View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:39 am



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select..... 
Author Message
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
DeAndre Hopkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVWm9pNi ... ata_player

:grin:


Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
That's pretty high for him.


Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
Right now it is but after the combine it won't be. But If we can't trade down and they feel 12 is too high for Hopkins then I want this kid....
Dion Jordan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRr ... ata_player

Reminds me so much of Jason Taylor....what do you think?


Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
MdDolfan wrote:
Right now it is but after the combine it won't be. But If we can't trade down and they feel 12 is too high for Hopkins then I want this kid....
Dion Jordan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRr ... ata_player

Reminds me so much of Jason Taylor....what do you think?


Same. Can't help but think of JT with that lanky frame and athleticism.

If I had to make a mock right now, I'd have Jordan going to Miami at 12.


Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:03 pm
Posts: 2
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Right now it is but after the combine it won't be. But If we can't trade down and they feel 12 is too high for Hopkins then I want this kid....
Dion Jordan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRr ... ata_player

Reminds me so much of Jason Taylor....what do you think?


Same. Can't help but think of JT with that lanky frame and athleticism.

If I had to make a mock right now, I'd have Jordan going to Miami at 12.


I'd prefer Bjoern Werner but don't know if he'll drop to us. ACC defensive player of the year. Big and strong enough to stop the run and an excellent pass rusher. Jordan is a bit more athletic, which may be important if a lot of teams continue to run the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbGvKbXSpQ

In the end I think you have to go with a player who can make an immediate impact in round 1 and DE is one of those positions where it is more likely to happen. I'd much prefer this or a CB over a WR who might take 2 years to be really ready and being honest this draft doesn't have any Calvin Johnson type receiver prospects.


Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
The Seasider wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Right now it is but after the combine it won't be. But If we can't trade down and they feel 12 is too high for Hopkins then I want this kid....
Dion Jordan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRr ... ata_player

Reminds me so much of Jason Taylor....what do you think?


Same. Can't help but think of JT with that lanky frame and athleticism.

If I had to make a mock right now, I'd have Jordan going to Miami at 12.


I'd prefer Bjoern Werner but don't know if he'll drop to us. ACC defensive player of the year. Big and strong enough to stop the run and an excellent pass rusher. Jordan is a bit more athletic, which may be important if a lot of teams continue to run the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbGvKbXSpQ

In the end I think you have to go with a player who can make an immediate impact in round 1 and DE is one of those positions where it is more likely to happen. I'd much prefer this or a CB over a WR who might take 2 years to be really ready and being honest this draft doesn't have any Calvin Johnson type receiver prospects.


I agree and I've actually changed my mind on picking a WR at 12. None of them are good enough to go that high and if Werner fell out of the top 10 I'd say he'll yeah! I don't think that will happen but it's possible. My hope is the 2 or 3 QB's really light it up at the combine and get over valued. If that happens top defensive players fall and we can pick an elite player at 12!


Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5719
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
MdDolfan wrote:
My hope is the 2 or 3 QB's really light it up at the combine and get over valued. If that happens top defensive players fall and we can pick an elite player at 12!


A lot of teams in the top 10 need a QB and with the new rookie contracts its easy to take a chance. KC, Oak, Cle (new coach), Jax, Philly, Buf, and even the Jets could make a QB play.


Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 pm
Posts: 1
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
The Seasider wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Right now it is but after the combine it won't be. But If we can't trade down and they feel 12 is too high for Hopkins then I want this kid....
Dion Jordan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UwVrBRr ... ata_player

Reminds me so much of Jason Taylor....what do you think?


Same. Can't help but think of JT with that lanky frame and athleticism.

If I had to make a mock right now, I'd have Jordan going to Miami at 12.


I'd prefer Bjoern Werner but don't know if he'll drop to us. ACC defensive player of the year. Big and strong enough to stop the run and an excellent pass rusher. Jordan is a bit more athletic, which may be important if a lot of teams continue to run the option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dbGvKbXSpQ

In the end I think you have to go with a player who can make an immediate impact in round 1 and DE is one of those positions where it is more likely to happen. I'd much prefer this or a CB over a WR who might take 2 years to be really ready and being honest this draft doesn't have any Calvin Johnson type receiver prospects.

:yay:
I'd be EXTREMELY HAPPY if Bjoern Werner dropped to us! He'd be a perfect compliment to Cameron Wake! Heck, we might not even need CB's with that pass rush! Ok maybe that's a stretch..... Obviously alot depends on Free Agency. The only WR I'd consider at 12 is Patterson after that I'd try to trade back and then draft Austin or Allen. If we could move back and gain another 2nd or 3rd Rd pick and still get one of these WRs I'd be very happy with that also. I'm not sold on Ezekiel Ansah. I know he might be turn into a stud bit Ireland needs SURE BETS in this draft. Werner or Milliner CB would be sure bets!!! :stiffarm:


Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3862
Post Re: With the 12th pick the Miami Dolphins select.....
Welcome to the forums SmokinJoe!

I would also love to see Werner or Milliner fall... but at this point I think it's inevitable that they're both top 10 picks. There's so much speculation here on the boards as to who we'll take it's getting kind of exhausting to think about!

I just hope whoever it is pans out and helps the team.


Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.