View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Top WR Prospects of 2013 NFL Draft 

Which WR would you pick?
Justin Hunter 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Keenan Allen 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Terrance Williams 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Robert Woods 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Da'Rick Rodgers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 11

Top WR Prospects of 2013 NFL Draft 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Top WR Prospects of 2013 NFL Draft
swerve13 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Quote:
exactly, #12 is a prime spot to land a gamechanger, even a franchise changer (Ezekial Ansah, Alex Okafor, terence Williams, Jonathan Banks)

Terrance Williams at 12? That is a major reach, most draft boards I have come across have him falling in the early 2nd round, others in the late 1st.

I'm projecting. I think he's gonna rise after he gets poked and prodded at workouts.
Happens all the time. When front offices really examine the season he had he will rise on boards.
Almost 2000 yards against top competition is amazing.

Yeah, its way too early to start defining where guys get drafted. Every mock site had Jonathan Martin in the top 20 last year and the idea of Tannehill being a top 10 pick was just scratching this surface at this point.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

Miami has 10 picks in this draft, 5 of first 100. I don't think they need to trade down for additional picks. Miami has enough picks and needs to concentrate on QUALITY talent.
Depends on what Miami is targeting. If its Wr & 12 is to high for the Wr you want, then trading down makes since if you can move down & still get the guy you want.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0

Jesus this guy can really change direction on the dime.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:

Not trying to start another thread on this, but we all know your opinion on UT Wr. Are you telling us that you would not mind if Miami ended up with this guy?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Not trying to start another thread on this, but we all know your opinion on UT Wr. Are you telling us that you would not mind if Miami ended up with this guy?

I definitely do have hangups about Tennessee's recent history at wide receiver. But i think i'd be fine with Patterson in the 2nd round. Not comfortable with either Tennessee receiver in round 1. Both raw/inconsistent.
But if we signed Wallace or Jennings, I would be happy with either in round 2.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
My dream scenario would be one where we trade back into the mid 20s and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. Then we draft either Hunter or Williams in the 1st round. Then we make the move and get Woods in the 2nd. That way we add a big guy and a burner. We'd then add Jennings through free agency and be absolutely stacked at the position.

I have been saying the EXACT same thing...great minds must think a like. I posted a thread with the same preference on finheaven a few days ago, it'd be the absolute best approach if a guy like Mingo isn't still around at 12.

Yep, doing that would not only allow us to add two big receivers, it would also free us up to use more of those high picks on offensive linemen and defensive backs. Having six picks in the first 100 would give us two receivers, two offensive linemen, and two defensive backs. Then from the 4th round on we could address depth and look for guys that fell. Heck, after watching the Cotton Bowl I wouldn't even mind us going after Ryan Swope WR A&M if he's there in the 4th round.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
My dream scenario would be one where we trade back into the mid 20s and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. Then we draft either Hunter or Williams in the 1st round. Then we make the move and get Woods in the 2nd. That way we add a big guy and a burner. We'd then add Jennings through free agency and be absolutely stacked at the position.

Miami has 10 picks in this draft, 5 of first 100. I don't think they need to trade down for additional picks. Miami has enough picks and needs to concentrate on QUALITY talent.

But you have to agree that if the right player isn't there, then we have no business reaching for someone. Why reach for a receiver at #12? Why reach for any player? If the value of the player and the value of the pick don't match up, then trade back and add picks.

Don't get me wrong, if an elite cornerback or safety prospect is sitting there at #12, then I would like to see us get him. Or if a really good offensive line prospects falls, then I'm ok with that too. Or if our staff falls in love with a guy like Keenan Allen, then I'm ok with that. But what I don't want us to do is reach for someone out of desperation.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

But you have to agree that if the right player isn't there, then we have no business reaching for someone. Why reach for a receiver at #12? Why reach for any player? If the value of the player and the value of the pick don't match up, then trade back and add picks.

Don't get me wrong, if an elite cornerback or safety prospect is sitting there at #12, then I would like to see us get him. Or if a really good offensive line prospects falls, then I'm ok with that too. Or if our staff falls in love with a guy like Keenan Allen, then I'm ok with that. But what I don't want us to do is reach for someone out of desperation.

Do you really think he is advocating to reach for a player? When he emphasizes quality does that equate reaching in your thinking?

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

there will be no reason for reaching when we're on the clock at 12. There will be 5 or 6 worthy candidates to choose from.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2