View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pat Robertson is a MORON!!! 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Pat Robertson is a MORON!!!
Quote:
"And you know, Kristi, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, you know, Napoleon the 3rd and whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you'll get us free from the French.' True story. And so the Devil said, 'Okay, it's a deal."

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article ... 04,00.html

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Pat Robertson is a MORON!!!
Disgusting comment....

:boo:

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

From what I understrand that is just some kind of unsubstantiated junk that does not bear repeating. Pat would do well to read his bible before repeating this rubish.

Luke 13

1Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Is this the spiritual or the political forum?

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:32 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I understand some of what he is saying, but it was such an insensitive thing to say. I think the guy is getting old and senile.

The Haitians are deep in voodoo. Very bad stuff. You can hear the voodoo drums at night there.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Still, there is a time and place. When you start blaming things/people at a time like this and they get wind of it... hangings/lynchings/beheadings

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ski_Money wrote:
Still, there is a time and place. When you start blaming things/people at a time like this and they get wind of it... hangings/lynchings/beheadings

Haiti lies over a fault. This would have happened anyways even if Mother Theresa were the mayor;)

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I agree, the comments were insensitive and theologically off base. I understand where he was going with his comments, I just don't agree with him. Yes Haiti is very steeped in Voodoo, which I too believe to be bad, but this is not why they had an earthquake. Even if it were, to say this on the heals of such a disaster is just plain arrogant. As Dave said though, this would have happened even if Mother Theresa were the President of Haiti.
Robertson needs to retire.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

To be christian by definition is to be like christ. Hence the name of the religion. When things like this happen you have to ask yourself "what would Jesus do". I think Pat took a step backwards. If their discressions were the cause of this, I would think offering comfort and aid as a christian would do more than play the blame game.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Haiti lies over a fault. This would have happened anyways even if Mother Theresa were the mayor;)

If Mother Theresa were mayor then people would say it happened because Mother Theresa is mayor.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]