View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 COD-Modern Warfare 2 360 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post COD-Modern Warfare 2 360
Anybody on here play online this amazing game if so hit me up my tag is hatecrewadb!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:47 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: COD-Modern Warfare 2 360
Don't play anything else....

XxRB23xX over here.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I wouldn't call the game amazing... its ok.

I'm on ps3 though.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:

I'm on ps3 though.

its super AMAZO!!! :yay:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:30 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ya halfway through my first go around at prestige mode. Havent played in a couple weeks

cudaludapoclyps

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:

I'm on ps3 though.

???? Cmon

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm

ggippo wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I'm on ps3 though.

???? Cmon

There's a lot wrong with this game lol... I've heard Bad Company 2 trumps it... but havent played so wouldnt be able to tell you

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
ggippo wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I'm on ps3 though.

???? Cmon

There's a lot wrong with this game lol... I've heard Bad Company 2 trumps it... but havent played so wouldnt be able to tell you

Whats wrong with Modern Warfare 2 its actually the first COD game that ever got me into its Multiplayer. Bad Company comes no where near it. MW 2 is the fastest selling game of all time and one of the best reviewed games of all time.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Bad Company 2 is great....

Just leveled up to the m95 sniper rifle... Sweeeeeeeet

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:03 pm

ggippo wrote:
Whats wrong with Modern Warfare 2 its actually the first COD game that ever got me into its Multiplayer. Bad Company comes no where near it. MW 2 is the fastest selling game of all time and one of the best reviewed games of all time.

With the amount of fan boys of the series out there the game could have been horrible and still broken records.

To me there's not enough teamwork, and too much knifing and grenade launching.

Why is it that someone can launch a grenade at their own feet to blow you up, but they themselves suffer no damage? Even Claymores which I use often... I can plant a claymore and lay right next to it as someone runs it over and dies and I suffer no damage.

C'mon, I know it's a game, but let's be a little realistic here. The reason people are so gung ho with these nades all the time is because there are no risks to it... run around shooting grenades at point blank, dont matter, they wont hurt themselves.

Why is it also that a knife is always a 1 shot kill? I mean u give a guy a papercut on his arm and he's dead... plus the lunging range is ridic!!! If you want to make it a one shot kill from behind thats great, but when you're sitting there lighting people up face to face and they win the battle because they somehow manage to fly through bullets and knife you... that's a bit much.

'nough said :yay:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If thats true about the fanboys how come the other COD's didnt break records. Why is one of the greatest reviewed games of all time? No game is perfect you can always find flaws but the balancing is darn near perfect, for every advantage there is a counter. The game allows you to approach it and play the way you want to play and every approach can work and every approach has a counter.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:30 pm

ggippo wrote:
If thats true about the fanboys how come the other COD's didnt break records. Why is one of the greatest reviewed games of all time? No game is perfect you can always find flaws but the balancing is darn near perfect, for every advantage there is a counter. The game allows you to approach it and play the way you want to play and every approach can work and every approach has a counter.

I meant fanboys from the first Modern Warfare game.

I don't have a problem with people using grenade launchers to get people out of tight corners, or to blast them off a turret or something, thats what they should be used for! But to sit there and shoot it right at their feet without any attempt to use their gun whatsoever?? Ugh!

The knifing would be fine to if it wasnt always an instant kill. I'm sure you've seen plenty of kill cams where a guy gets stabbed in the arm and he's dead... c'mon now!! If you can miss with bullets you should be able to miss with the knife. I think the knives are fine in like a situation where you've run out of bullets and you got a guy shootin u... its a last resort to me.

I know everyone has their own style, but some of it just seems cheap.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 pm

PZ, there are noobs in every game....I agree.

I hate those lightweight, marathon, tactical knife weilding guys who just run around and knife people. Or yeah, noob-tubers and those freegin guys who use the RPG. Can't stand it.

But, in Modern Warfare 2, PZ, you can kill yourself with your own launcher or grenade. Not sure what you're reffering to there?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Phins Rock wrote:

I hate those lightweight, marathon, tactical knife weilding guys who just run around and knife people. Or yeah, noob-tubers and those freegin guys who use the RPG. Can't stand it.

But, in Modern Warfare 2, PZ, you can kill yourself with your own launcher or grenade. Not sure what you're reffering to there?

Peeps are always shootin way close range w/ the nade launchers and never kill themselves... its weird.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:53 pm

IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Peeps are always shootin way close range w/ the nade launchers and never kill themselves... its weird.

I'm not sure where you're seeing it in Modern Warfare 2. If you have the Danger Close perk on, than it helps, but from point blank you'll still die.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i like the vehicles in bf bad company.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Bad Company 2 is much better. Weeeeeeeeeeee

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:45 pm

It is definitely fun and much more involved... but im not sure which is more fun yet...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:30 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

hypocritex wrote:

People who get paid for their opinions dont think so.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 am

ggippo wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

It's all a matter of opinion based on what style you like... paid or not paid.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:39 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
ggippo wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

It's all a matter of opinion based on what style you like... paid or not paid.

A campaign that is buggy or shallow has nothing to do with opinion. Battlefield is more of a team based game as well which doesnt do anything for the Free for All type of player. But your right to each his own even if both games were broken down and rated by professionals who have extensive experience playing and reviewing vast amounts of video games and are more adept at judging qualtiy :ann0y:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:46 pm

ggippo wrote:
A campaign that is buggy or shallow has nothing to do with opinion. Battlefield is more of a team based game as well which doesnt do anything for the Free for All type of player. But your right to each his own even if both games were broken down and rated by professionals who have extensive experience playing and reviewing vast amounts of video games and are more adept at judging qualtiy :ann0y:

I think most of those professionals views on games are crap... I've liked plenty that they've given a bad rating lol

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:15 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

ggippo wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Who cares what they think? Most of them are journalists. Not gamers. I've beta tested well over 20 games. Open and closed. I've been playing FPS on PC since CS 1.3 . I've played at a high level in competitive leagues and even attended winter CPL. And I've played them religiously. These games are not based on their merit of single player modes. They are based on game play. Multi-player game play. Because, in the end.. that is all that matters with either of these games. And the multi-player on BF2 blows MW2 out of the water.

I trust my own opinion when it comes to games. You should too. Go get the game.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:05 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

hypocritex wrote:
ggippo wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Who cares what they think? Most of them are journalists. Not gamers. I've beta tested well over 20 games. Open and closed. I've been playing FPS on PC since CS 1.3 . I've played at a high level in competitive leagues and even attended winter CPL. And I've played them religiously. These games are not based on their merit of single player modes. They are based on game play. Multi-player game play. Because, in the end.. that is all that matters with either of these games. And the multi-player on BF2 blows MW2 out of the water.

Whoa nelly.... I used to play competitive CS as well... to funny. CAL League to be more exact... talk about old' school....

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

hypocritex wrote:
ggippo wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

I do trust my own opinion. Just so happens I usually feel the same way the critics do. I have gamefly so I will get Battlefield when it gets to me. Right now its behind Bioshock 2 and Splinter Cell conviction in my queue. But I have played every other Battlefield game I know what its all about. COD is one of the rare games I do own cause its that good.

And for the record its ignorant to call game critics just journalists. They have to be gamers to know what they are talking about. Battlefield got good reviews but COD got better and I tend to agree with them.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:49 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:58 pm

That's a lot of gamer points... I agree that if your a solo artist, COD is the game for you... but if you like team based gameplay and some sort of strategy that doesn't involve your gun all the time... BC2 is the way to be!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
That's a lot of gamer points... I agree that if your a solo artist, COD is the game for you... but if you like team based gameplay and some sort of strategy that doesn't involve your gun all the time... BC2 is the way to be!

Agreed.

Also, if you like having fun with your online friends.. the way to go.

And FYI ggipo. Every review I have read has said pretty much what I did. That the single player is good. Not great. Lacking in some areas. But, the multi-player hands down makes the game. A lot of which have said is better then COD's.

Also, all my online gamer buddies who have played both. Like myself.. Agree that BC2 is the better game. Not to mention the majority of the online community who have played both games agree with me. Do some research on polling of the 2 games and I think that you might be surprised. ;)

Coots, you played CAL league? Were you Cal Open? ;)

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

hypocritex wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Agreed.

Also, if you like having fun with your online friends.. the way to go.

And FYI ggipo. Every review I have read has said pretty much what I did. That the single player is good. Not great. Lacking in some areas. But, the multi-player hands down makes the game. A lot of which have said is better then COD's.

Also, all my online gamer buddies who have played both. Like myself.. Agree that BC2 is the better game. Not to mention the majority of the online community who have played both games agree with me. Do some research on polling of the 2 games and I think that you might be surprised. ;)

Coots, you played CAL league? Were you Cal Open? ;)

hah, you wish I was cal-o :x

Played cal-m with a team called Monopoly, was in several cal-im teams. I was going to attend CPL in Dallas, but things came up, had to eat the money I had already paid to go down and everything. I used to have a blast playing. I still have it installed.

You are really an old school cs player if you can remember when the Colt zoomed.... just sayin'.

And yes, we played team 3D when competitive CS fist started. (ask me details later) about how they murdered us.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:17 am

I never really got into Counterstrike... game kinda ticked me off... but I did watch a lot of the competitive stuff on that gaming channel they have on iO

It's not G4... it's like GameplayTV or something like that... pretty sweet.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

For all it's graphical limitations CS is still the best FPS ever made. The level of skill needed to be good at that game in unparalleled.

Coots, I still have it installed on 1 of my accounts if you want to pub sometime. Add me to your steam friends.

hypocritex is the account I have CS still on. We can pub or something sometime.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:39 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:

Im a huge gamer. Looking forward to the Halo Reach Beta and Red Dead Redemption in May. Red Dead is going to be such a great game. As far as PC goes Im a real big fan of the Total War series but I left my PC behind when I moved. Don't have time for it.

Im actually working on opening my own Non Vegas Style Gaming Lounge, PC Repair, and Specialty Retail store here in Fort Myers with plans for quick expansion by way of Franchising. There is a huge opportunity that has not been properly exploited.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

ggippo wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Im a huge gamer. Looking forward to the Halo Reach Beta and Red Dead Redemption in May. Red Dead is going to be such a great game. As far as PC goes Im a real big fan of the Total War series but I left my PC behind when I moved. Don't have time for it.

Im actually working on opening my own Non Vegas Style Gaming Lounge, PC Repair, and Specialty Retail store here in Fort Myers with plans for quick expansion by way of Franchising. There is a huge opportunity that has not been properly exploited.

Ironically enough I've been considering opening up a Gaming lounge in my area as well. Something with PC's and systems setup for easy party play, or just to try out games instead of buying them... an alternative to renting and wasting 8.50 just to go buy the game the next day.

With work and school I haven't had much time to dedicate to it as of late, but the thought is still very fresh in the back of my mind.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:25 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
ggippo wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Ironically enough I've been considering opening up a Gaming lounge in my area as well. Something with PC's and systems setup for easy party play, or just to try out games instead of buying them... an alternative to renting and wasting 8.50 just to go buy the game the next day.

With work and school I haven't had much time to dedicate to it as of late, but the thought is still very fresh in the back of my mind.

Gamestop doesnt make money on selling new games, the profit margins there are 3 or 4 bucks. The way gamestop makes money is by buying back used games for 10 or 20 bucks and then selling them for 40 or 50 dollars. They also make good margins on accessories. So.... showcasing games that use accessories for people to try can build impulse for them to buy. Offering 25 to 35 bucks for used games as opposed to 10 or 20 would draw interest. And then of course people could try games before they by them. Repair services are a must because the margins on that are very good. Repair parts are cheap, people pay good money for knowledge and convenience

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:36 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
ggippo wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

PZ, if you need someone in the know about such things. Let me know. We aren't too far apart. I'd be happy to help ya run such a venture! Always wanted a great lan center. There aren't enough in the States. Good places for them are big cities and tourist towns. Baltimore is ripe for one. There isn't a decent one in the WHOLE city.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]