Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Quote:
...

How did the 49ers play so well on the road against one of the NFL’s top teams? Quarterback coach Geep Chryst said Wednesday at the Super Bowl that, believe it or not, the Dolphins deserve some of the credit.

The 49ers had just hosted the Dolphins the week before, and though the final score was 27-13, the game was much closer than that.

...

“You say, ‘Wow, we just had to play a game where we had to fight and scratch and claw, and so we need that same mindset on the road,’” Chryst said. “We had to earn what we had to earn against Miami, and that was the theme.”

Chryst came away from that game impressed with the Dolphins’ tenacity on defense.

...

“First off, just sound football players and a real sound scheme,” Chryst said. “They might not be household names, but I thought they played real well together and they were aggressive and downhill.

...


http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -patriots/


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4622
Location: MA.
So we are a farm team for preparing for the Patriots...

Such a compliment


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Kev1321 wrote:
So we are a farm team for preparing for the Patriots...

Such a compliment


I'll take that as a complinment coming from a team known for great D! Kevin Coyle should be smiling at that comment and know he's doing something right.....now let's get a DE, CB (draft or FA) and S then we can see this D get even better. Same coaches and philosophy next year = continuity!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
MdDolfan wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
So we are a farm team for preparing for the Patriots...

Such a compliment


I'll take that as a complinment coming from a team known for great D! Kevin Coyle should be smiling at that comment and know he's doing something right.....now let's get a DE, CB (draft or FA) and S then we can see this D get even better. Same coaches and philosophy next year = continuity!!!


Of course it should be taken as a compliment. We are on our way up as others in our division are headed towards the bottom. 2014-we overtake the evil empire.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5316
Location: Wellington, FL
Yeah NE averages 34.8 a game, best in the NFL. If you cant score 35 points there is a real chance you lose unlike Miami, where the offense only needs to put up 19 points to beat us....


Two ways to win, out score your opponent on offense, or stop them on defense..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5107
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Dolfanrar wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
So we are a farm team for preparing for the Patriots...

Such a compliment


I'll take that as a complinment coming from a team known for great D! Kevin Coyle should be smiling at that comment and know he's doing something right.....now let's get a DE, CB (draft or FA) and S then we can see this D get even better. Same coaches and philosophy next year = continuity!!!


Of course it should be taken as a compliment. We are on our way up as others in our division are headed towards the bottom. 2014-we overtake the evil empire.

OK ... it only took 13 years to come up with a ...target year of 2014 to finally overtake a team that has nowhere to go but down when it comes to the division. Please, when a team other than NE finally takes control of this division it will be because of Bradys declining skills & not what great moves other teams have done. IF the Dolphins, Jets & Bills had decent front offices there would be parody in the division for all these years.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11201
Location: Lancaster, PA
we're not that far away guys


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5488
Location: Columbia, SC
Miami defense matches up very well with the 49ers. They are a power football team and the Dolphins can definitely line up and play power football on defense.

The Dolphins held NE to their lowest out put yardage wise in the game in Miami. They did not get much pressure on Brady in the rematch, but considering how much the D was on the field, they played well in that game.

The defense is not far away at all.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r