View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins reach out to Jason Taylor 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins reach out to Jason Taylor
Quote:
A few weeks ago I shared with you how the Dolphins were pretty much ignoring Jason Taylor while carrying on with business on other matters.

The column, which basically said the Dolphins weren't returning calls from the Taylor camp, prompted some fans to begin an e-mail writing campaign requesting the team bring Taylor back. The column also got something of a rise out of the Dolphins.

Although Taylor has not discussed the matter with me, I'm told by a good team source that the day the column published, coach Tony Sparano contacted Taylor. And the contact effort was two-pronged as the Dolphins have since reached out to Taylor's agent, as well.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0kQi5G4yQ

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:21 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Miami Dolphins reach out to Jason Taylor
This is good news. This also, in my mind anyways, solidified what I believe the Jets visit to be, a leveraging tool.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Glad to read that.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I don't quite follow...this means he's staying?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:53 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

A little to late, IMO.

I think my JT crush is setting in.

The whole getting young crap should not fit for a guy like JT. I'm not very happy right now with the Dolphins. LOL

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:55 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

No, it means they are trying to keep him interested til after the draft, they dont want the option to slip away, but they wont make a commitment to him..... If he signs with the Jets tomorrow they will release some stupid statement that they were willing to offer the same...

The closer we get to the draft and the more time I have to see what has been accomplished this off season the more disappointed I am getting...

Seriously, we have lost more than we gained, and have too much to address to do it in the draft alone...

We need a starting Safety, we need a starting NT, we have needed a # 1 WR for a while now, our TE's looked weak last year, and after cutting Porter we are going to give Taylor a chance to look around...

I sure hope this is a deep draft with alot of talent...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I hope not but it may be to little to late.

I would like Sparano to text Jason about now and tell him to come home a deal is waiting for him.

Maybe someone can ask Ireland tommorow on that live chat thingy.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Im sure better than 20% were about JT already, now amplify that...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think JT could have been treated more fairly from the Dolphins. In my opinion, coming back to the Dolphins last year at way under his value made up for the hard feelings he gave DolFans. He came in, played hard, and didn't complain. Many of his teammates talked about his leadership last year. I'd sign him now before the draft ... unless he's asking for too much;)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
No, it means they are trying to keep him interested til after the draft, they dont want the option to slip away, but they wont make a commitment to him..... If he signs with the Jets tomorrow they will release some stupid statement that they were willing to offer the same...

The closer we get to the draft and the more time I have to see what has been accomplished this off season the more disappointed I am getting...

Seriously, we have lost more than we gained, and have too much to address to do it in the draft alone...

We need a starting Safety, we need a starting NT, we have needed a # 1 WR for a while now, our TE's looked weak last year, and after cutting Porter we are going to give Taylor a chance to look around...

I sure hope this is a deep draft with alot of talent...

Add to that the fact that they openly are shopping Smiley. Why not keep that a secret so that he still has value, or at the very least if you can't get value for him, you can keep him on another year? Trying to cut Porter too early and not understanding the rules was another blunder by this front office. I sure hope they can make up for these stupid moves by fielding a team capable of a playoff appearance this year.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]