View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Boehner to Bashing Beatle: Apologize! 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Boehner to Bashing Beatle: Apologize!
I've always been a huge Paul McCartney fan, but I have to say that his comments disappointed me as well. What right does a non-American citizen have in bashing our former president. If you will notice, Dubya has avoided saying anything negative about any president, but they have had a free-for-all on him. It's just a lack of class.

Quote:
Boehner to Bashing Beatle: Apologize!
by Connie Hair
06/04/2010

Sir Paul McCartney's cheap shot aimed at former President George W. Bush at a White House event on Wednesday has prompted House Minority Leader John Boehner to demand an apology from the Beatle.

McCartney literally gushed over President Obama throughout his East Room concert. “Getting this prize would just be good enough, but getting it from this president…” McCartney said letting his praise trail off as if there were vast volumes left unsaid.

The prize McCartney was given is the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, a lifetime achievement award bestowed by the Library of Congress.

McCartney ended the evening taking a baseless cheap shot at former President George W. Bush.

“After the last eight years, it’s great to have a President who knows what a library is,” McCartney quipped.

When did decorum go out of style?

“Like millions of other Americans, I have always had a good impression of Paul McCartney and thought of him as a classy guy, but I was surprised and disappointed by the lack of grace and respect he displayed at the White House,” Boehner told HUMAN EVENTS. “I hope he'll apologize to the American people for his conduct which demeaned him, the White House and President Obama.”

McCartney is the third recipient of the Gershwin Prize. Hailing from England and having earned no university degrees of his own, the Beatle may not know W. was the first American president to earn a master’s degree in business administration. (The fact the MBA is from Harvard really irks the left.) Not to mention Bush is married to a librarian.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37350

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:47 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Boehner to Bashing Beatle: Apologize!
He (McCartney) may know how to play good music, but he certainly isn't the brightest bulb in the Christmas Tree.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]