Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
this would probably be the only free agent I'd consider.
But I would still draft a tight end as well. One thats a bigger red zone target than Keller

Quote:
ESPN New York's Rich Cimini said "someone will get a great bargain" on impending free agent Dustin Keller, but it "probably won't be the Jets."
Keller played in just eight games in 2012 as he battled hamstring and ankle injuries, so that's expected to affect his price on the open market. The Jets "probably" won't get the bargain because they'll likely have to slap the franchise tag on Keller to keep him. Keller said in late December that he is "100 percent" opposed to the franchise tag, too. He'll be highly sought after as a solid red-zone option and stretcher of the seam.


-Rotoworld


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
I like Keller also, and he has always given the Dolphins fit. He is definitely a TE that is a WEAPON and can go down the seam for big plays.

I like Jared Cook, and obviously if Green Bay releases or is looking to possibly trade JeMichael Finley, he would be of interest if Philbin does not have any issues of Finley. Obviously he worked with him while at Green Bay.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
The Jets don't have the cap room to slap the tag on him.

He'll hit the market. I want him or Jared Cook badly in Free Agency. Adding a TE is my top priority in March.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
phinsfansc wrote:
I if Green Bay releases or is looking to possibly trade JeMichael Finley, he would be of interest if Philbin does not have any issues of Finley. Obviously he worked with him while at Green Bay.


I like this because he already knows the offense. If Miami could trade for him (you have to take on a sizeable contract, I think about 5 million or so) and sign Jennings then you have two guys who can play immediately. Allows Miami to go BPA for a lot of needs in the draft.

We know Parcells and Ireland went after a lot of Dallas guys due to familiarity so its possible Ireland and Philbin take a similar approach here.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:04 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
I was high on Finley a few years back but he never took his game to the next level and has gotten worse every year in one of the league's best offenses, where he should be excelling. Rodgers doesn't trust him and according to some rumors doesnt even like him. Finley caused some drama this year too.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ael-finley

Packers to cut ties with Finley


Quote:
We highly recommend reading McGinn's exhaustive and fascinating article. Much of it reads like a takedown of Finley's disappointing season, from his poor blocking to his drops to his undisciplined route running and attitude. The Packers reportedly also have grown weary of Finley's public comments and were said to be "livid" with the tight end's agent for tweeting that Rodgers was not a great leader.

"He's that type of athlete that will fool people," one scout told McGinn when asked about Finley's trade or free-agent value. "Unless you really, really dig and do your homework, and just look superficially, you'll say all he needs is just a change of scenery."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Phins Rock wrote:
He'll hit the market. I want him or Jared Cook badly in Free Agency. Adding a TE is my top priority in March.

I agree


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:07 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8233
Finley can't stay healthy.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
O. Daniels got 4 years/22 million last year. Keller and Cook are probably worth that.

I don't know much about Finley. Just thought that since he has been productive and knows the offense he'd at the very least be an upgrade.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
I was high on Finley a few years back but he never took his game to the next level and has gotten worse every year in one of the league's best offenses, where he should be excelling. Rodgers doesn't trust him and according to some rumors doesnt even like him. Finley caused some drama this year too.


Very true swerve. That is why I have said that if Phibin were to bring Jermichael in, he is comfortable with him. That being said, I think the Dolphins will make a run a Keller or Cook.

Those 2 are young, fast and talented, and would be an instant upgrade. I prefer going the FA route to the draft in regards to a TE.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I was high on Finley a few years back but he never took his game to the next level and has gotten worse every year in one of the league's best offenses, where he should be excelling. Rodgers doesn't trust him and according to some rumors doesnt even like him. Finley caused some drama this year too.


Very true swerve. That is why I have said that if Phibin were to bring Jermichael in, he is comfortable with him. That being said, I think the Dolphins will make a run a Keller or Cook.

Those 2 are young, fast and talented, and would be an instant upgrade. I prefer going the FA route to the draft in regards to a TE.



I want Keller because he works the middle of the field so well and I want one of the 6'6" guys from the draft who can dominate in the red zone.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
I apologize, Finley's cap number for next year is 10.2 million. Pass on that trade.

Keller and Cook should be able to create some bidding wars for teams. Won't be easy to get the to Miami unless Ireland really overpays.

2 more months and we can get some closure for all of this speculation.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11246
Location: Lancaster, PA
I hope we're not counting on Clay and Egnew

Quote:
The Dolphins are not expected to prioritize re-signing TE Anthony Fasano this offseason.
An impending unrestricted free agent, Fasano finished with a career-high 41 catches this season, but was rarely a factor in the passing game and there's been no indication that he'll be brought back. The Dolphins will likely look to replace Fasano in-house with TE/FB Charles Clay and 2012 third-round pick Michael Egnew.


-Rotoworld


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
swerve13 wrote:
I hope we're not counting on Clay and Egnew

Quote:
The Dolphins are not expected to prioritize re-signing TE Anthony Fasano this offseason.
An impending unrestricted free agent, Fasano finished with a career-high 41 catches this season, but was rarely a factor in the passing game and there's been no indication that he'll be brought back. The Dolphins will likely look to replace Fasano in-house with TE/FB Charles Clay and 2012 third-round pick Michael Egnew.


-Rotoworld



I just read on Rotoworld also that the Titans are prioritizing trying to sign TE Jared Cook. They think he is key to QB Jake Locker's development.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dustin Keller
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
Just remember that the Rotoworld guys do a lot of speculation and connecting the dots based on what they get from local reporters, ESPN, etc. (I still think its funny they rank on Omar Kelly and his info).

We have to consider that a bunch of these guys might not make it to free agency. Sounds like the Jets will struggle to re-sign Keller and Green Bay has a lot of guys to re-sign in the near future so letting Jennings go makes sense since they did very well without him.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r