View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins
What do you all think? Does this kid slip deep into the first and second round and do you take someone else with pick number 12, let this kid slip more THEN trade to snare him later?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9776.story

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins
With some of the juniors coming out, I think Terrance is going to drop into the 2nd round. If he there in the 2nd round, he is a great value pick.

I'm liking Enkezial Ansah, the DE from BYU a lot at #12. An explosive pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake is needed.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:17 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Finhead34 wrote:
What do you all think? Does this kid slip deep into the first and second round and do you take someone else with pick number 12, let this kid slip more THEN trade to snare him later?

I've made the list on another thread saying I like about 8 WR in this draft and I hope we land 2 of them with Wallace in FA. WillIams is about 5th on that list. I think we could get him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MdDolfan wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I've made the list on another thread saying I like about 8 WR in this draft and I hope we land 2 of them with Wallace in FA. WillIams is about 5th on that list. I think we could get him with our 2nd pick in the 2nd round!

Am I understanding you correctly: that you want to sign Wallace AND draft two WR's early??

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

degs wrote:

Am I understanding you correctly: that you want to sign Wallace AND draft two WR's early??

Sounds good to me...

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I still like DE int he 1st rd, it will make our secondary stronger as well. Sign Wallace. BAM!! 3 needs are met with a FA signing, and a 1st rd pick. then go for value after that.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:58 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Mike Wallace is going to be very hard to sign, probably a lot of bidders.

If Williams slips into the 2nd round I think he is a very realistic option.

I think the best REALISTIC outcome for Miami at the WR position is to sign Greg Jennings (overpay of course), re-sign Hartline and draft Williams at 42.

I still like Cobi Hamilton as a Red Zone target if they are doubling down on WR.

Why can't free agency start next week?????? I hate the waiting game!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mak, I like the Defensive End pick at 12 too. Get another Cameron Wake type to reek havoc in the backfield and we all know that leads to the defensive backs making more plays as well.

Wallace at this point and drafting a receiver perhaps with the second pick that could add to being a play maker on offense would be fantastic to me.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

degs wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Hell Yeah if the guys we LOVE are there...if not then I'd settle for the next WR picked in the 4th or 5th but no later!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

the latest Walterfootball mock draft has us taking a Safety out of Texas... brings back some bad memories but I dont really know anything about the kid.

Quote:
Miami Dolphins: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
It's a bit shocking that the Dolphins didn't obtain a safety in the 2012 NFL Draft. Yeremiah Bell was cut earlier this offseason, but all they found as a potential replacement was the mediocre Tyrell Johnson. Now, Chris Clemons is a free agent, so if he walks, Miami will have to find someone talented to play next to Reshad Jones.

Kenny Vaccaro is the consensus top player available. He has a shot to sneak into the top 10; there's been some speculation that the Lions will consider him at No. 5, but I think the Jets at No. 9 are a more realistic option.

Pick change; previously Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
the latest Walterfootball mock draft has us taking a Safety out of Texas... brings back some bad memories but I dont really know anything about the kid.

Quote:
It's a bit shocking that the Dolphins didn't obtain a safety in the 2012 NFL Draft. Yeremiah Bell was cut earlier this offseason, but all they found as a potential replacement was the mediocre Tyrell Johnson. Now, Chris Clemons is a free agent, so if he walks, Miami will have to find someone talented to play next to Reshad Jones.

Kenny Vaccaro is the consensus top player available. He has a shot to sneak into the top 10; there's been some speculation that the Lions will consider him at No. 5, but I think the Jets at No. 9 are a more realistic option.

This guy has changed his pick several times over. Unless Vaccaro is the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, or Miami addresses WR, OL and DE in free agency then I can't see going after him at 12.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:40 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I really dont know why people are so set on defense, our defense give up 19.8 points per game, top 10 in the league...

Our offense on the other hand is bottom of the heap as one of the worst scoring offenses.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:47 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Ansah is still a little raw. Could play with more leverage. Gets too high at times. But, man does he have good awareness and athletic ability. Violent hands too.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Terrence reminds me of Ted Ginn Jr. Lots of speed, but he looks to go out of bounds and goes down with arm tackles............after he gets his bell rung, I'm afraid he'll turn into another Alligator Arms.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I really dont know why people are so set on defense, our defense give up 19.8 points per game, top 10 in the league...

Our offense on the other hand is bottom of the heap as one of the worst scoring offenses.

I think a lot of people who do mocks order their players and then find reasons why teams should draft them in that order.

And while I do agree that our O needs a lot more help than our D, I do believe in having some semblance of balance in the draft. Particularly if we sign a big name FA or two on offense.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

degs wrote:
Particularly if we sign a big name FA or two on offense.

Exactly. But its not just limited to offense as there are some good DEs and CBs that could be available in FA. Hard to predict anything until we see where the Fins drop a few bucks come March 9th.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

shularino wrote:
Terrence reminds me of Ted Ginn Jr. Lots of speed, but he looks to go out of bounds and goes down with arm tackles............after he gets his bell rung, I'm afraid he'll turn into another Alligator Arms.

I see the same thing with this kid...he's fast but no YAC! That's why I'm on the Da'rick Rogers bandwagon! Yes I k ow our regimes rules on character and I respect it but this kid is a BEAST! He will be there in the 2nd! IRELAND...GROW SOME AND PICK THIS KID!!!!

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:

Quote:

I'm starting to really like Vaccaro and so are NFL scouts and GM's. He's an all around stud. And alot of people compare him to Adrian Wilson. Hits hard, always around the ball, great hands, makes interceptions and forces fumbles. Would be a dynamic duo with Reshad Jones. Experts are now saying he will likely go top 8, so we may not have a shot, but if he is there I would take him.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

hypocritex wrote:
Ansah is still a little raw. Could play with more leverage. Gets too high at times. But, man does he have good awareness and athletic ability. Violent hands too.

my original pick for us was Ansah, but he doesnt appear to be the athlete people thought he was. It was reported that he is not the same kind of player that Pierre-Paul is. He is so raw, doesnt have any pass rush moves. Relies purely on strength. So i have changed my pick from Ansah to Vaccaro. Patterson would be my 2nd option.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
10acjed wrote:

I think a lot of people who do mocks order their players and then find reasons why teams should draft them in that order.

And while I do agree that our O needs a lot more help than our D, I do believe in having some semblance of balance in the draft. Particularly if we sign a big name FA or two on offense.

Walter football is correct in his thinking, you don't always draft whatever your biggest need is. In round 1 you draft for talent (BPA) , Miami may not consider any WR worthy of the 12 overall pick. Especially when we can get Markus Wheaton or Deandre Hopkins at pick #42.

Right now i'd narrow it down to Vaccaro, Fisher, Patterson, Milliner, Banks and Ansah for us.
Scouts are now saying that Jordan cannot play defensive end at the next level. He will project to outside linebacker.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

Walter football is correct in his thinking, you don't always draft whatever your biggest need is. In round 1 you draft for talent (BPA) , Miami may not consider any WR worthy of the 12 overall pick. Especially when we can get Markus Wheaton or Deandre Hopkins at pick #42.

Right now i'd narrow it down to Vaccaro, Fisher, Patterson, Milliner, Banks and Ansah for us.
Scouts are now saying that Jordan cannot play defensive end at the next level. He will project to outside linebacker.

Yeah it seems thats what most draft guru's do. However I am not 100% on their strategy.
I do understand the logic, I just think some teams are in different positions which makes just grabbing the "BPA" rather pointless. We could use help in the secondary before a DE as far as I see it, yeah it would be great to have 2 wakes, but we are succesful with what we have so it can be a development player.

Still need to see what happens in FA and with our FA. Osi is rumored to be hitting the open market now, not a bad combo opposite Wake...

I just try and look at someone who can contribute from week one, and help us win. Being our offense cant score I just feel its the most important area. Whether it be a WR, TE or bite my tongue another OL...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This guy has changed his pick several times over. Unless Vaccaro is the 2nd coming of Ed Reed, or Miami addresses WR, OL and DE in free agency then I can't see going after him at 12.

Quote:
NFL Newtork's Albert Breer relayed some thoughts one anonymous scout has on Texas senior Kenny Vaccaro, including that the S is "that type of athlete" that can matchup with TEs in the NFL.
The Scout added Vaccaro, "could be a first- or second-round pick. He can cover, play the run and he's a big hitter. He'll take your head off. He's got all the skills we look for at that position in today's game. A new-age safety." The Longhorns defense was gauged by Oklahoma State last Saturday, but they face a much stiffer test this weekend against West Virginia.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Yeah it seems thats what most draft guru's do. However I am not 100% on their strategy.
I do understand the logic, I just think some teams are in different positions which makes just grabbing the "BPA" rather pointless. We could use help in the secondary before a DE as far as I see it, yeah it would be great to have 2 wakes, but we are succesful with what we have so it can be a development player.

Still need to see what happens in FA and with our FA. Osi is rumored to be hitting the open market now, not a bad combo opposite Wake...

I just try and look at someone who can contribute from week one, and help us win. Being our offense cant score I just feel its the most important area. Whether it be a WR, TE or bite my tongue another OL...

Vaccaro will probbaly be a top 3 or 4 safety as a rookie. He is that good. He may have a more immediate impact than any player in this draft.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I know all these guys have down sides but I like Williams still , out of all of them.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:30 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:
Vaccaro will probbaly be a top 3 or 4 safety as a rookie. He is that good. He may have a more immediate impact than any player in this draft.

I see that in him as well, he may not make it to 12. I am not doubting him at all, or saying its even a "bad pick" I just think we have other glaring issues that need to be addressed first..

I mean its pre-draft so not like everything cant change with a FA pick up. I have said in every thread regarding it, if we retain Hartline and pick up a top FA WR it changes my thoughts on the draft.

Out of the top 10 scoring offenses in 2012 only 2 were not in the post season. We do not compare with them offensively and until we can start scoring our defense will only get us so far.
Defenses wins championships, however without an offense we cant even make the wildcard lol...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]