View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WR Speculation 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post WR Speculation
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/4 ... n-the-move

Take it for what it is worth.

Some interesting names on there however if they do get cut or become available.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: WR Speculation
If Darius Heyward-Bey gets cut I'd like us to take a look. He's the type of outside speedster we're looking for. I know he's not as flashy as Wallace, but I think he'd be a nice fit. He's got the size and speed we're looking for. He's only 25 and he almost had 1,000 yards last season. I think there is some potential there. At $7M next year there is a good chance he gets cut. I doubt anyone will trade for him with that expensive final season of his rookie contract.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I'm not really interested in anybody outside the big names. The draft has tons of those solid WR's. If you want something you can't have easily in the draft, it's got to be Jennings/Wallace.

MAYBE Miles Austin...but the price tag is huge.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

There are several I'd be interested in as the 2nd new WR to come to Miami in the offseason. Still want a top one. Everyone on the More Murky Futures list is of interest outside Robinson & Pettis.

Titus Young is a fabulous talent, but does any team need a guy who will lineup in the wrong spot on purpose?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
There are several I'd be interested in as the 2nd new WR to come to Miami in the offseason. Still want a top one. Everyone on the More Murky Futures list is of interest outside Robinson & Pettis.

Titus Young is a fabulous talent, but does any team need a guy who will lineup in the wrong spot on purpose?

"on purpose"...????

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I really think the only big time FA will be Jennings. Reid is going to need a guy like Bowe as a safety valve for his new QB (I really think he will draft Geno Smith) and Pitt will do what it has to do to keep Wallace (he just opens up that offense when needed).

GB does not need Jennings and can grab a fine replacement at the end of the 1st round, or even the 2nd round if needed. I think Miami will be the most aggressive for Jennings and we all know the reasons he fits.

Tony's mock showing Deandre Hopkins is a great solution. Sign Jennings, re-sign Hartline and draft Hopkins. You still have Bess and can let Matthews, Binns and Tyms battle it out for the last spot.

Heyward-Bey is a decent Plan B if you can't land Jennings or re-sign Hartline. But he is still a complimentary piece so better hope the guy you draft can be a go to guy very quickly.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

"on purpose"...????

Yes, that most likely reason he was kicked off the team for the rest of the year.

Quote:
Titus Young -- A true team cancer, Young attempted to sabotage his own team's offense by lining up in the wrong place on multiple snaps during Detroit's Week 11 loss to Green Bay. He was selfishly dissatisfied with not getting the ball enough. While Young possesses the ability to run by coverage and could be a high-impact receiver if his head were on straight, the Lions appear very close to giving up on him after benching Young for the final six weeks of the 2012 season. They will listen to trade offers if Young doesn't report to the offseason program with a new mindset.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Phins Rock wrote:
I'm not really interested in anybody outside the big names. The draft has tons of those solid WR's. If you want something you can't have easily in the draft, it's got to be Jennings/Wallace.

MAYBE Miles Austin...but the price tag is huge.

Austin is Always hurt

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'd draft Terrance Williams and Ryan Swope, then give someone like Heyward-Bey a look if he becomes available.

Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]