View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Miami to make a 'team-friendly' offer to Bush 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami to make a 'team-friendly' offer to Bush
Quote:
Per the Miami Herald, the Dolphins plan to make free agent Reggie Bush a "team-friendly" contract offer before he hits the market.
In other words, they smartly won't break the bank. The Dolphins could stand a full overhaul of their offensive skill-position corps beyond quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Bush would be nice to have back as a rotational running back, but Miami isn't going to pay him to be its offensive centerpiece. We suspect Bush will make it to free agency and be underwhelmed by the offers he receives there.

-Salguero and Rotoworld

Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami to make a 'team-friendly' offer to Bush
Bush may be incredibly talented but the on-field results aren't overly spectacular. He's a nice to have, not a need to have player. But I'd rather have him back at a reasonable price than have to deal with finding a player to replace him

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

He had about 1200 yards from scrimmage run/rec... Thats 1/4 of our total team offense..

If he does not return I hope they have something solid in place to replace his production..

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bush was the centerpiece of this offense last year. If we let him go we had better look to replace him. Personally, I like Eddie Lacy out of Alabama as a 2nd round option. I think if we combined him with Lamar Miller and kept Daniel Thomas on the bench as depth we'd be good at the position. But I hope it doesn't come to that. I like Bush's playmaking ability and I'm hoping we can sign him for a deal in the 4 year $12M range.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Bush was the centerpiece of this offense last year. If we let him go we had better look to replace him. Personally, I like Eddie Lacy out of Alabama as a 2nd round option. I think if we combined him with Lamar Miller and kept Daniel Thomas on the bench as depth we'd be good at the position. But I hope it doesn't come to that. I like Bush's playmaking ability and I'm hoping we can sign him for a deal in the 4 year $12M range.

1200 yards from scrimmage is not impressive for the 'centerpiece' of the offense.
How many players got more than that just receiving or just rushing?

Bush is a lot of hype and a little bit of production. But even I think he'll get 4/$12 from us or someone else. That's not a lot of money for a 'centerpiece' and I'd be happy with him at that price.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:31 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Reggie has been productive at Miami. He is not a feature back, but he can do a lot of things well and if used correctly, can be a weapon.

I think a 3 year deal averaging 4 mill/per year is a solid deal for Bush and the team.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He had good numbers, despite being hurt much of the season. He still was the only playmaker on the offense and scored 8 TD's. Since our QB only threw 12 TD's, you really can't afford to let a proven scoring threat walk. Lamar Miller will likely assume more of a role next year and he and Bush will make a great tandem. If the team can't manage to resign Bush, then the management is truly inept. Why create a new hole to fill when we have leaks everywhere already?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Why create a new hole to fill when we have leaks everywhere already?

That basically sums up my opinion onBush... Unless his salary demands are out of bounds

Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
Reggie has been productive at Miami. He is not a feature back, but he can do a lot of things well and if used correctly, can be a weapon.

I think a 3 year deal averaging 4 mill/per year is a solid deal for Bush and the team.

I see him putting up huge numbers as a receiver, IF he has room to work in the short and intermediate areas. That deal seems very worth it to me.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]