Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 244
Phins Rock wrote:
I think a better indicator is to look at the past 10 drafts, not 10 Super Bowls.

Prior to this season, David Garrard and TJ Yates were the only non-1st round QB's who were drafted in the last 10 years to have won a Playoff game...1 each.

This season saw others...Kaepernick, Wilson, Schaub.

Every rule has exceptions...but the 1st round QB theory is becoming a pretty firm rule.


Romo, 2009 season beat iggles....and he wasn't even drafted.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:15 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Project86JLL13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I think a better indicator is to look at the past 10 drafts, not 10 Super Bowls.

Prior to this season, David Garrard and TJ Yates were the only non-1st round QB's who were drafted in the last 10 years to have won a Playoff game...1 each.

This season saw others...Kaepernick, Wilson, Schaub.

Every rule has exceptions...but the 1st round QB theory is becoming a pretty firm rule.


Romo, 2009 season beat iggles....and he wasn't even drafted.


I stand corrected. So it was 3.

Not sure why I had Romo having no Playoff wins stuck in my head.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6496
Kev1321 wrote:

If that was Suh it would be all over tv and a fine.

Very true, but he has earned his rep with dirty play.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5109
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Rick wrote:
FINesse wrote:
Worry less about them & the Jets & more about us.



But there is not much hope for Miami to do much better while still having the same ownership and managers. What can we worry about and wonder about after everything we've seen? It seems time is better spent watching the demise of the Jesters and the Cheaters. The lackluster netting of talent and luck by Miami runs deep. And you know how the Romans said, "Silent waters run deep". And boy is Miami's threat silent and will remain silent until the team has a new owner and manager or is moved to a different city where collecting an NFL pay check without the desire for winning is so much fun.

I'm tired of having hope when there is such an extreme void of talent and luck. I do enjoy seeing teams that have the talent like the Patriots lose and that is what makes it all bearable for now.


Cant argue with those thoughts. Just a good dose of reality there.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
I stopped worrying about what the Jets/Patriots were doing a long time ago. There's no silver-lining for me when a team like that Pats gets knocked out in the AFC Championship game. I care more about when this franchise actually gets it right and is back to playing in one of those.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Rock Sexton wrote:
I stopped worrying about what the Jets/Patriots were doing a long time ago. There's no silver-lining for me when a team like that Pats gets knocked out in the AFC Championship game. I care more about when this franchise actually gets it right and is back to playing in one of those.


Bingo.

For us to actually get any enjoyment and talk trash about the Patriots losing in a game that we haven't been to since before I was born, is ridiculous.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11934
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for his controversial slide toward Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens.


http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -fined-10k

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5323
Location: Wellington, FL
Phins Rock wrote:

For us to actually get any enjoyment and talk trash about the Patriots losing in a game that we haven't been to since before I was born, is ridiculous.


I wish I wasnt born yet, it would be nice to be turning 21 again...
I found pleasure in those Buff SB losses. I find pleasure in the Patsies losses too..

Unfortunately its my sick demented way of enjoying post season football...

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
I am tired of basically rooting for anyone to knock the Pats off in the playoffs/Super Bowl every year, instead of pulling for the Dolphins.

I am obsessed. Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).

It is time for the Dolphins to dominate.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4626
Location: MA.
Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for his controversial slide toward Ed Reed of the Baltimore Ravens.


http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... -fined-10k


10-0 before spy gate...7-7 since


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8217
Want to cheer for them to lose, go for it. I want to cheer for MIA in the playoffs....imagine.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Dolfanrar wrote:
Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).


I'm 32 years old and have lived in New England my whole life. Prior to 2001 no one up here gave a crap about the Pats outside of 1985 and 1996. There was some mild interest when Bledsoe was drafted but that is about it. Growing up all of my friends were either Cowboys, 49ers or Giants fans. The only ones who rooted for the Pats were the children of true, die hard Pats fans. Few and far in between.

To sum it up, you have no idea how bandwagon and fickle the fans are up here. Once Brady goes and NE experiences a decade like Miami has just endured it will be a joke. And to sum up their football knowledge, many wanted NE to trade Brady when Cassel's contract was up. They go with what is popular and then go away when its over.

I'm sure its like that in any city, but the obnoxious, arrogant and clueless attitude you described is spot on.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4626
Location: MA.
jammer wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:
Patriots fans in New England are obnoxiously spoiled. I enjoy the silence when they get knocked out. (Beyond the usual blaming that goes on as to why they lost).


I'm 32 years old and have lived in New England my whole life. Prior to 2001 no one up here gave a crap about the Pats outside of 1985 and 1996. There was some mild interest when Bledsoe was drafted but that is about it. Growing up all of my friends were either Cowboys, 49ers or Giants fans. The only ones who rooted for the Pats were the children of true, die hard Pats fans. Few and far in between.

To sum it up, you have no idea how bandwagon and fickle the fans are up here. Once Brady goes and NE experiences a decade like Miami has just endured it will be a joke. And to sum up their football knowledge, many wanted NE to trade Brady when Cassel's contract was up. They go with what is popular and then go away when its over.

I'm sure its like that in any city, but the obnoxious, arrogant and clueless attitude you described is spot on.


So true.....
I can't tell you how many games in Foxboro i have gone to..walked up the window and got my choice of seats..I went to a Redskin/Pats game one time and if there was 2000 fans in the stands i would be surprised....Been to many Dolphin games with more Miami fans than NE...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5323
Location: Wellington, FL
Makchell wrote:
Want to cheer for them to lose, go for it. I want to cheer for MIA in the playoffs....imagine.


I do both..

Unfortunately Miami has not gone much lately, and I enjoy football, so when watching I tend to root for teams. Basic rule of thumb is I root for Miami first, and any team playing the jets, pats or bills second.

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4626
Location: MA.
I hear Brady is trying out for kicker next year.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r