View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Jennings Talents to South Beach 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Jennings Talents to South Beach
StereoMike wrote:
we don't just need talent at WR, we also need experience and Jennings has a SB ring and would bring a winning attitude to the team..
Jenning's injury are a concern for myself.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dphins4me wrote:
StereoMike wrote:
we don't just need talent at WR, we also need experience and Jennings has a SB ring and would bring a winning attitude to the team..
Jenning's injury are a concern for myself.

I agree. Look , Bush has a ring but in his 2 seasons here we had losing records in both so , so much for a player to bring a winning attitude & honestly while it would be nice to think the players are team guys that is only to a point or more specifically to their next contract. They are in this thing overwhelmingly for themselves & that is not a knock , just reality. What should be more noted is that the head coach has a ring & he should supply that winning attitude.
Jennings injury history is a concern & I have written my doubts about the big name free agents that are available but we are a bit desperate & while I am all for fixing this thing thru the draft the allure of a big name & quicker results does lead to overpaying & unrealistic results.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
but we are a bit desperate

Exactly. I wish Miami had an internal option but they don't, and the draft isn't offering anyone you can claim will produce from Day 1 like Calvin Johnson or AJ Green. That doesn't mean someone won't step up, but banking on it is really rolling the dice.

Teams that draft guys who become stud WRs usually have a good vet in place that allows the draftee to develop. Jennings becomes that in Miami.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:

Teams that draft guys who become stud WRs usually have a good vet in place that allows the draftee to develop. Jennings becomes that in Miami.

Not sure I can agree with that.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:

Not sure I can agree with that.

The first or the second sentence?

I can't think of any examples of a WR drafted lets say late 2nd round or after who came to a team and blew everyone out of the water instantly.

Fitzgerald, Green, Johnson(s)...those guys are rare and there doesn't appear to be one in this draft.

As for Jennings, just imagine how much more room Bess and Hartline would have to operate. Jennings has speed and gets open. Defenses will have to focus on stopping him. It also helps the ground game.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Of course Miami has a great picking spot in the first round and there are really no "Dez Bryant" type talent that I have seen or read about for the upcoming draft.

Does anyone know of a dominant receiver coming out in April??

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
I can't think of any examples of a WR drafted lets say late 2nd round or after who came to a team and blew everyone out of the water instantly.

Anquan Boldin.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Anquan Boldin.

Yep and didn't Miami have every chance to take Boldin, but instead chose hall of fame linebacker Eddie Moore from Tennessee?? Who consequently was off the team within a couple of years?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Anquan Boldin.

Touche. I still think its more optimal to have the veteran shoulder the load while the young guy develops. Is Anquan Boldin the norm or the rare case?

If Miami thinks it already has that in Hartline and Bess, and prefers to grab a potential playmaker in the draft then so be it.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Anquan Boldin.

Colston, Desean Jackson

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Project86JLL13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Anquan Boldin.

Colston, Desean Jackson

Jackson I can see, even though that was already a good team. Colston had Joe Horn aka the veteran

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:49 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I understand the concerns about Jennings' injuries, but sometimes you have to gamble to try to improve your team. Saints took a huge risk with Brees and it paid off big time(and no, I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying we have the chance to sign an impact player who could help us taking it to the next level).

And it's just money anyway. We sign Jennings for 4 years with half the money guaranteed, and if it doesn't work out after a couple of years, we cut him and move on, no big deal. Hopefully by then we will have found our future #1 WR via the draft.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:50 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I was listening to WQAM and Armando Salquero "or however ya spell it" was on there saying that when Ross was doing the state of the dolphins address that he got the idea from everyone that Wallace was the #1 target for FA, for what its worth I hope its true!!

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3