View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Guitarists? We did an interview with Laurence Juber 
Dolphins Fanatics Online Admin
Dolphins Fanatics Online Admin

Post Guitarists? We did an interview with Laurence Juber
We have had a lot of great guests on the DFO Radio Show. Former Miami Dolphins players and cheerleaders, super fans (the Bandits, Finhead Finman) and even the NFL Director Of Fandemonium.

However, since the season is over and two of us that host are guitarists we took a chance and asked former Wings guitarist (yeah, Paul McCartney's old band) Laurence Juber to be on the show. He agreed and we had a great hour long interview with him on Monday.

You can listen at http://www.dolphinsfanaticsonline.com/podcast

By the way, I haven't posted here in a while. I had a little panic attack when I couldn't log in. Then I read Dave's post...whew.

Scott

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Post Re: Guitarists? We did an interview with Laurence Juber
As a guitarist myself, I applaud that wholeheartedly. He (Juber) is an excellent musician (as one would expect to work with Sir Paul), but McCartney is the best in that band at EACH instrument. He plays drums, keys, bass and guitar and is excellent on them all. I have even been told that on the first Beatles album most of the tracks are Paul recorded and mixed in on the DRUMS (not his fab-four trademark bass) because Ringo was not 'up to snuff'. I am not sure of the validity of that, but McCartney is a phenom. Some examples of others with this kind of talent:
Prince (yes, the guy who goes through more name changes than Liz Taylor through husbands). He is adept at every instrument in the band. He specializes in guitar, but is proficient at bass, drums and keys.
Geddy Lee (Rush) While not a guitarist, he does play the bass at maestro level, and is an extremely gifted keyboardist. His alto voice is very unusual in a male, but what makes him truly awesome is that he is generally playing the keys with his hands, bass keys (a sort of stomp-piano with usually one octave) with his feet and singing like a banshee...AT THE SAME TIME. Not many can do three things at once in any endeavor.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]