View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:32 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Long wants 10 mill a year 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 71
Location: Princeton,IL
Post Long wants 10 mill a year
I don't think he's going to get this much from us.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -annually/


Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3447
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Maybe he is asking for 10 so that he can get 7-8? 10 sounds just a bit to high. Well maybe more than a bit.


Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2435
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
So do I. Maybe he and I can work together on achieving our mutual goal


Last edited by degs on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Hit the road Jake.


Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3410
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Not sure what to think. I do know that Jake has been hurt and unable to finish the last 2 season, and his play has dropped.

He not ELITE anymore, but I still think he is a solid OLT, when HEALTHY. I think Miami is in the 6-7 mill/per year range. That tells me the Dolphins are ready to move on.

Jonathan Martin better be in the weight room.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3755
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
degs wrote:
So do I. Maybe he and I can work together on achieving our mutual goal

:)

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4508
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
I recall reading reports that he was struggling with the new zone blocking. I wonder if he feels he is better suited elsewhere, and this is just a way to move on..

I could see a team putting up big money and taking a chance on Jake.

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8746
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
phinsfansc wrote:
Not sure what to think. I do know that Jake has been hurt and unable to finish the last 2 season, and his play has dropped.


I don't know what to think either. Jonathan Martin was average or below average at LT. I'm not sure if he is a good RT. Maybe he'll improve this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Long signing an incentive laden deal that could bump him up easily to $10/11 million if he can play at his pre-injury level. With teams willing to take a chance on him, I don't see that happening.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21169
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
This is actually less than I thought he would ask for. Everyone thought he would ask for a Joe Thomas-type contract, but Thomas is getting paid $11.5 million.

I think there is an opportunity then to resign Long because I'm sure he is starting higher than what he actually expects. Maybe in hopes that someone else makes an offer, but seriously, teams do their homework nowadays. They aren't going to go all in on a player with Long's decline and injury history.

I predict he'll be a Dolphin when all is said and done.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8955
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
I'd offer him a 6-7 mil yr contract with incentives for playing time, pro-bowl, performance, etc., that come in around 10-11mil.


Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
I don't want his incentives reaching 10 million.

I don't care how good you are, were, could be....At that position, I'm not paying 8 figures per year to anybody.


Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Phins Rock wrote:
I don't want his incentives reaching 10 million.

I don't care how good you are, were, could be....At that position, I'm not paying 8 figures per year to anybody.


I agree. My target year of overtaking the evil empire is 2014. I don't see Long in our 2-5 year future. Let him walk now unless he takes significantly less. Even then it would need to be an incentive laden contract.


Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3755
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Dolfanrar wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I don't want his incentives reaching 10 million.

I don't care how good you are, were, could be....At that position, I'm not paying 8 figures per year to anybody.


I agree. My target year of overtaking the evil empire is 2014. I don't see Long in our 2-5 year future. Let him walk now unless he takes significantly less. Even then it would need to be an incentive laden contract.


Good call , my target year is 2014 as well , only I made that prediction in 2001. Our 13 year plan is right on target.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
FINesse wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I don't want his incentives reaching 10 million.

I don't care how good you are, were, could be....At that position, I'm not paying 8 figures per year to anybody.


I agree. My target year of overtaking the evil empire is 2014. I don't see Long in our 2-5 year future. Let him walk now unless he takes significantly less. Even then it would need to be an incentive laden contract.


Good call , my target year is 2014 as well , only I made that prediction in 2001. Our 13 year plan is right on target.


Our what plan?!?!?! :embarrassed:


Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
Long is a monster risk at this point in his career. Similar to when we signed Smiley and Grove, this deal has the same red flags. The Dolphins need to make an honest and serious evaluation of Long's health, and then stick to whatever number they're comfortable with. Honestly, it might be best to move on.


Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2345
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
I would rather see him gone. I wanted the team to deal him last year before the season. Too late now.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2435
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Long wants 10 mill a year
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I would rather see him gone. I wanted the team to deal him last year before the season. Too late now.


That makes two of us.


Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Kev1321, phinsfanmel and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.