View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Jim Kelly Battling Cancer 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Jim Kelly Battling Cancer
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93367 ... cancer-jaw

This saddens me. I have a new respect for this man ever since his son's foundation Hunter's Hope helped my family back in 2010 when my boys were receiving thier Stem Cell Transplants. Hunter Kelly died from Krabbe Disease, which is one of the many Leukodystrophy's out there. Both of my boys have Metachromatic Leukodystrophy Disease, aka MLD. We went to Duke Children's Hospital for treatment and the Kelly's provided us with one of thier houses of hope in Durham, NC. We ended up staying in Durham for 350 days and they did not charge us or my insurance company a dime during our stay. We are plannig on attending the Hunter's Hope Symposium later this summer and I was looking forward to meeting him. Wondering if he is going to pass this year.

My wife is friends with Jill Kelly on facebook and Jill posted about 2 weeks ago asking for everyone to say a prayer for her family. Now it all makes sense.

My family will definately be sending prayers to the Kelly family. Hope you guys can do the same.

Thanks!

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Jim Kelly Battling Cancer
As someone who has hated the Bills more than any other team (yes, even more than the Jets or Patriots), this saddens me deeply. Jim is a great man and has done great things in his post-NFL career. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]