Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Jenny57 wrote:
I know. And the excuse of "we're not on the internet all the time." And I see the inflammatory D-1 is still spouting off racist crap. Way to clamp down "Big Dave."

Did you take the time to report the post? Do you know that the moderators had read it? Do you think they sit around reading every post? How do you know that there isn't a hidden moderator forum right now where they are discussing how to handle the perpetrator?

For being a scientist, you sure jump to a lot of conclusions without having any tangible evidence. You must not do a very good job of critical thinking and analysis at your job given the way you continually jump to conclusions.

You've been on this forum for a few minutes and you've managed to insult a bunch of members and criticize all of the moderators for the job they do without knowing what exactly they are doing. You, a supposed marine biologist... so I am assuming you have some level of education, who thinks they are smarter than everyone else, have resorted to calling people stupid, arrogant and even used the term "pretentious twat". Is that what you learned with that degree?

Maybe you should have minored in psychology so you can learn a thing or two about anger management and perform self therapy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
You, a supposed marine biologist... so I am assuming you have some level of education, who thinks they are smarter than everyone else

There is a big difference between being smart and just being 'educated'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I usually don't announce these things, but Jenny (or whoever he/she is) is banned. There is medication for people like that.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

zatrex99 wrote:
Quote:
I totally disagree with you. He does not have the right to insult the lives of those young kids and adults who lost their lives in a real war. It's disrespectful for him to use his profession to insult others Nationally through his employer. Muhammad Ali did it the right way, he gave up everything. Kaepernick didn't lose anything. I'm not the one whining. Nothing in life is fair. Look at those police officers in Dallas who lost their lives? Once again Kaepernick should take his talents to China or Japan if he does not like it here. He comes across as someone trying to garner attention, because he's not doing it on the football field. I don't like it at all.

He does have that right, and you have the right to disagree with me. But IMO, you should better inform yourself before forming said opinion.

Ali did not give up everything because of his personal beliefs about the V War. He lost them as a consequence of it, he wasn't willing to give them up. Which is to say he took an action without knowing the consequences of it.

Now back to K-nap. Did he start doing this because his girlfriend put him up to it? Probably. Is he doing it to draw attention to himself for personal gain? Again probably. Does he deserve your scorn, again probably.

Does he deserve mine? Yes, but I wouldn't have paid attention if he hadn't, and he didn't shoot policemen to raise the issue, he protested peacefully.

Consider this: I looked carefully at 9 of these incidents. In 3 of them, the policeman/woman was wrong and is being charged for manslaughter. 3 are questionable and still in review. I'm guessing complete overreaction by both sides because of national scrutiny on those. In 3 the suspect was clearly wrong and the shootings were justified.

But here is the case that tells me there is a problem and it's snowballing on itself and its not a shooting. 13yr AA woman rides her bike into an intersection, hits car, and knocks herself out. Upon coming to, she jumps up, screaming she wants her mother and attempts to run home. The police subdue her, despite her getting extremely hysterical and wanting her mom, put her in the back of the police car then pepper spray her. She was no danger to them, only herself.

I hope to high heaven I don't have to deal with those cops because if I was that girl, I'm sure I'd wanted my mother too and I doubt I'd be thinking clearly. I'd hope the police officer would've walked me home and not left until he was sure my mother was taking care of me.

I agree with most of what you've said, but I disagree with you in the fact that Ali knew what he was giving up and about to lose. He was advised of it and he was warned by his advisers, but he didn't care, he had enough of it.

He gave up his "prime" years of his career and when he came back, he pretty much came back a much slower and out of shape fighter and appeared mentally whipped.

There are so many wrongs within our history. From the great Cuban's in Miami that were robbed of their freedom and families murdered over politics, not even a "race" issue either, to the American Indians and Mexicans who had their land stolen.

Like I said, "Life" is not fair, good looking girls, get the best man and their money, is their prejudice there? Sure, its everywhere.

My big complaint is, this is a kids game and its the old timers that made this game great.

Today's players are way overpaid and they are spoiled.

I don't agree with what those police officers did, and I don't believe in mowing down defenseless police officers either.

This is about honoring those who have fallen at the "price" of "freedom".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:05 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
I usually don't announce these things, but Jenny (or whoever he/she is) is banned. There is medication for people like that.

Yeah. She was right about D1 though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

In a tragic comedy, who do you root for?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Yeah. She was right about D1 though.

Yes, we finally got around to dealing with D1. We do not tolerate racial posts. Every time he posts something the IQ of the site takes a big drop.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

heshe is probably ironing herhis Winston jersey as I type

:fart:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:00 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:

Jenny lives in New York, and actually posted some intelligent stuff on the Dolphins. That would definitely leave Tommy out;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:03 pm 

Big Dave wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Jenny lives in New York, and actually posted some intelligent stuff on the Dolphins. That would definitely leave Tommy out;)

Yeah, she started off solid. Then a couple of people disagreed with her and she became unhinged.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:16 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Does anyone else think that Jones should be cut for his stupid penalty prior to the reverse TD run? Is he so good that he cannot be replaced? This is if Gase wants to continue the send a message for stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Does anyone else think that Jones should be cut for his stupid penalty prior to the reverse TD run? Is he so good that he cannot be replaced? This is if Gase wants to continue the send a message for stupidity.

You aren't serious though, right?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Why wouldn't I be? Is Jones irreplaceable? Miami only wanted him on a one year deal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 am 

Can you guys please move on from the off topic football discussion? This is now a political/banned member bashing thread.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Can you guys please move on from the off topic football discussion? This is now a political/banned member bashing thread.

Thank you.

I'm getting ready to move it back to the Dolphins area.

Anyways, I don't think Jones has played well at all this year, but I think the Dolphins would keep him for least being in the rotation. Also, I think I read where Joseph is going to use Cam Wake less this week because the Bills are a running offense. Good luck with overthinking once again, Joseph.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Why wouldn't I be? Is Jones irreplaceable? Miami only wanted him on a one year deal.

My bad. I thought we were talking about Reshad Jones where stars deservedly get perks and more of a leash regarding disciplinary action than lesser guys.

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2