View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Fins-Pats Game In December 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Fins-Pats Game In December
Alright dudes I need some help.

My wife's family (bunch of rabid Pats fans) purchased a trip to the game on Dec 15th and I was forced to go at gunpoint (trust me, I want to see the Phins in Miami but not with 25 clueless Pats clowns).

So the package deal has us staying in Ft Lauderdale and giving us transportation to the game. My questions:

Where are the fun bars (for a 30+ crowd) in Ft Lauderdale?

Where is a good bar to drink at before the game since we won't have a car to tailgate?

How bad of a ride is it from Ft Lauderdale (I believe we are staying at the Courtyard Marriott)?

Is there a standing room area in the stadium I can sneak off to (so I don't have to sit in the Pats section)?

Last and most important - any Phinfever members going to that game? If you are and have a good bar recommendation the first few beers are on me.

GO PHINS!!!!!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:48 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Fins-Pats Game In December
jammer, not going to the game but if you want to get away from the Pats fans and hang out with a Dolphins fan and have a beer, I'm down. Meet you at the Quarterdeck.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Jammer, this might just be me, but I find it incredibly fun being one of the few fans in the opposing teams' section. I went to the Miami/Kansas City game back in December '08. My dad and I were the only Dolphins fans in the section, and it was so great when we walked out of there winners!

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:26 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer, not going to the game but if you want to get away from the Pats fans and hang out with a Dolphins fan and have a beer, I'm down. Meet you at the Quarterdeck.

Done. I will PM as we get closer to the game.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

cspooner13 wrote:
Jammer, this might just be me, but I find it incredibly fun being one of the few fans in the opposing teams' section. I went to the Miami/Kansas City game back in December '08. My dad and I were the only Dolphins fans in the section, and it was so great when we walked out of there winners!

Oh I hear you and agree. But this is my wife's family so it will not be pleasant for me to be around them win or lose. I've been to a few Pats-Phins games in MA and have had no problem getting heckled. I guess its different when its 20 people you know very well being obnoxious versus 20 randoms.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped to finally get down to Miami to see a game...its just now how I envisioned my first trip.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]