View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Should not take advantage of Old men. 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Should not take advantage of Old men.
I hate it when Gov takes advantage of senile old men. It reminds me of Andy Griffin promoting Obama care. Everyone knows red light cameras are just for money grubbing. Towns have been caught shorting the yellow light on crossings with red light cameras.

Quote:
Three South Florida celebrities have joined forces for the sake of traffic safety.

Former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula joined music mogul Emilio Estefan and Marc Buoniconti, son of NFL Hall of Famer Nick Buoniconti, at University of Miami Hospital as the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis launched a public campaign supporting the use of red-light safety cameras.

The high-profile spokesmen said the cameras are proven tools in reducing life-threatening accidents. Buoniconti, who is the president of the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, said, "Running red lights is like an epidemic here, and the red-light cameras have shown really to have a significant effect in reducing the amount of injuries caused by people running red lights."

He added accidents from drivers running red lights in Florida have resulted in nearly 350 deaths from 2007 to 2011.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Should not take advantage of Old men.
Dphins4me wrote:
I hate it when Gov takes advantage of senile old men. It reminds me of Andy Griffin promoting Obama care. Everyone knows red light cameras are just for money grubbing. Towns have been caught shorting the yellow light on crossings with red light cameras.

Quote:
Three South Florida celebrities have joined forces for the sake of traffic safety.

Former Miami Dolphins coach Don Shula joined music mogul Emilio Estefan and Marc Buoniconti, son of NFL Hall of Famer Nick Buoniconti, at University of Miami Hospital as the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis launched a public campaign supporting the use of red-light safety cameras.

The high-profile spokesmen said the cameras are proven tools in reducing life-threatening accidents. Buoniconti, who is the president of the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, said, "Running red lights is like an epidemic here, and the red-light cameras have shown really to have a significant effect in reducing the amount of injuries caused by people running red lights."

He added accidents from drivers running red lights in Florida have resulted in nearly 350 deaths from 2007 to 2011.

Red light cameras COULD be used for safety purposes. But I agree with you. They really aren't.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:40 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Consider the fact that red-light cameras are operated by for-profit companies, and the government gets a cut. That tells me safety is NOT the goal.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Hey guys, give the government credit. This is one instance where they got it right as far as generating revenue. Pretty clever on their part.

Typically they just increase taxes to the point their citizens can't pay them anymore and move elsewhere.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]