Why Texas safety Earl Thomas will be draft No. 12 by the Dolphinshttp://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29
1. His 10 interceptions in two seasons at Texas proves he’s the ball-hawking free safety
2. His 4.37 speed makes him versatile enough to play cornerback in the NFL because he can stick with receivers.
3. Depth at safety is a major issue, and Thomas would immediately have an athleticism edge on Tyrone Culver and Chris Clemons
1. At 5-foot-10, 208 pounds, Thomas doesn’t fit the bigger is better size prototype this regime religiously uses.
2. Safeties aren’t premium positions in the draft, which explains why Bill Parcells has never selected a safety in the first round
3. Because he declared for the draft as a redshirted sophomore