote:

12. Keenan Allen
42. Ezekiel Anash
54. Zach Ertz
77. Leon McFadden
82. Montee Ball

Just to put it into perspective, they are mocking Mike Glennon and Ryan Nassib in the 5th round.

So in other words, they have no idea what they're talking about?

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

MdDolfan wrote:
I think It's pronounced Darick like Derrick but with an A....let me be the first to say that I think this kid is the best WR in the draft. He would be a top 5 pick ala AJ Green and Julio Jones if it weren't for his off the field issues.
He failed drug tests like Tyronne Mathui but unlike the Badger Rogers went to another school and stayed clean while being on his best behavior. No he's no saint but if you weigh the good and bad and also the fact we can get this kid in the 2nd round....IT'S A WIN FOR US!
I'm on the Da'rick Rogers Bandwagon full speed ahead...I just hope Ireland and Philbin are too!

OMG another pot smokin hippy no way... LOL... He had no issues in 2012, I would imagine he kicked the habit.
What an archaic society we live in where kids are taught that natural non toxic plants are bad and deadly drugs like nicotine and alcohol are ok...

I like his overall game, and he is a good fit for our system. He is big, has speed, makes tough catches.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
jammer wrote:

12. Keenan Allen
42. Ezekiel Anash
54. Zach Ertz
77. Leon McFadden
82. Montee Ball

So in other words, they have no idea what they're talking about?

Pretty much. It was almost like a Dolphin fan put this thing together so they could land each player we all assume is about the most coveted at their position.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

jammer wrote:

12. Keenan Allen
42. Ezekiel Anash
54. Zach Ertz
77. Leon McFadden
82. Montee Ball

Ansah won't make it out of Round 1

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]