View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Senior Bowl is now on 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Senior Bowl is now on
The NFL Network.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:14 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Senior Bowl is now on
I'm really upset I missed the practices this week. Have some catching up to do today in this game!

EJ Manuel is the biggest tease I've ever seen at QB.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:25 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock wrote:
I'm really upset I missed the practices this week. Have some catching up to do today in this game!

EJ Manuel is the biggest tease I've ever seen at QB.

Agreed. If EJ was more consistent, he has all the tools you would want from a physical and maturity makeup.

Ansah looks good right now along with Goodwin, the burner WR from Texas. The NFL Network use to show the practices after the 7:00 show, but they did not do that this year. I sure as hell was looking for it.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Kyle Long is a very interesting OL prospect. He played OT at Oregon, but he is playing OG at the Senior Bowl. He pulled on a play a few moments ago and he has real nice movement skills.

He a kid to keep an eye on. A kid I like at S that just made a play was Bacarri Rambo, the safety out of Georgia that just had a pick.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Mr. Ansah is looking GOOD. Motor, power and speed for a big man.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:04 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
Mr. Ansah is looking GOOD. Motor, power and speed for a big man.

He's a ridiculous athlete...He's going to absolutely blow up the combine.

Problem I have is that there is hardly any tape of him at BYU rushing the passer from the edge. They lined him inside the tackle consistently on run downs, and then at DT on pass downs. Can he rush the passer from a 7 or wide 9 technique?

You would think so given his size/speed/strength and long arms, but he hasn't really shown it, so it's a huge projection.

Goodwin is explosive man. Texas really under utilized him. I heard this week that some like him better than Tavon Austin because he's got the same speed and quickness in a bigger body.

Even though he's got shorter arms than you'd like, I think Kyle Long is a tackle. Looks like a nice, athletic prospect. Would fit our blocking scheme well.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:08 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Not going to be a lot of tape on Ansah because he has only been playing organized football for 2 years. This was his first year as a starter for BYU. Kid is raw, but he has undeniable talent. Just had a sack w/force fumble.

Yeah, I think Long could be a nice ORT. Another kid that has looked good is Blidi Wreh-Wilson, the CB from Connecticut. Big corner with nice feet, hips and cover skills.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:21 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I really like Goodwin (Texas) but where is my boy Quinton Patton? Also agree on Long being a good pick as a Guard but it just goes to show you if our FO does it's homework starting caliber OL will be there in later rounds enabling us to use high picks on playmaking WR, TE, CB & DE!

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Larry Warford, the OG from Kentucky looks stout, powerful with good feet. BW Webb, the CB from William & Mary looks like a nice cornerback prospect.

Xavier Goodson of Missouri, Vince Williams of FSU and Nico Johnson of Alabama have been solid at the linebacker position. Lane Johnson, the OLT from Oklahoma is very athletic, as he was a former TE. He has looked very good.

Cornelius Washington, the DE/OLB from Georgia could be a nice mid round pick. He has looked good and the DT from Purdue, Kawann Short has been a handful for most of the game.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:57 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Quote:
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah says BYU DL Ezekiel Ansah has split NFL evaluators after his performance in Mobile.Some teams left Senior Bowl week worried about Ansah while others "are still bullish on the incredible upside of the BYU defender." Ziggy was asked to rush from the edge on one on ones and looked far more comfortable the final day of practice against the run, but he struggled all week to shed from blockers when pass rushing.

- NFL.com

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Robert Alford, the Southeastern Louisiana CB has a 95 yard kickoff return and has looked solid as a cover corner. RB Kenyon Barner of Oregon has 7 catches in the game. If the Dolphins don't resign Reggie Bush, this is a burner of a RB that you could get later in the draft that would be a nice change up and is a homerun threat, like LeMichael James has been for the 49ers.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]